Sponsored

Has Anyone bought/installed the HGP Louvered rear quarter windows?

Superspirit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
We just saw this thread and was not sure if you have seen our new re-design of our windows where we removed the large Gorilla Glass Logo from the window. We currently have a limited time discount code for Mustang 6G Members, that is going to expire April 1st in case you were still interested in purchasing a set!
link?
Sponsored

Mr. Met

06 Time Person ofthe Year
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
2020 GTPP Premium, 2015 GT Premium, 1999 Expedition EB
We just saw this thread and was not sure if you have seen our new re-design of our windows where we removed the large Gorilla Glass Logo from the window. We currently have a limited time discount code for Mustang 6G Members, that is going to expire April 1st in case you were still interested in purchasing a set!
Very interested. But, any idea what customers are usually being charged for install? I assume you have to take apart some of the interior.

HGP_AutoGlass

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
HGP_AutoGlass
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby Mustang GT500

HGP_AutoGlass

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
HGP_AutoGlass
Vehicle(s)
Very interested. But, any idea what customers are usually being charged for install? I assume you have to take apart some of the interior.
From our experience, it does take some time from a quality auto glass installer, about 2-3 hours. We have been told by our customers that they have paid somewhere around $125-$300. Every vehicle is different and installers have different pricing based on their services to that is completely variable.

Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
From our experience, it does take some time from a quality auto glass installer, about 2-3 hours. We have been told by our customers that they have paid somewhere around $125-$300. Every vehicle is different and installers have different pricing based on their services to that is completely variable.
I know folks didn't want the "Gorilla" logo (or other wording) on the glass, but has there been any discussion at your Company to offer either the Mustang Pony or the Cobra Snake as an etch option to the glass at the far right? Or is that not possible due to Ford Copyright/Trademark policies?

---
To the M6G community:

I have seen the comments regarding the cost of the rear 1/4 glass. Please realize that:

- The true 50th Anniversary 1/4 glass is more costly than the HGP offering. It is also not available retail or from any Ford Parts Dept. to purchase unless it's a verified owner of 1 of the 1,964 50th LE's. The pricing of the 50th LE 1/4 glass is anywhere from $1,200.00-$1,500.00 for EACH L & R side. The only other way to source the specific 50th LE glass is IF one can get it from a salvaged 50th LE.

- The HGP offering is EXCELLENT in execution, quality, design, AND price point. HGP is the only aftermarket Company that was able to design, bring to reality, and offer such a unique and true beveled rear 1/4 glass to the S550 Communities. To do so, it's not an easy or cheap proposition from the initial design phase, to sourcing materials, sourcing manufacture to produce, testing prototypes, going through possible failure and redesign, and getting the approved final design through patent requests and legalities. The HGP price point is EXCELLENT, even without any offered discounts considering all that went into getting these unique 1/4 glass to fruition and market.

I totally applaud HGP for being the only Company that pulled it off and to offer us S550 owners this unique part upgrade. I've touted this product from the start after seeing early SEMA announcements.

Initial intro on this site:
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...quarter-window-sema-2019.131306/#post-3317849

Subsequent promotions of it:
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...isle-pa-2021-mach1.160918/page-3#post-3280461

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/quarter-window-louvers.162713/#post-3312909

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...quarter-window-sema-2019.131306/#post-3317849

I had even reached out to them early on in 2019 via email (11/10/19) way before production examples were even available to the public. This company is responsive and answered any questions I had then - and continues to support the S550 community now on this very site.

I have absolutely no connections to HGP or their affiliates, nor do I even have the product (due to funds). I just like the product, design execution of it, and the overall quality of it. The price point of $1k or in the middle $9xx.xx range is extremely, extremely fair for a PAIR of genuine rear 1/4 GLASS, over any other aftermarket "stick-on" louvers. I'm glad we have @HGP_AutoGlass on board as a Vendor and would recommend or promote their product to anyone, even beyond this site.

