2021 Official Mach 1 Order Tracking Thread

jed_65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
1965 Mustang Coupe
I tried PALS and all it says is: origin Kansas City, destination null, freight bill# and vin. Not sure what that tells me lol.
That’s about all you will see until the vehicle is delivered to KC by rail. Once there, it goes pretty quickly by truck to Granger…

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
Just a note about when you own your car: It is when you sign the sales contract, not when car arrives at your destination. I encourage anyone to alert your insurance carrier at that moment (after you sign the sales contract). As I stated earlier, I am letting Passport have the business even if it means waiting a bit longer. Just for the peace of mind of having a established carrier transporting it
You may wait, but Passport is excellent and you won't be sorry.

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2016 Cayman GT4
If you don't mind me asking what is the shipper charging you for insurance? When it comes time to ship my M1 I assume I will have my insurance carrier on board just in case. I have no idea how good the insurance carried by the shippers is.....
Yeah I was kind of wondering if my regular auto insurance would cover the car during shipment. I would think it would... But if I pay for coverage of the full value of the Mach 1, it's nearly $400.

OutWest

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Old Person Special Mach 1
Yeah I was kind of wondering if my regular auto insurance would cover the car during shipment. I would think it would... But if I pay for coverage of the full value of the Mach 1, it's nearly $400.
This link should answer your queries https://www.progressive.com/answers/insurance-to-ship-a-car/

Remember you own the car once you signed the documents and paid for it. Treat as if you bought it from your local dealer. Don’t you tell your insurance company right away?

Sponsored

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This link should answer your queries https://www.progressive.com/answers/insurance-to-ship-a-car/

Remember you own the car once you signed the documents and paid for it. Treat as if you bought it from your local dealer. Don’t you tell your insurance company right away?
Thanks, yeah, I figured I would need to insure it once the dealer had the money and all the proper documents were assigned... my question was just whether my regular insurance would cover the transit to me. I'll take a look at that link for an answer.

cheeser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1, 4Runners and RAV4's
You may wait, but Passport is excellent and you won't be sorry.
I was going to try Passport, but they indicated a delay until February....that's a long time for my car to site at Grangers.

I'm currently working in renting an F-250 from Enterprise Trucks and borrowing an enclosed trailer from a friend and hauling it home myself...about 650 miles each way.

OutWest

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Old Person Special Mach 1
I was going to try Passport, but they indicated a delay until February....that's a long time for my car to site at Grangers.

I'm currently working in renting an F-250 from Enterprise Trucks and borrowing an enclosed trailer from a friend and hauling it home myself...about 650 miles each way.
Best of luck. Just got a call from Passport and they have a transporter nearby. So, looks like this week for pickup. Cross my fingers. Knock on wood.

Here are some companies during my research on this site and other sites that I found may be trusthworthy:

Federal Auto Shipping, Intercity Lines, Reliable carriers, Passport, Fountain Transport, Nationwide auto transport, Horseless carriage, shawautocarriers.com, Shaughnessy Overland Express (Lake Prousalis 239-777-3498) There is only one broker that got in my list - Liz of Bears Transport (847-810-7641), located in Illinois. Both Lake Prousaliis and Liz of Bears transport are from my research at the Rennlist (Porsche) site.

Hope this post helps For potential owners doing transportation research

Last edited:

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

I'm a little behind here, but what is Passport? Is this one of the shippers on uShip? Or an alternative to uShip entirely? Seems like several of you are suggesting it's the way to go.

cheeser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1, 4Runners and RAV4's
I'm a little behind here, but what is Passport? Is this one of the shippers on uShip? Or an alternative to uShip entirely? Seems like several of you are suggesting it's the way to go.

Just another shipping company.... Passport Transport | World-class Enclosed Auto Transport

I have only gone directly to a shipping company vs a broker....have used Intercity a few years ago without problem.

My problem has been simply lining up a company in coordination for when I travel for work.

Sponsored

KBR Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 on order, 2011 Mustang GT
Going crazy now looking for shipping. Thought I was going to use Montway but I hear more and more I don't like. Just got off the phone with A1 and they seem a bit iffy. Passport is a bit pricy but everyone seems to say they are good, problem with them is it could be weeks before they pick up and deliver.

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Going crazy now looking for shipping. Thought I was going to use Montway but I hear more and more I don't like. Just got off the phone with A1 and they seem a bit iffy. Passport is a bit pricy but everyone seems to say they are good, problem with them is it could be weeks before they pick up and deliver.
I was leaning towards Montway myself. What did you hear that you don't like? They seem to be one of the most used and positively reviewed transporters from what I can tell online.

AUsomTiger

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach1
I picked up my Mustang but will have to ship my Maverick which is due in this week. Let me know who you end up going with. I think I will definitely pay extra for enclosed given the snow and slush all over the country right now.

KBR Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 on order, 2011 Mustang GT
I was leaning towards Montway myself. What did you hear that you don't like? They seem to be one of the most used and positively reviewed transporters from what I can tell online.
Well when I sold my car to Vroom they used Montway. The guy that came to pick it up was questionable and I could barely understand him. He tried telling me there was some scratches on my car that werent even there. So fast forward to now and shipping a car I called them and spoke to two different people. They must not have US based customer service as it was hard to understand either of them again. Also, the price from what they quoted me last week went up $200 in a week. Plus I did some research online and if you dig some of the reviews arent as good as they seem. I'm not saying there is anything wrong with them, there is a chance I still use them but I'm just not sure. I'm waiting for a few more quotes to come back to me first.

cerbomark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach1 700, 6 Spd.#5558
Well when I sold my car to Vroom they used Montway. The guy that came to pick it up was questionable and I could barely understand him. He tried telling me there was some scratches on my car that werent even there. So fast forward to now and shipping a car I called them and spoke to two different people. They must not have US based customer service as it was hard to understand either of them again. Also, the price from what they quoted me last week went up $200 in a week. Plus I did some research online and if you dig some of the reviews arent as good as they seem. I'm not saying there is anything wrong with them, there is a chance I still use them but I'm just not sure. I'm waiting for a few more quotes to come back to me first.
wait for two clear weather days and drive it home. LOL.
Sponsored