FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I would not encourage you to speed, just point out you are a hazzard and I would strongly encourage you to get off the freeway and find a more suitable route.
thats unreasonable request as I pay the taxes and im following the posted guidelines, if theres any danger its the others speeding, which means they need to crack down on enforcement to max a statement and make people worry about getting tickets again. this is the issue! traffic is getting faster and faster with zero worries about getting ticketed. we should not reward the bad bevhaior, and if you ticket a ton, can generate some additional revenue, win win
Sponsored

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I wish these would be enforced more often.

If you honestly think having hundreds of cars whiz by you going 40 Mph faster is safer, all I can do is shake my head.

Cant sway me, im the one in the right, and I wholeheartedly feel everyone else should be punished, and by this, I will not give in and speed. my integrity is worth more than that. if they wreck, its their fault. I wont be cited, and guess they shouldn't of been speeding. lol thats ultimately what it comes down too. its peaceful though, never having to pass people, they do all the passing for you. I never have to even hit my brakes because, traffic leaves me. double win

ive been a first responder to dozen accidents, and it wasn't ever caused by me, it was always people speeding around or with other speeders. just food for thought. also the accidents I have been in, ive never been at fault as well. always been the other party speeding or negligent.

thevye always taken the fault for their actions, as they should be.

MD18EcoStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Ecoboost
Increasing the limit is not the universal answer. Not on roads near me. Every day, the highways start out less crowded and people drive as fast as they want, and I'll even say that it's relatively safe, especially when faster traffic stays left and slower stays right. The problem always occurs as more and more vehicles enter the roads. Eventually, the increased congestion leads to accidents, as some people refuse to slow down. It's every single day...

The problem here is, we're all comparing our different perspectives and experiences. I once had the occasion to drive a few hours through Texas on 80 mph roads. There was far less traffic, and virtually no one significantly exceeded the limit. As a matter of fact, may people only did 65-70 mph. Overall, it seemed pretty safe. Unfortunately, that's very different from the roads on my daily commute.

Sponsored

MD18EcoStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Ecoboost
If you honestly think having hundreds of cars whiz by you going 40 Mph faster is safer, all I can do is shake my head.
Hahaha! I never, ever said that. I've never observed anything at that scale.

MIDLYFE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible
The most dangerous drivers are the idiots doing 60 in the left lane in a 65. This creates a dangerous situation where aggressive drivers are passing on the right. I have no problem with people going the speed limit but they should always be doing it in the right lane.

MD18EcoStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Ecoboost
You’re betting other peoples lives on it too.
You know not of what you speak. I'm not endangering anyone. Period. Read what I've said. I endeavor to stay right. Very, very rarely does anyone follow me too close (and when they do, they're not speeding!), and I've never caused anyone to crash. I'm not a rolling obstruction. I just do my best to stay safe. Have I ever accelerated beyond the speed limit? Of course I have. Sometimes even I encounter slower traffic, and my usual response is to pass safely. I have a lot of safe miles under my belt, and I plan to keep it that way.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
My Nova has 4.56 gears and no overdrive. Fastest I feel safe cruising is 55-60. The very few times I get on the freeway with it I stick to the right lane and if heavy traffic blowing past me I turn on the hazard lights.

MD18EcoStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Ecoboost
I've stated my position, which isn't going to change. I've spent enough time responding today... Y'all stay safe at whatever speed you choose to drive! 🤷‍♂️😀

Sponsored

theruleslawyer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
MB C350
Increasing the limit is not the universal answer. Not on roads near me. Every day, the highways start out less crowded and people drive as fast as they want, and I'll even say that it's relatively safe, especially when faster traffic stays left and slower stays right. The problem always occurs as more and more vehicles enter the roads. Eventually, the increased congestion leads to accidents, as some people refuse to slow down. It's every single day...
And that one guy who is weaving in and out of traffic is a danger. Limits are supposed to be set by free flowing speed. Guidelines are within 5mph of the 85th% speed. I don’t think anyone is supporting being ‘that guy’

MIDLYFE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible
Sammy Hagar the great car enthusiast said it best:
I CAN'T DRIVE.....55!!!

food_fanaticz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Velocity Blue GT Premium
Americans are definitely addicted to speeding. This saves people what, a few minutes at most. IMO, not worth a life. I like to drive the speed limit or at most 5 above, keeping plenty of room between me and the car in front of me. The highway is so dangerous because of everyone speeding, speed limit is 70 and almost everyone is going 90 and 100. I drove it maybe two times before I couldn't take it anymore, people are crazier on the roads now.

I just keep to the secondary roads and avoid highways now.

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
In my area, if the speed limit is 30, most will go 45-60. 55-60 limit means they average 75-80. If you only drive the speed limit, you are likely to be hit. And they probably won't stop afterwards. I usually flow with traffic.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Correct answer is heavy enforcement. 100% ticket everyone all day. Within half a year people will not speed as much
Sponsored