Sponsored

If you were buying a stripped GT with one option what would it be?

OP
OP
19gtaz

19gtaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT, PP1 and 2021 Mach 1
Performance Package with MagneRide currently requires the 301a package. All told a $10,395.00 upgrade.
Thanks, and yea, I just found that out, bastards! LOL

OP
OP
19gtaz

19gtaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Performance Package with MagneRide currently requires the 301a package. All told a $10,395.00 upgrade.
You can option out a GT to within a few hundred dollars of a Mach 1, wth

OP
OP
19gtaz

19gtaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What do you guys think of the MT82-D4 manual transmission?
Some of the stuff I'm reading is making me nervous.
Is the Mach 1 trans a lot better?
Asking for a friend. :crazy:

Sponsored

ZeroTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ZERO
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
The world has gone crazy, but the Mach1 was never an extreme price jump from a well-equipped GT. I'm not sure where the notion of premium and comparability to a Shelby came into play. That's not what the Mach1 package means. At least it didn't used to.

br_an

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bran
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2020 Ford F150
The world has gone crazy, but the Mach1 was never an extreme price jump from a well-equipped GT. I'm not sure where the notion of premium and comparability to a Shelby came into play. That's not what the Mach1 package means. At least it didn't used to.
Probably because the M1 shares a bunch of parts with the 350/500 and it is the current top level trim for the GT tier. But yeah it's a beefy GT, not a Shelby - Not a bad thing

ZeroTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ZERO
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I did a lot of reading/watching videos on the MT82 since I ordered a '22 manual. Generally you get two main schools of thought 1) It's trash, it will fail, the "body mounted" shifter is terrible, the D4 version has awful gear ratios and 2) it's actually not bad at all, the stock shifter is actually fairly "clicky" and accurate in how it feels, aftermarket shifters can make improvements for those who aren't 100% happy with it, and the revised D4 gears in practice don't cause any issues with performance and drivability.

As for the Tremec. Of course it's good. As I understand it's updated and based on the T-56, which I have a lot of experience driving in a Camaro. The T-56 is/was a tough transmission, but to shift worth a damn an aftermarket shifter was 100% required. It was a tougher trans to get into gears overall than the MT-82, at least in my experience. This may be different on the revised Tremec, who knows, but none of these things are without flaw.

Finally, I'd take with a grain of salt any MT82 complainers who are sitting in an A10 Mustang. They are just trying to justify their choice.

Addendum: FWIW, back in the day there were mountains of complaints about T5's in foxbody and SN95 cars. Endless talk about failing synchros and that they were "like glass" under lots of torque.... and yet... the vast majority of still-running-and-driving foxbodies are running factory T5's without any issues. Usually if someone broke a synchro or a gear, it was how they were driving or they indeed put too much power in front of it. The memories for most people of that tranny are rather warm and positive. Will the Getrag be the same? Only time will tell. As for me, I have an 8 year, 100k mile warranty from Ford on my car and I'm not worried about it.

Last edited:

ZeroTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ZERO
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Probably because the M1 shares a bunch of parts with the 350/500 and it is the current top level trim for the GT tier. But yeah it's a beefy GT, not a Shelby - Not a bad thing
The SN95 (New Edge) Mach was a cosmetically upgraded GT with a COBRA engine. That's a BIG deal, but the price wasn't in Cobra range when those were new. It was considered a bargain. Basically getting an '01 Cobra motor in a maxed out '03/04 GT with some cool retro details. Going back to the 1st gen Mustangs, Mach1 was a luxury/drag race package. Those cars were like Buicks inside and sloppy suspension, as they were built for straight line.

bigmixx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium PP2
I have a 2020 PP2 pkg and the only thing I don't like about it is the Mt82 transmission and is why I most likely won't keep the car long term. Probably would've sold it already if the car market wasn't the way it is now. The Tremec in the Mach 1 is a much better transmission and in hindsight I should've waited and paid the premium for a Mach 1.

Sponsored
OP
OP
19gtaz

19gtaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well the wife thinks I should order a Mach 1 and I hate to argue with her. 🤷‍♂️ Currently reading everything I can on the Mach 1. Does anyone know about how long the Mach 1's are taking from order date to arrival? I have to schedule any order for it to arrive after I'm in South Dakota and not before, and I'll be in AZ until mid May.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Well the wife thinks I should order a Mach 1 and I hate to argue with her. 🤷‍♂️ Currently reading everything I can on the Mach 1. Does anyone know about how long the Mach 1's are taking from order date to arrival?
Just order thru granger and have them hang onto it for a couple weeks

OP
OP
19gtaz

19gtaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just order thru granger and have them hang onto it for a couple weeks
I like this idea if they keep it inside. It hails in Iowa.

OP
OP
19gtaz

19gtaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just asked for a quote from Granger
Sponsored