Sponsored

Car is on jacks..what shifter mods and fluids to change while up

Mustangfreek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15’ GT
Hey guys. 2 months into my first coyote and told myself mods would be simple, as I have a old habit on my foxes to go far..lol.., but car is on jacks at the moment finishing up catback install and looking around underneath at trans/shifter area.

Has 77k miles n car, 15’ , car shifts ok at normal speeds, but then crank it up, it’s hard to get a solid into gear feel every time

So, was thinking of changing trans fluid and diff while it was up On jacks.
Along with any shifter help I could do without breaking the bank.

The Steeda bushing a good idea? https://www.steeda.com/steeda-s550-mustang-shifter-base-bushing-bracket-kit-2015-all-555-7092.html

what fluid/modifier is needed for trans and diff?

anymother items I should inspect/replace while I’m at it?

Car is getting procharger soon and completely stock.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Mustangfreek

Mustangfreek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15’ GT
No help..lol

was thinking
Amsoil 75-90 for rear end and the amsoil syncromesh for tranny.

Do I need friction modifier with the amsoil,?

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
I changed my trans fluid to BG and have the Steeda bracket, and the two combined eliminated the minor gripes I had with my transmission.

I did the rear diff as well (BG) and if memory serves the friction modifier is required.

Duece McCracken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator Rubicon, 2019 Bullitt
Redline MT-LV in trans
Redline 75w-110 in rear diff

Is what I run.

People love the BG stuff though.

I dont have a budget friendly shifter setup. Barton Hybrid 3, trans mounted, Shift Solutions heavy knob, boomba street trans mount, BMR motor mounts, BMR motor mount brackets. Shifter is precise, perfection.

Sponsored

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Redline MT-LV in trans

Is what I run.

I dont have a budget friendly shifter setup. Barton Hybrid 3, trans mounted, Shift Solutions heavy knob, boomba street trans mount, BMR motor mounts, BMR motor mount brackets. Shifter is precise, perfection.
Hey Deuce, how do you like that Boomba trans mount? I‘m thinking about getting one, but in the race version. Not too concerned about adding extra NVH. If you had it to do over again, would you have opted for the race version? I currently have the Whiteline insert in mine. Did you try an insert before the Boomba mount? it sure would have been nice if Boomba had also made a third video with a Whiteline or equivalent trans mount bushing insert for comparison purposes. Thanks

Last edited:

Duece McCracken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hey Deuce, how do you like that Boomba trans mount? I‘m thinking about getting one, but in the race version. Not too concerned about adding extra NVH. If you had it to do over again, would you have opted for the race version? I currently have the Whiteline insert in mine. Did you try an insert before the Boomba mount? it sure would have been nice if Boomba had also made a third video with a Whiteline or equivalent trans mount bushing insert for comparison purposes. Thanks

I dont think theres any perceived compromise by going with the street over the race. Replacing the POS OEM mount is the big deal. Tightened up the drivetrain very noticeably.

I do highly recommend their part. I've run quite a bit of their products on other platforms, they are very good cost to performance, and top notch quality.

@Boomba Racing

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I dont think theres any perceived compromise by going with the street over the race. Replacing the POS OEM mount is the big deal. Tightened up the drivetrain very noticeably.

I do highly recommend their part. I've run quite a bit of their products on other platforms, they are very good cost to performance, and top notch quality.

@Boomba Racing
Right on! Thanks

Sponsored

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Redline MT-LV in trans

Is what I run.

Did you add additional friction modifier to the rear diff with your redline fluid? I know it's supposed to have it included already, but I'm curious.

Duece McCracken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did you add additional friction modifier to the rear diff with your redline fluid? I know it's supposed to have it included already, but I'm curious.
No I did not. Not sure if I should, either, lol

The Steeda Diff bushings kit, and QA1 driveshaft seemed to have added drivetrain noise/transmit more into the car. So im not sure if its the diff talking, or everything is normal.

This is something I have pondered.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
No I did not. Not sure if I should, either, lol

The Steeda Diff bushings kit, and QA1 driveshaft seemed to have added drivetrain noise/transmit more into the car. So im not sure if its the diff talking, or everything is normal.

This is something I have pondered.
Diff chatter only really happens at very low speeds. The test is to do figure 8's at like 2mph with the windows down and see if you hear a binding or feel a vibration that is odd.

OP
OP
Mustangfreek

Mustangfreek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15’ GT
To update, car is still on jacks..

Changed tranny and rearend and got 1 drive in, tranny feels better all around, on,y thing I notice is a little more whine in 1/2 gear., well maybe not more , It was there, I’m just listening more for it..lol But nothing much.

Also added Ceratec to the engine and seemed to dim down the newly Noticed tick by a good chunk.
Also changed plugs..

Why not it’s on jacks waiting for the brown truck to show up..:)

A58D19A1-6D38-4370-B312-571C727E044F.jpeg

Last edited:

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Fluid swap is a great idea. I went with Red Line MTL GL-4 (75x-80) for trans & 75w-85 GL-5 for the diff (No friction modifier needed). I do it about every other season and never have any issues with either. Whatever fluid you pick it'll be an improvement.

I also added the Steeda Bushing Insert, Barton V2 shifter (Trans mounted), McLeod S/S Clutch Cable, Steeda clutch spring and a cool Ford Performance CF knob. (I also have a new clutch but that's a different story).

Are all those things necessary? Probably not but it might be a good idea to think about your future plans for the car and what power range you'll be operating in. Especially if the car is in upgrade mode.
Sponsored

Last edited: