ESS Centrifugal Mustang Superchargers

Chads19Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang gt
Isn't that kit supposed to be a complete kit? I used to have to crank mine a few times, but was told that was normal with E85 & a return style system. All I would do is turn the car on with out cranking for about 10 seconds then it would start right up every time. Idk about it running bad for the next 10-15 mins. Maybe it has a kink in the cheap hose it comes with?
I guess I can just do it that way, I usually like to remote start mine so it warms up a few minutes before I head out so I guess I'll have to get my lazy ass outside to manually start it lol
Sponsored

Cordero1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
I guess I can just do it that way, I usually like to remote start mine so it warms up a few minutes before I head out so I guess I'll have to get my lazy ass outside to manually start it lol
Mine was a manual so I had to anyways lol. Try it to see if that helps out. Might be a diff problem. I was not too happy with that kit myself. I dont like that black tubing & worked with it quiet a bit at my last job, kinks super easily. If it is kinked, that black tubing, quick connect, & hose barb splitter is sold at Oreilly's for like $5.

Colin1337

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1, 2015 VW GTI PP
This may have been asked somewhere in the 130 pages, but what’s the recommended headunit/belt size/fueling for 700-750whp on pump 92? Looking into buying one of these kits shortly..

Brevin@ESS

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang GT
This may have been asked somewhere in the 130 pages, but what’s the recommended headunit/belt size/fueling for 700-750whp on pump 92? Looking into buying one of these kits shortly..
I would recommend a G3/120mm setup for Gen 3 or a G3/115mm for Gen 2. This is about as much boost as you should safely run on pump gas. Some have pushed further using octane boosters but those are generally the limits we have seen. Get yourself a set of ID 1050’s or FIC 1000’s with our optional DW 415 pump and you’ll be set.

Colin1337

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1, 2015 VW GTI PP
I would recommend a G3/120mm setup for Gen 3 or a G3/115mm for Gen 2. This is about as much boost as you should safely run on pump gas. Some have pushed further using octane boosters but those are generally the limits we have seen. Get yourself a set of ID 1050’s or FIC 1000’s with our optional DW 415 pump and you’ll be set.
Roger that! Probably be placing my order sometime late April. Thanks for the info.

Sponsored

WIST2019GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Brevin what sort of power would you see on that setup with a fuel system and E85 (Gen 3 car)?

Last edited:

Brevin@ESS

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang GT
Brevin what sort of power would you see on that setup with a fuel system and E85 (Gen 3 car)?
Well that setup is mainly used for pump gas, generally around 700whp is where you run into octane limitations without the use of octane boosters or methanol. Again some people have pushed further but it’s risky. That same setup on E85 on a gen 3 car could make 750whp or more. Coyotes love E85, even on low boost they pick up a good amount of power. There are still lots of variables. There would be plenty of room to pulley down as well with the introduction of E85.

WIST2019GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Well that setup is mainly used for pump gas, generally around 700whp is where you run into octane limitations without the use of octane boosters or methanol. Again some people have pushed further but it’s risky. That same setup on E85 on a gen 3 car could make 750whp or more. Coyotes love E85, even on low boost they pick up a good amount of power. There are still lots of variables. There would be plenty of room to pulley down as well with the introduction of E85.
I was fairly set on getting a Hellion sleeper kit, but its hard to deny the potential and price of these blowers. Im concerned that I wont be able to hit my goals though, which is why I was hoping for some more firm numbers. Id like to see mid 9s@145+ full weight (2021 401A 10R80 car) using a G3 with Xtrim, whichever pulley I need to get there and a return style fuel system on e85.

Is this a realistic goal and what pulley would you recommend for this?

Thanks.

Brevin@ESS

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang GT
I was fairly set on getting a Hellion sleeper kit, but its hard to deny the potential and price of these blowers. Im concerned that I wont be able to hit my goals though, which is why I was hoping for some more firm numbers. Id like to see mid 9s@145+ full weight (2021 401A 10R80 car) using a G3 with Xtrim, whichever pulley I need to get there and a return style fuel system on e85.

Is this a realistic goal and what pulley would you recommend for this?

Thanks.
It’s hard to give firm numbers because every setup differs and all the variables involved. However, that is a very easy goal to accomplish with a G3 X-trim on E85. A 110mm pulley would most likely get you there or beyond. Another member Brad has already been 6.2x @ 119mph in the 1/8th on a very basic setup with the 115mm pulley I believe. And that’s on E30 and stock fuel system. If you do the calculations that 1/8th mile would be a mid 9 close to 150 trap. You will have no issues reaching that goal at all.

dead_inside

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Prem PP
I'm chasing false knock after install. It appears that I am the first and only one to have to do this with this kit so far. OEM headers and exhaust. I went through with a rubber mallet and checked the exhaust system any way, struck from multiple angles near the flex pipe and mufflers, but heard nothing. I noticed the lower grill insert was contacting the intercooler, so I added some padding and that helped but issue persists. I have a few questions:

1. Has anyone had to secure the filter? I notice it rests against the horn and the fender liner.
2. What did you do with the wire bundle that was secured to the crash bar? You have to remove the clips on the crash bar that secured that bundle to allow room for the intercooler. Did you just leave the bundle loose?
3. Is previously mentioned wire bundle in front of or behind your intercooler? Mine is in front essentially resting on the crash bar. You cant see it from the front with the bumper on.

I'm going to do round 3 of inspection and securing before pulling and checking plugs.

Sponsored

Brevin@ESS

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang GT
I'm chasing false knock after install. It appears that I am the first and only one to have to do this with this kit so far. OEM headers and exhaust. I went through with a rubber mallet and checked the exhaust system any way, struck from multiple angles near the flex pipe and mufflers, but heard nothing. I noticed the lower grill insert was contacting the intercooler, so I added some padding and that helped but issue persists. I have a few questions:

1. Has anyone had to secure the filter? I notice it rests against the horn and the fender liner.
2. What did you do with the wire bundle that was secured to the crash bar? You have to remove the clips on the crash bar that secured that bundle to allow room for the intercooler. Did you just leave the bundle loose?
3. Is previously mentioned wire bundle in front of or behind your intercooler? Mine is in front essentially resting on the crash bar. You cant see it from the front with the bumper on.

I'm going to do round 3 of inspection and securing before pulling and checking plugs.
Areas such as the intercooler or filter won’t be sources of false knock. Vibrations won’t travel through the silicone piping. Something has to be loose on the engine itself or it’s a fuel/spark/sensor issue. Hope this helps

kiksbutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
How much would a shop charge to have this installed? Whole package

Cordero1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
I would think that would vary by shop & region.

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP Whipple Stage 2
Little 60-130 full street trim 20” wheel tires ball stuff in the truck etc… 120mm pulley e30 had to start in 4th due to traction.

That was a nice run.seems like the ESS Kits are spot on for our mustangs
Sponsored