Sponsored

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Remember, when shipped from factory, they have those blocks in the springs to help keep the car's height raised. Also the front spoilers are not put on until after they arrive at dealer.
Yeah someone else reminded me of that. How easy we forget :)

br_an

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bran
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2020 Ford F150
The car is going back to Vroom. Will update later. Don't want to put too much out there in case a lawsuit unfolds. Car also has the wrong size tire on the front, missing hardware in the trunk, and issues with the passenger rear suspension. They don't want to fix the issues that weren't disclosed. Thanks for all the support and suggestions.
Oh that's a huge bummer! but sounds like sending it back is a good move considering everything. Hopefully you don't have to go through a long, expensive lawsuit. Good luck with getting things settled with Vroom!

Airport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I agree with the post about buying from an actual Ford dealer and not a national online retailer. The only way I would purchase a car online is if it was brand new, zero miles, and the dealer could deliver it free of charge. There are a few reputable Ford dealers out there. In fact, within 100 miles of my home I know of three such dealers. I've purchased Ford cars from all three and they were all great. The OP is fortunate that he can return the car. I'm not sure how his trade will be handled. Seems like somebody is going to lose on this deal and I bet it's not Vroom.

Qwunk1270

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trevor
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt, 2019 honda crv, 2005 gmc 2500
Why would you buy a car without PPI or seeing it?
I've bought two cars from carvana now and have had amazing luck with them. I bought my 17 gt two years ago now from them and the only issue I had during the warranty period was the ac compressor rook a dump. These places try to be very convenient, by letting you do things on your own terms as far as buying the car while only having to talk to one person over the phone for 10 minutes and no bullish sales people. You get a full week to "test drive" and return if you are unhappy with it plus a 15 min delivery inspection. In my case absolutely hating dealerships due to unresolved anger issues These companies are a boon to me and people like me. But it is a risk if you know nothing about cars or what to look for.

Sponsored

johnny1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Had new a 16 GT350 and 17 GT350
Agree dealerships are a real hassle you have to do your homework before you go look at new vehicles. But there's no way I'm gonna buy a vehicle without actually seeing it in person and thoroughly inspecting it inside and out. Even when I've ordered brand new ones at dealerships I completely go over it inside and out before I will sign papers and if I find anything wrong it has to be fixed to my satisfaction before I sign papers.

Stang 19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Ford Performance Blue
So I ordered a GT350 from Vroom and sold them my truck. It has been a long and difficult process due to lack of communication on their part. I got a call from the local delivery manager telling me my car arrived and if I wanted I could drive over in my trade and take delivery of my car. I have been searching for months to find a single owner low mileage in Avalanche Grey with a clean carfax report. This car is a 2017 with 3,600 miles on it. When I show up I immediately notice the front bumper is in bad shape (scraped and cracked in several spots). Apparently the transport company damaged it. It is going to have to be replaced. The Vroom representative took a bunch of photos and started an incident for me. I then drove the car to a Ford dealership to get an estimate so I could provide that to Vroom. While there I had them run an Oasis report for me. The report shows the engine was replaced in June 2019 (close to $30K). I am guessing it was an oil consumption issue. I am happy that it has the Gen 2 motor in it but I am also wondering what else could be wrong. The "See Manual" yellow wrench warning is also coming on so I am going to have to get the Ford dealership to run a diagnostic test to see what that is all about. Am I crazy for keeping this car? Any suggestions?
Repeat after me : I shall never cheat on my spouse , I will earn an honest days pay for an honest days work and I shall never ever buy a used car, sight unseen .
If still able, return the car and keep looking and only purchase one that youā€™ve actually gotten to drive and verify the history of . My 2 cents

Bruce 8858

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 #3009
The engine swap is somewhat common in these cars manufactured from 2015 to 2017. There were oil consumption issues with the Gen I Voodoo motor that was corrected with the Gen II motor. I'm actually ok with the motor swap but the check manual light is a wildcard. A buddy is going to bring a scan tool over tomorrow to see what it is.
I would have the Ford dealer run the diagnostics on the check engine light. That way you would have an estimate on the repairs and would have a report from the dealer to show Vroom.

