Sponsored

"You scratched his wheels bro." - Ford service dash cam

2016S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shopping
They use the most experienced tech’s for the oil changes right? 😞 Find a good independent shop that values its reputation unless you need warranty work.
Sponsored

Redeemer

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium PP Deep Impact Blue
Find a good local shop. And by local I mean even if it is an hour away. Mechanics in general are notorious for shady practices so it takes some time and effort to find, and befriend a good one but never, NEVER EVER EVER get work done at a stealership. It is just an extension of the sales process. Service writers are bonused based on how much un-necessary work they can perform improperly and then charge you even more to fix. In some cases I wouls say they are even worse than the sales guys because at least there is honesty in sales; they have to make money and will do whatever it takes to get you the highest price possible while pressuring you to finance through Ford (same applies to all manufacturers) but you at least know that walking in. There is a special place in hell reserved for service writers though, much like politicians. And the big dealers have millions of dollars behind them to both give you a feel good feeling about "certified" techs working on your car as well as put the fear of God into you about using a smaller local mechanic.

No and no. Find someone you can trust. Read reviews and talk to people. A good mechanic will give you about 50% price reduction, faster turn around times, and most will stand by their work. You can't get that from a dealer.

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium Coupe, 2020 GT350 Heritage
Of course he's vaping blowing big hits in the air instead of preventing incidents. Every employee I've ever had who vapes on the job is known to be kind of....well....not so attentive. I'm not saying everyone who vapes is an idiot. You just gotta watch the ones who make it a priority while working (kind of working).

wadewolf76

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Damon
Vehicle(s)
67 Mustang coupe, 21 Twister Orange GT premium
Good lord, what a bunch of chuckleheads.

Sponsored

Ock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium and a 1966 c10
lol since my cars been at dealer since sept... i wonder how many dents/scratches/dings etc are on it...

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium Coupe, 2020 GT350 Heritage
In all fairness to dealerships... I once dropped off an F350 work truck off for scheduled maintenance service. It had a badly cracked sideview mirror housing. I didn't mention it because mirror part was ok. It came back replaced with no charge and no mention of it. I guess they figured one of these classic underachiever types like in the video did it and they just handled it. So there's that.

pt's21

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
21 Mustang GT PP MT, Wife's 20 Mustang GT A10
They owe you a wheel, an alignment, and possibly a tire (pair of tires if 75% or less tread). Show your "trusted" dealer your cam footage, then ask them do the work and charge it to the idiots that made the work necessary.

Also, ask them to inspect the undercarriage for additional damage.

Firsttexan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT500 '19 GT PP1 '13 GT500, 98 GT, 92 LX 5.0
Vehicle Showcase
They owe you a wheel, an alignment, and possibly a tire (pair of tires if 75% or less tread). Show your "trusted" dealer your cam footage, then ask them do the work and charge it to the idiots that made the work necessary.

Also, ask them to inspect the undercarriage for additional damage.
I do a close up walk around video when dropping it at the dealership. Documentation.

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
I'd get it up on an other lift and look at the floor from the cowl on back. It not lifting the back, then it not moving in r, bet the lift arms were under the car, hitting something so it would not move.

Sponsored

BLUE DEVIL

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Prem - Perf Pack
Had my car in for service, was picking it up. Watched the porter, who couldn't drive manual, grab the A pillar trim and upper door jam. Then pull himself up onto the lower door jamb to look for the porter who could drive manual. He slipped off the jamb, scratching it, pulling the headliner out from the upper weatherstripping, and dis lodging the A pillar trim. I yelled at him and went to view the damage. He says, I didn't do, I never stood up on the car. When I told him I saw him hthe skinny little bitch says, you got video? I was about to knock him the F-out, then maturity grabbed hold, I looked around the lot and said no but I know your boss does cause there's the lot camera! Turns out I knew and went to high school with the GM. Fired the porter on the spot and told him his last 2 week of paycheck would be held to pay for the repairs and to pay for my loaner, the GM's co. Roush Raptor, until repairs were done to my approval. Took em' a couple days and then I couldn't get in right away to pick it up.....🤣🤣

Last edited:

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
If you're thinking they lifted the front of the car first ---- the first thing i would be looking at now is any damages to the underside of your rockers (pinch welds or other), frame rails, and floor pans.

If those idiots placed the lift arms in the wrong locations and attempted a lift, there is a chance there could be damage under the car.

They don't even look like Ford Techs, is that Dealership pulling people off the street to fill in for absentee Ford Techs? Geez....

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Now I'm pissed, and it's not even my car....

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
And you wonder why everyone always says change your own oil. I watched the guy who picked up my 17 GT for Vroom scratch the hell out of my front right wheel. I'm sure they probably fixed it but had that still have been my car I'd have been really mad. Thankfully it was not my problem.
Sponsored