Sponsored

S550 styles I have not seen on the road...

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium Coupe, 2020 GT350 Heritage
So on the lighter side of things, I realized there are a bunch of S550 styles that I still have not seen driving in the wild. In fairness, I haven't attended any car shows, haven't attended any cars & coffee events, and haven't been to the track/drag strip in years. However, I am on the road daily in northern NJ, NYC area, and taken lots of road trips to FL and midwest. And to this day I still haven't seen a:

GT500 driving down the road (once saw one parked outside a restaurant)

GT350R EVER anywhere other than on a showroom floor

A Mach 1 (again only showroom)

A Bullitt (dealership lot, test drove one)

PP2 (owned 1 for over a year, and only saw 1 other briefly after mine was sold)

Is anyone else void of these car sightings in their daily life? I don't live under a rock. Is the NJ/NYC area just not the place for the specialty, daily driven top end Mustangs? I'm feeling cheated. Glad there's M6G and YouTube so I can voyeur vicariously.

p.s. I've fortunately seen about a half dozen or more GT350s and it's always exciting to see and HEAR that awesome car.
Sponsored

Strokercrate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT 400a Black Accent.
GT350R once in person. Rich man collects cars about 15min from me and he put one of those in his massive display garage. Seen it out once.

Mach 1 Three times but same car its a sweet looking black one in the locality.

No bullit albeit i would have loved to have one.

dafuture

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
I saw a Mach 1 on the street over the summer. I've definitely seen GT350s/Rs by my parents place in Nassau County. They're out there, but I suspect a lot may end up as garage queens.

frank_white

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Convertible, Velocity Blue
Central NJ and there's a Mach 1 that shares my commute that I see occasionally

OP
OP
TonyNJ

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium Coupe, 2020 GT350 Heritage

Sponsored

frank_white

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Convertible, Velocity Blue
Does it look good on the road? FJG?
Tbh it's been a couple months since I've seen it and it's always just me passing by. It's definitely a lighter color, could be FJG. But if I didn't read the back emblem I probably wouldn't have even noticed

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
Wrong time of year for this question , somewhat.
I don't see many at all, day to day, from way to work to way home from work.
I do see a ton of them After 7pm m-s, and anytime on a Sunday weather dependent .
One must remember in the daily grinder people drive like bozo the clown and don't care about others property, So owners of the higher cost, harder to replace trims tend to not play on that field, they wait till after work rush hour is done. Less traffic, less morons that only goal is to get home ASAP and drive like dopes while reading their phone, to figure out what they might do later.
The down side of say'n hell no to facebook, is most car groups, clubs,events are posted in that evil media, So I miss most of the cruises/meets/events that were not placed before the start of the fair weather season, that the supporting club/group had posted an event Calendar of.
A bunch sprin up with just a post, in a f/b group " a few of us are meeting up here tonight" or a" few of us are meeting up at x coffee shop sat morning come join us"
I miss most of these as I don't use and won't use f/b.
So unless a friend text me about it, I most times never know about them till after the fact.

Bear376

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 EB, 2013 Mustang, 2017 F150SC, 2019 Flex
Vehicle Showcase
Join a MCA club or visit the local track. In my MCA club, there are several GT350s, a couple GT350Rs, Bullitts, and GT500s. I have rode in most of them, and sat in a Ford GT. I had a chance to take a track ride in a GT40, but it overheated when the driver forgot to turn the fans on, and did not cool down in time. I rode in a GT500 instead. I have seen several Mach 1s around, but not been in one.

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I didn't seen only GT350R and PP2 all others ether have seen on know owner and I thought Mustang's were not huge in my small European country. We evan have CFTP GT500 in our Mustang Club. But I missed the meetup when it was there so pissed. But yeah overall only missing is 350R and PP2. Test drove a Mach 1 as well.

Interceptor

Daily Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 California Special A10
Go to any resort town. I've seen it all in the Grand Strand area of South Carolina.

I was surprised how many over 100 k cars I was in traffic with on the weekends, going through tolls in an out of the Lincoln tunnels.

Sponsored

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
I usually only drive a few days a week, but I've seen 6 '20+ GT500s in the wild since the beginning of '21, and two more at car meets; but it's been months since I've seen one in the wild (probably since it's winter here now). That doesn't count the dozen or so I saw at the International Mustang Meet in September here in Boise.

Too bad I haven't come up on any of the GT500s while in my ZL1. They're typically driving the opposite direction or turning off ahead of me. Seems to be the same case when I see other sports cars like 911 Turbos, GT-Rs, etc. I've seen a couple of late model McLarens in the last year or so, but both times I was in my wife's Volvo.

I've seen a few '21 Mach 1s but only at meet ups, not out in the wild. I've also seen a couple of GT350Rs at car meets or car meet drives, I don't think I've seen one in the wild but can't remember for sure (i.e., not associated with a car meet up or car meet drive) - the ones I see are typically GT350.

I've seen a few Bullitts in the wild, and one PP2.

PoCoBob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium, 2016 Edge Sport
I wouldn't know how to tell a GT350 from an R, other than if it's noted on the fender. But we have a surprising number of GT350's near me. I've never seen a GT500 anywhere and only seen a Mach 1 at the dealer. We have both green and black Bullitt's around town. I don't recall seeing a HiPo 2.3 ecoboost either.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
I see GT350's occasionally. I've seen one other M1. The chances of seeing the Bullitt or GT350 is more likely since there are many more made of those.

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
71 mach 1, 82 Bronco, 86 Bronco (dd),
live in a semi rural area and have seen all, and see all except the M1 and PP2 regularly, and those I see on occasion.

as an aside, on the first PP2 I saw in person, was about 2 years ago, I was thinking baout buying one, there was one parked outside a McDs I stopped at for lunch one day, decided to wait for the owner and ask some questions. guy comes out, I raise my voice to get his attention, turns around, old college buddy, hadn't seen in over 10 years, he was passing through, he was working/living up north. Goof, you around?
Sponsored