krishv88

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
MK
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Guys need help in choosing...

I am after a velocity blue colour. Since it is getting discontinued, I am looking for used ones. Luckily I found 2.

Vehicle 1 - Used VB Mustang GT Manual with recaro seats, black pack & magneride with 8k kms odo - Asking $81k. I never used magneride before. Rest of the options are not important to me

Vehicle 2 - Brand new VB Mustang GT Manual - Asking $72k

I request you guys to please help me chose....

Thanks in advance
Sponsored

BruceTheQuail

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Yeah except the seats could be a $4 - 5K thing, I'm looking at that now. Personally I'd pay the extra for the optioned up car. i had pretty much exactly the same choice as you, but the optioned up one was green and the other was orange. I took the orange one, which I love, but if I had my time over I would have taken the green one for the better seats etc.

That said the stock suspension is pretty good once you put on forged '20 rims, pretty much perfect for a sporty drive. A bit mushy on the 19's though.

OP
OP

krishv88

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
MK
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Where are you located? $9K spread is a lot of aftermarket suspension and seats...
Thats True @Hanavarian. My only thought is about the magneride option. Will I miss anything if I go with the non-magneride option

I live in Sydney BTW

OP
OP

krishv88

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
MK
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
T
Yeah except the seats could be a $4 - 5K thing, I'm looking at that now. Personally I'd pay the extra for the optioned up car. i had pretty much exactly the same choice as you, but the optioned up one was green and the other was orange. I took the orange one, which I love, but if I had my time over I would have taken the green one for the better seats etc.

That said the stock suspension is pretty good once you put on forged '20 rims, pretty much perfect for a sporty drive. A bit mushy on the 19's though.
Thanks @BruceTheQuail

OP
OP

krishv88

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
MK
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Depends how you're going to use it.

Seems the recaros are not comfortable at all. Standard seats are amazing. Can always swap seats for standard one though.

As a hobby track or autocross car get MR.

As a daily maybe Koni Active dampers....and comfortable tires.
Mine will be a weekend drive or for running occasional errands. Track day is almost non-exixtent for me. Does the magneride make a difference only on the tracks?

Honestly I prefer the factory seats over the recaro ones.

Sponsored

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
Thats True @Hanavarian. My only thought is about the magneride option. Will I miss anything if I go with the non-magneride option

I live in Sydney BTW
Magneride all the way, everyday. It gives you a tailored suspension for each drive mode that you select. Once you have it you would not likely go back. By the way are they both the same production year.

OP
OP

krishv88

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
MK
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Magneride all the way, everyday. It gives you a tailored suspension for each drive mode that you select. Once you have it you would not likely go back. By the way are they both the same production year.
Thanks @PKs

The used one is MY20 and the new one is MY21.5

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Magneride is certainly very desirable. However, you not tracking the car to benefit from the extra control at speed or needing the comfort mode for everyday driving.

As you also prefer the standard seats, I would be jumping on the new MY21.5 while it's still available and be the first owner. The money you save can go into a different set of wheels.

xSouthSyde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Magnetic GT
I wanted Magneride but there were only 3 cars in Australia with the specs I wanted when I was buying. I didn’t want to go backwards since my 15 VW Golf R had adaptive dampers, as do most euro performance cars.
I got lucky and got 1/3 available from interstate and don’t regret it for one bit.
When I have the baby in the car I keep it in normal. On a Sunday solo cruise, I put it in race to reduce body roll.
Drag mode, adjusts the suspension for optimal 1/4 mile runs.
I definitely recommend it, the only reason to mod a MR car IMO is just to get slightly lower springs to make the car look better.
As for the Recaro seats, they look sweet but if you are a bigger person like me (100kg) they weren’t that comfortable for me . If you are a light weight I’ve heard they are great.
I chose the standard seats , a bonus is that you get heated/cooled option not that I ever use it.
81K for a used Mustang seems very steep.
I got My20 new with Magneride, Black badges/Auto for $68 but I know the prices are stupid right now.

Last edited:

BruceTheQuail

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Yeah I dont want to flog a dead horse but for me (6 foot, 85kg and perpetually hungry at 83kg) the stock seats are too soft and not supportive enough. They are far softer than the seats in any of our Jags, and much less supportive. On a long drive I find them a bit tiresome, though they are fine around town. I probably should take a ride in the recaros before throwing money at a change.

but if you like the stock seats I'd buy the new car. The blacking out can be done in a flash with plastidip, and as I mentioned above the stock suspension is very nice with forged rims, actually with the strut brace I think the car handles very well considering how chubby it is.

Sponsored

POJ 1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt build no.301
Magnaride is essential, don’t go without it

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
From memory the Recaro and Magneride options don't amount to that $9000 difference let alone you must ask yourself why someone is selling their low mileage car. I have the Magneride and if I was ordering again I would also get the Recaros. If it was me I would change colour choice and get those factory options that cannot easily be retrofitted.

OP
OP

krishv88

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
MK
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
From memory the Recaro and Magneride options don't amount to that $9000 difference let alone you must ask yourself why someone is selling their low mileage car. I have the Magneride and if I was ordering again I would also get the Recaros. If it was me I would change colour choice and get those factory options that cannot easily be retrofitted.
That's a good point. The second choice is the twister orange which is again discontinued now. Does anyone know of a TO Mustang GT with magneride that's up for sale? I couldn't find one in carsales

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Recaro seats - $3000 MLP
Magneride - $2750 MLP

https://www.ford.com.au/build-and-p...&m=Mustang_Mustang_GT_Fastback_FAU&l=2000&u=P

Reactions: PKs

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
That's a good point. The second choice is the twister orange which is again discontinued now. Does anyone know of a TO Mustang GT with magneride that's up for sale? I couldn't find one in carsales
Yay, go the orange!
Sponsored