OP
OP
Semp1

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 Magneride
O-really? C'mon, no pics to share? 😁

Post up, let's see - and can you offer any pros/cons to the install process - or did you have a glass contractor do the work?

and it's tinted too so you don't see the lettering for gorilla glass because it's black.

E82BF8F9-BDEB-4CDC-89CB-CDAFDE942CE8_1_201_a.jpeg

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
I have the HGP windows as well and I love the look. I’ve never been a fan of plastic louvers so this was the ticket for me. My local glass shop took about 3 hours to install them.
Only problem is they cracked one. The laminated glass is super thin and flexible so it’s not very strong until it’s mounted in the car and the guy put his palm right in the center of it and pushed. The shop didn’t want to pay for replacement because I didn’t buy it from them so I called HGP.
Brandon at HGP went to bat for me and convinced his boss that they would replace the single piece even though their warranty specifically said they don’t cover damage due to installation errors. They absolutely could have said “sorry, but we’ll sell you a new set” and they didn’t. That’s excellent customer service on their part.
Got the replacement glass in 2 days and had the owner of the glass shop do the install instead of the less experienced younger guy who did the first set. Now all is good.
I only wish I had known they were going to offer the glass without the markings and the discount but considering they sent me a new panel free of charge I can’t complain about the $125 coupon. They also have amazing sales during Black Friday and had 25% off last year.
Yes they are expensive, but quality and uniqueness hardly ever come cheap. I’m a happy customer and love the look!
C11F1BA0-E7A6-4FC4-BD16-774FF89A0ADA.jpeg

8450F9F1-007E-4D85-BFBF-F0FABBF69212.jpeg

E76629B9-3705-44C7-96D4-06BE35669095.jpeg

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Juat ordered a set and I’m pretty excited to get them on the car. They’re going to be a killer compliment to my hood trackspec vents.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
and it's tinted too so you don't see the lettering for gorilla glass because it's black.

E82BF8F9-BDEB-4CDC-89CB-CDAFDE942CE8_1_201_a.jpeg
I have the HGP windows as well and I love the look. I’ve never been a fan of plastic louvers so this was the ticket for me. My local glass shop took about 3 hours to install them.
Only problem is they cracked one. The laminated glass is super thin and flexible so it’s not very strong until it’s mounted in the car and the guy put his palm right in the center of it and pushed. The shop didn’t want to pay for replacement because I didn’t buy it from them so I called HGP.
Brandon at HGP went to bat for me and convinced his boss that they would replace the single piece even though their warranty specifically said they don’t cover damage due to installation errors. They absolutely could have said “sorry, but we’ll sell you a new set” and they didn’t. That’s excellent customer service on their part.
Got the replacement glass in 2 days and had the owner of the glass shop do the install instead of the less experienced younger guy who did the first set. Now all is good.
I only wish I had known they were going to offer the glass without the markings and the discount but considering they sent me a new panel free of charge I can’t complain about the $125 coupon. They also have amazing sales during Black Friday and had 25% off last year.
Yes they are expensive, but quality and uniqueness hardly ever come cheap. I’m a happy customer and love the look!
C11F1BA0-E7A6-4FC4-BD16-774FF89A0ADA.jpeg

8450F9F1-007E-4D85-BFBF-F0FABBF69212.jpeg

E76629B9-3705-44C7-96D4-06BE35669095.jpeg
Man, that HGP 1/4 glass looks absolutely fabulous on both your S550's!! Even the encasement rubber trim looks way better than the factory 1/4 glass trim too!

Definitely unique and the way to go for that beveled/louvered look!

Sponsored

Stang5

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang bullitt 6759
If only we could convince them to do some with Crome trim , I would be a buyer . I really like the look .

HGP_AutoGlass

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
HGP_AutoGlass
Vehicle(s)
I know folks didn't want the "Gorilla" logo (or other wording) on the glass, but has there been any discussion at your Company to offer either the Mustang Pony or the Cobra Snake as an etch option to the glass at the far right? Or is that not possible due to Ford Copyright/Trademark policies?

