Sponsored

DO YOU RECOMMEND A RECARO SEAT FOR MUSTANG GT 2019?

Brianharold

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt 2021
Hello , I have a 2019 gt and was thinking of switching the seat to a recaro seat. What is your opinion on that and what is the approximate cost of a mustang. Thanks
Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Hello , I have a 2019 gt and was thinking of switching the seat to a recaro seat. What is your opinion on that and what is the approximate cost of a mustang. Thanks
Personally, I like the Recaro seats.
The approximate cost of a new Mustang can range from the high twenties to over 100k.

Firsttexan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT500 '19 GT PP1 '13 GT500, 98 GT, 92 LX 5.0
Vehicle Showcase
Welcome to the Forum Brian,

I love them, had them in my 2013 GT500 (was about to store them for stock seats, but I sold it). Had them in my 79 Turbo Porsche I was 24 and a 30 inch waist. LOL

That being said, my Recaro days are over. I am no longer 195 lbs.
I am 6'2 250. 38 waist and a 48 long. Even if I lost 40 lbs my shoulders are too wide for the seat.

But they are gorgeous and I wish I could stand them. Or my GT would have them.

Now I cruise in my A/C-heated, electric leather seats.:yawn: Not real good for a track day though.:fistbump:

You will pay about $3-$4k whether you buy take off, or Ford Performance. Very similar seat but the Ford Perf has the FORD PERFORMANCE EMBROIDERED on the head rest with a Ford logo. $4200

https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-63660005-MF

I wish they would make a Recaro for big guys.

Last edited:

rothrj91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Lime PP1 GT

Sponsored

Firsttexan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

Firsttexan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, if you buy directly through Ford Performance they are $4200. CJ Pony has them for $3095.
big ol difference. I just figured the price went up.

I wish they would knock 25% off some of their other stuff.

rothrj91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Lime PP1 GT
big ol difference. I just figured the price went up.

I wish they would knock 25% off some of their other stuff.
Haha I agree. I'm surprised they have them that much cheaper than Ford Performance direct. $3095 is a good deal for them brand new. Not sure you'll find a better price unless you buy take-offs/used like you said.

Sponsored

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
First off, all Recaros are NOT the same:) The GT350 Recaros for instance have a much more aggressive bolstering at the legs. They're great for track purposes and keeping you planted, but they're a bit exhausting on long trips. You'll definitely end up with trucker nuts after a 5 hour drive. You can kinda hang your leg over when you're on a cruise, but for short trips, they're comfortable.

The regular recaros are a little more forgiving. I ditched my alcantara GT350 recaros for the regular and they're slightly more forgiving which makes a huge difference.

As far as cost goes, you can order a new set for like $3300+ (freight shipping is murderous, like $185 per seat).

If you're frugal, you can purchase new factory leather to reupholster them and just buy used cloth recaros (that's what I did). Seats cost me about $1200. Factory leather cost me $500 and upholstery shop to install the leather was $400. Had to buy a seat belt for one of them which was another $65. So I'm in it for $2165.

You have to keep a lookout for the piece together approach. You could wait until someone sells a used set, but they're always halfway across the country and it's hit or miss whether they ask for like $2000 or $5000.

So to summarize, Recaros are very comfortable, for short(er) durations, but you sacrifice long trip comfort. The non-recaros are more comfortable in all conditions, but you won't get the feel and security for spirited driving. And you won't get any fanciful features with recaros like power, memory, heated/cooled, etc.

A last option is that you could ditch the airbags and just go with non-airbag recaros, which is MUCH cheaper.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
As far as cost goes, you can order a new set for like $3300+ (freight shipping is murderous, like $185 per seat).
To be clear, you can piece together a seat from the Ford Parts bin via a dealer and it will be stupid expensive. They haven't sold complete Recaro seats and I don't believe that has changed. Ford Performance has offered their version and that can be purchased as a complete seat.

Calif-GT500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Twister Orange (1 of 480)
Vehicle Showcase
I had Recaro Seats in my 2013 Boss 302 which were OK for short drives. What I hated the most was I would have to manual put the seat all the back to enter and exit without putting additional wear on the side bolster. Then trying to find my sweet spot to push the seat forward was trial and error.

I have the Electric Sport Seats in my GT500 and they are fantastic. Enough bolster for spirited driving and can be adjusted for each person AND memory.

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
To be clear, you can piece together a seat from the Ford Parts bin via a dealer and it will be stupid expensive. They haven't sold complete Recaro seats and I don't believe that has changed. Ford Performance has offered their version and that can be purchased as a complete seat.
That's what I was referring to, the FRPP seats. Which they only sell for 18+ anymore.

OP
OP
Brianharold

Brianharold

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt 2021
Welcome to the Forum Brian,

I love them, had them in my 2013 GT500 (was about to store them for stock seats, but I sold it). Had them in my 79 Turbo Porsche I was 24 and a 30 inch waist. LOL

That being said, my Recaro days are over. I am no longer 195 lbs.
I am 6'2 250. 38 waist and a 48 long. Even if I lost 40 lbs my shoulders are too wide for the seat.

But they are gorgeous and I wish I could stand them. Or my GT would have them.

Now I cruise in my A/C-heated, electric leather seats.:yawn: Not real good for a track day though.:fistbump:

You will pay about $3-$4k whether you buy take off, or Ford Performance. Very similar seat but the Ford Perf has the FORD PERFORMANCE EMBROIDERED on the head rest with a Ford logo. $4200

https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-63660005-MF

I wish they would make a Recaro for big guys.
Ohh that’s great. This is encouraging I will try them. Thanks for the feedback
Sponsored