Sponsored

ESS Centrifugal Mustang Superchargers

TEXAS HEAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 A10
mine is the same way. slide the pulley on, install the locking key, and tighten down the 14mm bolt. should go off the same way in reverse presumably. if it wasn't a press fit to go on i cant imagine it would be to go off...
I agree; it definitely wasn't an interference fit and I figured it would easily come off, but it didn't for me. Perhaps I used too much Blue Loctite on the threads and it oozed out and ended up getting in between the shaft and the pulley...?

I did not use an impact to install the bolt, I just threaded it in and torqued it to the recommended 20lb/ft. I didn't have any issue removing the bolt, just the pulley. Once I'm able to remove it, I will use some anti-seize and a lot less Loctite on the threads so it's easier to remove the next time.
Sponsored

Exploded_Muffin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Done with my E85 setup. Tried to keep the engine bay looking sensible but still just a mess of wires/hoses etc.

Best dyno pull was 789 whp seeing 21.5* up top.
(I saw 2* knock on the last pull around 7500 which was surprising. All other pulls held timing with no knock. Did all 3 runs with no cool down and just saw from the video that the dyno fan wasn't on either :facepalm: so possibly heat issues. Tuner is reviewing logs).

Previous highest on 93 + meth was 709 seeing about 17* up top.
So about 80 whp gain on the same 105mm/11psi pulley and same dyno for my setup.
Will record a 60 - 130 when I get a chance

@kevinvan6000, I think you should be somewhere right above 800 as my setup generally tracks 20 - 30 hp behind yours. You might need to get the 100mm pulley just in case

@cbrtrx, I ended up plumbing the HPFP directly from the main feed line per your suggestion.
The main 8AN feed line is Y split into an 8AN and 6AN line. The 6AN line goes directly to the HPFP.
The 8AN line then Y splits again into two 8AN lines going to the two rails in parallel.
Might change my main feed line to a 10AN, not sure if it's ok pressure drop wise splitting an 8AN into an 8AN and a 6AN and then splitting that 8AN again into two 8ANs.
Lift pump and rail pressures look good though so we'll see

20220310_192731.jpg

20220311_124233.jpg

pittzy23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Corey
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
I agree; it definitely wasn't an interference fit and I figured it would easily come off, but it didn't for me. Perhaps I used too much Blue Loctite on the threads and it oozed out and ended up getting in between the shaft and the pulley...?

I did not use an impact to install the bolt, I just threaded it in and torqued it to the recommended 20lb/ft. I didn't have any issue removing the bolt, just the pulley. Once I'm able to remove it, I will use some anti-seize and a lot less Loctite on the threads so it's easier to remove the next time.
Hopefully I dont have similar issues. still have a 110mm sitting in a box waiting for the car to come out of winter storage. better get a puller handy just in case.

kevinvan6000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020Mustang GT
Done with my E85 setup. Tried to keep the engine bay looking sensible but still just a mess of wires/hoses etc.

(I saw 2* knock on the last pull around 7500 which was surprising. All other pulls held timing with no knock. Did all 3 runs with no cool down and just saw from the video that the dyno fan wasn't on either :facepalm: so possibly heat issues. Tuner is reviewing logs).

@kevinvan6000, I think you should be somewhere right above 800 as my setup generally tracks 20 - 30 hp behind yours. You might need to get the 100mm pulley just in case

@cbrtrx, I ended up plumbing the HPFP directly from the main feed line per your suggestion.
The main 8AN feed line is Y split into an 8AN and 6AN line. The 6AN line goes directly to the HPFP.
The 8AN line then Y splits again into two 8AN lines going to the two rails in parallel.
Might change my main feed line to a 10AN, not sure if it's ok pressure drop wise splitting an 8AN into an 8AN and a 6AN and then splitting that 8AN again into two 8ANs.

20220310_192731.jpg

20220311_124233.jpg
Nice numbers. Did you keep your meth kit with the new fuel system? I'm still planning on keeping mine for now.

Sponsored

kevinvan6000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020Mustang GT
Hopefully I dont have similar issues. still have a 110mm sitting in a box waiting for the car to come out of winter storage. better get a puller handy just in case.
I've had the pulley off mine maybe a dozen times, I've needed the puller just twice. It's good to have one around just in case, but for me, it usually just slides off.

cbrtrx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt

20220310_192731.jpg

20220311_124233.jpg
Nice numbers, congrats! E85 rarely will actually knock so maybe it was just some false knock on that run unless like you said the iats were very high from all the runs.

One thing I would suggest, you can move your catch can over by the passenger side of the radiator up underneath the plastic radiator cover. That way it's completely out of site and you dont have any chance of oily mist possibly getting on the belt either. I also would not run a breather sock over the filter, reason is the oily vapors quickly restrict the flow of the filter media then when the sock gets oily it's even worse and ends up having poor flow causing excessive crankcase pressure. I clean my catch can filter everytime I empty my can which will now be pretty often for you on E85.

Last edited:

Sponsored

kenand1988

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Was spraying on only the second pull. The first and 3rd were E85 only.
The highest whp (first pull) was on only E85.
Was testing out to see if the meth made a difference on E.
Were the dyno pulls during tuning? They way you describe it they were all just back to back for numbers. Mixing some meth would help iats but then fueling needs to compensate for being richer. My tuner said coyotes care a lot about being rich as far as peak power goes. They aren't like an ls that can be quite happy rich up top. Some amount of richness is good but not a lot. We try to hit like 1 or 2% taking out fuel on the short term trims. Also where is the nozzle or nozzles feeding the meth?

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
This is why I use Griptec pulleys. Nice and easy.

Exploded_Muffin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Nice numbers, congrats! E85 rarely will actually knock so maybe it was just some false knock on that run unless like you said the iats were very high from all the runs.

One thing I would suggest, you can move your catch can over by the passenger side of the radiator up underneath the plastic radiator cover. That way it's completely out of site and you dont have any chance of oily mist possibly getting on the belt either. I also would not run a breather sock over the filter, reason is the oily vapors quickly restrict the flow of the filter media then when the sock gets oily it's even worse and ends up having poor flow causing excessive crankcase pressure. I clean my catch can filter everytime I empty my can which will now be pretty often for you on E85.
The area close to windshield washer fluid, correct? Will look into that
Good info regarding the sock, put it on to stop the vapors getting on the supercharger.

Exploded_Muffin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Were the dyno pulls during tuning? They way you describe it they were all just back to back for numbers. Mixing some meth would help iats but then fueling needs to compensate for being richer. My tuner said coyotes care a lot about being rich as far as peak power goes. They aren't like an ls that can be quite happy rich up top. Some amount of richness is good but not a lot. We try to hit like 1 or 2% taking out fuel on the short term trims. Also where is the nozzle or nozzles feeding the meth?
Was doing it to get WOT logs, comparing meth vs no meth on E85, and just to get the numbers and compare it to my previous setup. Will see what tuner says regarding the logs as I sent him both with and without meth.
I have a single 14gph nozzle located at the bottom of the charge pipe that links the metal MAF pipe and the throttle body

cbrtrx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
The area close to windshield washer fluid, correct? Will look into that
Good info regarding the sock, put it on to stop the vapors getting on the supercharger.
Yes basically all the way up front there is an area there underneath the plastic radiator cover, I run my can up there.
Sponsored