Sponsored

GT Mustang sound vs Camaro V6

barron64

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT convertible PP1, 6sp, 2006 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab 4x4, 2009 Acura MDX, 2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser
Riding back to work after lunch yesterday with the top down, totally enjoying the car, the exhaust note and the beautiful day here...low 60's with a clear blue sky. I pull up next to a white Camaro at a red light, window rolls down and the young driver says " let me hear it!". I oblige and give hime a good shot of V8 Coyote, H-piped exhaust note. He said it sounds awesome! I replied "let me hear yours"... he shakes his head, frowns a little and said "I don't want to talk about it". I asked V6? He said yep...Lol. I laughed to myself the rest of the way back to work.
Sponsored

GeorgeC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt
Riding back to work after lunch yesterday with the top down, totally enjoying the car, the exhaust note and the beautiful day here...low 60's with a clear blue sky. I pull up next to a white Camaro at a red light, window rolls down and the young driver says " let me hear it!". I oblige and give hime a good shot of V8 Coyote, H-piped exhaust note. He said it sounds awesome! I replied "let me hear yours"... he shakes his head, frowns a little and said "I don't want to talk about it". I asked V6? He said yep...Lol. I laughed to myself the rest of the way back to work.
I had a 16 v6 mustang and I could have put a procharger on it but I could not resist the sound of the v8. I did hear a v6 Stang with a GT exhaust and an H pipe which did not sound bad but it still sounded like a v6 although it had kind of a europian sound to it.

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
I had a 16 v6 mustang and I could have put a procharger on it but I could not resist the sound of the v8. I did hear a v6 Stang with a GT exhaust and an H pipe which did not sound bad but it still sounded like a v6 although it had kind of a europian sound to it.
There's just no way to make a V6 sound good. It will always sound like a V6.

OP
OP
barron64

barron64

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT convertible PP1, 6sp, 2006 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab 4x4, 2009 Acura MDX, 2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser
A buddy of mine has a built 91 TT 300zx that has put down 500+ to the rear wheels. With equal length exhaust for each side and an x pipe in the middle, it sounds like an inline 6 with a great exhaust note. It hauls ass as well.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
If somebody (other than young kids) tells me to hit it/rev it/smoke the tires my standard response is 'gimme this months car payment first' haha.

Sponsored

T.O.Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt Mustang
There's just no way to make a V6 sound good. It will always sound like a V6.
I rented a Jag F-Type with the 3.0 V6 while travelling last year.
Didn't sound as good as my Mustang but not bad, not bad at all.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I was going to say that the Ferrari V6 in the Alfa Giulia sounds pretty good, but then I watched a couple videos of it and changed my mind. So I agree, there really aren't good sounding V6 engines.

Deleted member 35644

Last-gen Mazda MX-6 and first-gen Infiniti G coupes sounded pretty good (stock) IMO.

Sponsored

Meatball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT
The 6th gen Camaro V6 sounds very good in a V6 sort of revvy way. Listen to an auto convertible one(beating an EB and 3.6 Challenger) at 1:18

OP
OP
barron64

barron64

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The perfect 6cyl for an s550 would be the Ford twin cam, 24 valve, turbocharged 4.0l, “Barra”, in-line six from the Australian market. It is Ford’s version of the Toyota 2jz.

GeorgeC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt
And it's the technically perfect cylinder configuration for balance and smoothness.
Turbo v6"s like the Ford cyclone with a 7500 redline do have a great exotic sound and can put up respectable numbers. If it was me I would keep it quiet it would be a great sleeper. I have a gt & I would hate to have a v6 give me a good run.

13GetThere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lynn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP2 Magnet Grey
Had a friend that years ago had a 64 Nova with a straight 250 6 cyl. Put a cam, 3 single barrel carbs, headers, Corvair mufflers, and a few other tricks in it. It ran great, and had the most unique sound to it.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
The perfect 6cyl for an s550 would be the Ford twin cam, 24 valve, turbocharged 4.0l, “Barra”, in-line six from the Australian market. It is Ford’s version of the Toyota 2jz.
I don't think the Barra would fit under the Mustang's hood. It's probably too tall and long. But if they tipped it over enough and redesigned the oiling system as necessary and made the hood longer, maybe it would work. But then IMO Ford should switch to an NA V10 instead. That would be awesome. Much better than a 6 cylinder.
Sponsored