---
To the M6G community:

I have seen the comments regarding the cost of the rear 1/4 glass. Please realize that:

- The true 50th Anniversary 1/4 glass is more costly than the HGP offering. It is also not available retail or from any Ford Parts Dept. to purchase unless it's a verified owner of 1 of the 1,964 50th LE's. The pricing of the 50th LE 1/4 glass is anywhere from $1,200.00-$1,500.00 for EACH L & R side. The only other way to source the specific 50th LE glass is IF one can get it from a salvaged 50th LE.

- The HGP offering is EXCELLENT in execution, quality, design, AND price point. HGP is the only aftermarket Company that was able to design, bring to reality, and offer such a unique and true beveled rear 1/4 glass to the S550 Communities. To do so, it's not an easy or cheap proposition from the initial design phase, to sourcing materials, sourcing manufacture to produce, testing prototypes, going through possible failure and redesign, and getting the approved final design through patent requests and legalities. The HGP price point is EXCELLENT, even without any offered discounts considering all that went into getting these unique 1/4 glass to fruition and market.

I totally applaud HGP for being the only Company that pulled it off and to offer us S550 owners this unique part upgrade. I've touted this product from the start after seeing early SEMA announcements.

Initial intro on this site:

Subsequent promotions of it:
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...isle-pa-2021-mach1.160918/page-3#post-3280461

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/quarter-window-louvers.162713/#post-3312909

I had even reached out to them early on in 2019 via email (11/10/19) way before production examples were even available to the public. This company is responsive and answered any questions I had then - and continues to support the S550 community now on this very site.

I have absolutely no connections to HGP or their affiliates, nor do I even have the product (due to funds). I just like the product, design execution of it, and the overall quality of it. The price point of $1k or in the middle $9xx.xx range is extremely, extremely fair for a PAIR of genuine rear 1/4 GLASS, over any other aftermarket "stick-on" louvers. I'm glad we have @HGP_AutoGlass on board as a Vendor and would recommend or promote their product to anyone, even beyond this site.
We actually make the quarter windows for the 21-22 Shelby Super Snake and those have the Shelby logo on them but those are exclusive to the Shelby Super Snake. With regards to the other logos or images, you are pretty spot on with the issues with copyright/trademark so there are no immediate plans with that aspect, but never say never😉

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Back from Tint and ready to be installed tomorrow morning.

Tint guys weren’t sure what the heck they were dealing with and thought they were plexiglass (not tintable), but reason prevailed.

7C9F9281-20F0-4D14-94A6-B77DFA473510.jpeg

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Back from Tint and ready to be installed tomorrow morning.

Tint guys weren’t sure what the heck they were dealing with and thought they were plexiglass (not tintable), but reason prevailed.

7C9F9281-20F0-4D14-94A6-B77DFA473510.jpeg
I had the same argument with another tint shop, they swore it wouldn’t stick. But another shop closer to me was willing to accept the challenge. There’s a warning sheet in the box that says if you tint them to not use any heat whatsoever which tells me they are fine to be tinted, and they are.

Now, when you go to get them installed, be very specific in telling them not to put pressure on the glass, it WILL crack as mine did. They should drop right into the guide pin holes without having to press hard on the panel. Also, make sure they put rust inhibitor on all metal surfaces they scratch when removing the old window and let it sit for 10 minutes before installing the window. Most shops skip this part.

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Now, when you go to get them installed, be very specific in telling them not to put pressure on the glass, it WILL crack as mine did. They should drop right into the guide pin holes without having to press hard on the panel. Also, make sure they put rust inhibitor on all metal surfaces they scratch when removing the old window and let it sit for 10 minutes before installing the window. Most shops skip this part.
Yeah the guy didn't believe they were actually glass. I let him test a corner in the back with a blade to be sure, after assuring him a couple times they were Gorilla glass. The plastic parts, overall weight, and small glass planes really threw them off.

Thanks for the warning. I did notice that cautionary tale re-reading the thread today and intend to make the installer VERY aware (and then still cross my fingers and hope for the best). The are definitely very flexy when off the car.
Sponsored