Changing valve body startegy in forscan

andrewtac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mark
Vehicle(s)
F250. 2020 GT 400A
I was unable to do this when selecting "Transmission Relacement" or Module Replacement, gave me a trid error; paid someone. Tried again today with a different trans, and used "Transmission Repairs with replacement main control/valve body" and it worked. Saved me $100, figured I'd put it here as there was nothing in the web that I could find.
Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
I was unable to do this when selecting "Transmission Relacement" or Module Replacement, gave me a trid error; paid someone. Tried again today with a different trans, and used "Transmission Repairs with replacement main control/valve body" and it worked. Saved me $100, figured I'd put it here as there was nothing in the web that I could find.
@andrewtac

Can you elaborate on the Forscan steps or provide screen images of how to do it? The only info we had to date was what was supplied here on Page 1, Post 1, Fact #3:
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...tions-to-harsh-or-no-shift-conditions.135463/

Any additional info you can provide with how you did it in Forscan would be great for future reference and I will link this thread to the main 10R80 Facts thread noted above.

OP
OP

andrewtac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mark
Vehicle(s)
F250. 2020 GT 400A
1) update to latest version of forscan, connect to the car
2) click on the configuration and programming button (the diamond below the wrench), select transmission characterization update, slect play at the bottom, click on OK, click OK again (update by solenoid strategy number should be highlighted), type in the new number (located on the drivers side of the trans, something like 2127292576721), select OK; if you haven't already downloaded the file it will ask to, then it will load the file.
3) select Transmission Repairs with replacement main control/valve body, then click OK; should be it.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
1) update to latest version of forscan, connect to the car
2) click on the configuration and programming button (the diamond below the wrench), select transmission characterization update, slect play at the bottom, click on OK, click OK again (update by solenoid strategy number should be highlighted), type in the new number (located on the drivers side of the trans, something like 2127292576721), select OK; if you haven't already downloaded the file it will ask to, then it will load the file.
3) select Transmission Repairs with replacement main control/valve body, then click OK; should be it.
Great info - thank you!

So one more question, do you know if by doing that via Forscan, that the version being downloaded is pulling the most recent trans software that would be the same done by dealer via IDS?

OP
OP

andrewtac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mark
Vehicle(s)
F250. 2020 GT 400A
Great info - thank you!

So one more question, do you know if by doing that via Forscan, that the version being downloaded is pulling the most recent trans software that would be the same done by dealer via IDS?
It is not the trans software per say but the valve body strategy for the valve body in the car. Supposedly they are all slightly different and this pulls the calibration file for the valve body.

Sponsored

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Looks like you need an extended license for this. Is that correct?

OP
OP

andrewtac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mark
Vehicle(s)
F250. 2020 GT 400A
I can't remember but I did get a license I thought at some point.

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Bought the 1 year extended license and got the strategy updated in the new valve body. Thanks Andrew!

24EB17AA-D6F0-4703-BAFD-ACEDB3CAE7BD.jpeg

overd0sed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
When I update my solenoid strategy number for 10r80 where would I find the newest strategy number? Does the 1 year extended license give new updates for the car? Thanks in advance!

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
When I update my solenoid strategy number for 10r80 where would I find the newest strategy number? Does the 1 year extended license give new updates for the car? Thanks in advance!
No need to update/program solenoid strategy unless swapping to a different valve body. The license just gives you access to coding/programming certain modules for personalization as well.

Sponsored

overd0sed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
If I change the solenoid strategy number to a different number than the original one will anything happen to the car?

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
If I change the solenoid strategy number to a different number than the original one will anything happen to the car?
It won't shift properly.

OP
OP

andrewtac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mark
Vehicle(s)
F250. 2020 GT 400A
Short answer is maybe

CORNYOTE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
The new strategy will come with the new valvebody. Typically it will be on a sticker that you will add to the side of the transmission.

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
No. It will just need a little extra driving time to adapt.
Sponsored