Sponsored

What brand of oil does everyone use? Motorcraft or nothin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I don’t think anyone said it was.
No, not specifically. But the analogy stated by a member was that (in his brothers 97 Chrysler minivan.....) that oil wasn't important, but instead the frequency that it was changed.

Unlike others, I have hard scientific data that the motorcraft oil exceeds expectations in that the oil has better life than most expect.

A hard 3 day track weekend goes by, then an oil analysis is completed, and guess what? The oil has more to give.

Back to my point, frequency doesn't matter as much with a quality oil and filter. Motorcraft 5W50 is good oil and I am yet to get a report over many many track sessions that it is not up to the job.

So, although these cars are not 97 Chrysler minivans, they are very expensive mustangs that are capable of very high performance. Don't trust your Wal-Mart oil on a 120K CFTP or any track car for that matter.

You of all people should know.
Sponsored

Classic Lover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Dodge Challenger T/A 392 6 speed manual.
No, not specifically. But the analogy stated by a member was that (in his brothers 97 Chrysler minivan.....) that oil wasn't important, but instead the frequency that it was changed.

Unlike others, I have hard scientific data that the motorcraft oil exceeds expectations in that the oil has better life than most expect.

A hard 3 day track weekend goes by, then an oil analysis is completed, and guess what? The oil has more to give.

Back to my point, frequency doesn't matter as much with a quality oil and filter. Motorcraft 5W50 is good oil and I am yet to get a report over many many track sessions that it is not up to the job.

So, although these cars are not 97 Chrysler minivans, they are very expensive mustangs that are capable of very high performance. Don't trust your Wal-Mart oil on a 120K CFTP or any track car for that matter.

You of all people should know.
Oh I agree. From my experience working, motorcraft oil is good, I wouldn’t say it’s the best out there but you could do worse very easily. Honestly the reason his minivan ran for so long is those late 90s vans were tough as nails. I have seen many with 300,000 plus. As a diesel mechanic I know full well how important oil changes and using the right oil can be. You’d be surprised how many people run the wrong weight oil in their 50+ thousand dollar trucks.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Oh I agree. From my experience working, motorcraft oil is good, I wouldn’t say it’s the best out there but you could do worse very easily. Honestly the reason his minivan ran for so long is those late 90s vans were tough as nails. I have seen many with 300,000 plus. As a diesel mechanic I know full well how important oil changes and using the right oil can be. You’d be surprised how many people run the wrong weight oil in their 50+ thousand dollar trucks.
I guess my point was that a minivan and a GT500 don't belong in the same sentence. A minivan doesn't go all out on the track, but instead drives like a grandma to and from the supermarket.

Classic Lover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Dodge Challenger T/A 392 6 speed manual.
I guess my point was that a minivan and a GT500 don't belong in the same sentence. A minivan doesn't go all out on the track, but instead drives like a grandma to and from the supermarket.
I agree I’ll just leave this here for the lulz

Sponsored

wingnutt

Threads
Reaction score
MN, FL, WI, MO, KY, TN, CO, TX, CA, WA, TX again
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
350R avalanche gray
Sorry this was meant for the GT500 guys, not many brands/choices for 5w50 full syn :(
You can still change the heading from "everyone" to "GT500 guys". It will swerve the thread in the direction you want. :like:
no dog in the fight; but as a GT350R owner who uses the same dam 5w50 full synthetic oil…I will stick with Motorcraft that was required for my warranty, and that I can find at any Ford dealer from Memphis to Sandy Eggo 😉

…go ahead, do a round trip road trip for 1-3,000 miles and need a quart of 5w50 oil. Call your local parts store and see who has it in stock 😂

Last edited:

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10speed Aluminator Whippled
Amsoil is #1, pennzoil ultra platinum is #2 , atleast from projectfarms real world tests.

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Amsoil is #1, pennzoil ultra platinum is #2 , atleast from projectfarms real world tests.
First of all, motorcraft wasn't even considered in the competition that you speak of. Second of all, that was for 5W30. Third, the conditions that the oil were tested under were by no means severe duty and track use. Warming the oil on a coffee pot burner doesn't simulate extreme duty.

I don't care what oil you use, but spreading around incomplete and inaccurate information is not good.

Edited to add:
5W30 is not recommended nor is your engine covered under warranty if you use it.

In the guys own words.... "this is a highly subjective assessment"

Last edited:

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
^Good enough tests in my opinion for me to stick with amsoil. Ive also had oil analysis done with results that basically couldnt be better.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
^Good enough tests in my opinion for me to stick with amsoil. Ive also had oil analysis done with results that basically couldnt be better.
How many track days a year in that GT?

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How many track days a year in that GT?
I hit 8k rpm atleast 20 times a day on average. I get 8.8 mpg.

heres some 60-130s I did the other day

S4uioCD.png

Video of some of those 60-130s :

Oil results

gex1oXQ.png

over 750rwhp with the latest test there ^ , NA on the prior tests.

Last edited:

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
This is the GT500 section. 5W30 is not applicable and neither are your results.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.