2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE
V8s are going the way of the dodo - I'm pretty sure the next gen Mustang will be the last with a V8

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
What’s the EPA’s agenda for focusing on world wide factory manufacturing emissions, recycling emissions, power plant emissions, mining emissions for all these brilliant “go EV everything” plans, and cow farts instead of worrying about ludicrous vehicle mpgs…

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
What’s the EPA’s agenda for focusing on world wide factory manufacturing emissions, recycling emissions, power plant emissions, mining emissions for all these brilliant “go EV everything” plans, and cow farts instead of worrying about ludicrous vehicle mpgs…
Here you go CJ.

https://www.epa.gov/

OK, I know you were being facetious but just in case someone was really interested.

Sponsored

MIDLYFE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible
Take care of that V8, it could be worth good money in a few years.

OP
OP
theruleslawyer

theruleslawyer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
MB C350
TBH I wonder the same thing global car emissions are a small piece of the pie, but just like recycling there seems to be policy of "blame the consumer" rather than tackling the issues at the source were it would affect profit margins.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
TBH I wonder the same thing global car emissions are a small piece of the pie, but just like recycling there seems to be policy of "blame the consumer" rather than tackling the issues at the source were it would affect profit margins.
Let’s not confuse emissions and fuel economy. Today they are tied at the hip but they weren’t went the original EPA rules came out. The fuel economy rules were all about reducing our dependency on foreign fuel.

OP
OP
theruleslawyer

theruleslawyer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
MB C350
Let’s not confuse emissions and fuel economy. Today they are tied at the hip but they weren’t went the original EPA rules came out. The fuel economy rules were all about reducing our dependency on foreign fuel.
Okay, but we are talking about now. I guess they could require synthetic fuels or something, but I haven't seen anything that would indicate it is a meaningful distinction for the EPA rules.

I guess you could argue that fuel economy should be directly taxed, but instead actual use. For instance we get slapped with a gas guzzler tax, but if its a weekend only car that sees 1k miles a year its less impactful than a commuter that is hitting 15-20k.

Either way for all the noise being made about EVs they aren't the most impactful thing in terms of tons of CO2 released.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
It’s all crap. Paid gas guzzlers tax on my 350’s. But my new F450 which I’m picking up in ten days, zero. What will happen is it will get pushed back and the “tax’s” will go up. It’s not about fuel economy, it’s about what they can take out of your pocket by the guise of ….

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
It’s all crap. Paid gas guzzlers tax on my 350’s. But my new F450 which I’m picking up in ten days, zero. What will happen is it will get pushed back and the “tax’s” will go up. It’s not about fuel economy, it’s about what they can take out of your pocket by the guise of ….
Your 100% right. It about time that the GG tax be expanded to include all SUV’s and pickup trucks. Everyone should pay!

:crackup: :cwl:

69mach1-395

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR GT/CS
I have a 7.3 F350 on order...last big block to be made?

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
I'm halfway there. Should be recommended to get another sports car. Sort of like how they combine city and highway mileage, combined vehicle mileage will be in the 40's. Argue with any redneck, that is real science right there
Sponsored