You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
I am not knocking the product, the installation, or the fender liner modification. This looks great for the track cars. However, for street vehicles, particularly driven in the salty Rust Belt, I’d be afraid of rusting out the frame and sheet metal area from tire splatter during or after rainfalls. For the older folks in the room, the 1976 Plymouth Volare/Dodge Aspen no-fender liner debacle will sound familiar. If someone made a molded fender liner that covered the exposed metal but allowed for the vent flow, I would then consider this.
I’m of the same mindset. There is going to me pebbles and crap flying outta those vents like crazy.

If I’m being honest, I do not like the look of them either. They can definitely serve a purpose for track use, but they are not for me. I suppose that’s why we have options, we are all different.
Sponsored

OP
OP
GT850

GT850

Threads
Reaction score
Website
middletonmotorsports.net
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 2022 Bronco Badlands
I’m of the same mindset. There is going to me pebbles and crap flying outta those vents like crazy.

If I’m being honest, I do not like the look of them either. They can definitely serve a purpose for track use, but they are not for me. I suppose that’s why we have options, we are all different.
I agree if your not looking for tenths of a second probably not worth the money

OP
OP
GT850

GT850

Threads
Reaction score
Website
middletonmotorsports.net
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 2022 Bronco Badlands
I would just do it on any areas getting sand / debris blasted...why was it rusting so soon?
There was a crack in the paint and started rusting from that point. No rocks or debris would hit that area it’s behind all the moldings and fender linings.