Baugustine

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350; 2018 Acura TLX; 1970 Boss 302
@jseeutat Sorry for the headache. Thereā€™s a lot of noise in this thread from well-intentioned people that are shooting from the hip. I ordered a 2018 Chevy Volt for my daughter earlier this year from Carvana, been nothing but pleased. I bought a 2013 Boss 302 Laguna Seca from them in October, which I did not take delivery on (transmission lost 4th gear when they went to deliver). I ended up buying a 2017 GT350 from VROOM. By and large, they are awful, but the car is pretty much as advertised. Their communication is pathetic compared to Carvana, and I told them as much. My car took weeks to get delivered as they put the transport on an open bid. No driver that showed up wanted to load it because of the low splitter. The guy that actually delivered the car, who was awesome, was nice enough to tell me the truth about why and how. We had to make some special ramps to get it off.
CD12B520-97A5-4BD6-ADF7-979CAE083A78.jpeg

Donā€™t trust any CARFAX report. They only report maintenance work. You have to get a warranty report from Ford, which is difficult, if you want to know real history. The Boss 302 already had two transmissions in it (not disclosed) and my Shelby had a motor installed in January. Contrary to some, the newer Gen2 is good for resale value, as its less likely to have problems going forward.

Sponsored

Hamsterball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 2018 F250
I've put 3 on hold, each at different times. One with Shift, one with Carvana and one with Vroom. One with shift had 20K on it but had a >10K of no service reports. Released my hold. The one with Carvana had <20K but new engine. The dash pics had the oil temp at normal but the oil pressure was way low. Released that hold. Vroom had a 2016 AG with 14K. Purchased that one, PPI'd the next day and came out with clean bill of health. Service records were impeccable and I'm very happy I got it. You have to just keep looking and rolling the dice but do you due diligence. Once you put one on hold dig up as much as you can.
Goodluck

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
@jseeutat Sorry for the headache. Thereā€™s a lot of noise in this thread from well-intentioned people that are shooting from the hip. I ordered a 2018 Chevy Volt for my daughter earlier this year from Carvana, been nothing but pleased. I bought a 2013 Boss 302 Laguna Seca from them in October, which I did not take delivery on (transmission lost 4th gear when they went to deliver). I ended up buying a 2017 GT350 from VROOM. By and large, they are awful, but the car is pretty much as advertised. Their communication is pathetic compared to Carvana, and I told them as much. My car took weeks to get delivered as they put the transport on an open bid. No driver that showed up wanted to load it because of the low splitter. The guy that actually delivered the car, who was awesome, was nice enough to tell me the truth about why and how. We had to make some special ramps to get it off.
CD12B520-97A5-4BD6-ADF7-979CAE083A78.jpeg

Donā€™t trust any CARFAX report. They only report maintenance work. You have to get a warranty report from Ford, which is difficult, if you want to know real history. The Boss 302 already had two transmissions in it (not disclosed) and my Shelby had a motor installed in January. Contrary to some, the newer Gen2 is good for resale value, as its less likely to have problems going forward.
4th gear gave out at delivery? right. Perfect example as to why these services are high risk for performance car enthusiasts. You can surmise that 4th gear was a problem already and they should have caught it...makes you wonder what else isn't checked if they don't even know that all the gears work correctly.

Baugustine

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350; 2018 Acura TLX; 1970 Boss 302
4th gear gave out at delivery? right. Perfect example as to why these services are high risk for performance car enthusiasts. You can surmise that 4th gear was a problem already and they should have caught it...makes you wonder what else isn't checked if they don't even know that all the gears work correctly.
Iā€™m sure it was bad before delivery. They donā€˜t really test drive cars when they buy them and post them. They were willing to have Ford fix it again, I passed because that 6 Spd is a POS, and they all fail eventually. Just like the Gen1 Voodoo has oil consumption and motor issues. Almost every YT video these days on 16-18 GT350s discusses getting Ford to put in a new Gen2 motor under warranty. As long as the buyer is aware, he/she can manage accordingly.

I think its important we not lump sellers and cars in the same bucket. The OP had legitimate concerns, which appear to be related to the shipper, not the seller. Just trying to be fair and objective, as not every online retailer is a dud and not every vehicle is problem-free.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 M5247
So I ordered a GT350 from Vroom and sold them my truck. It has been a long and difficult process due to lack of communication on their part. I got a call from the local delivery manager telling me my car arrived and if I wanted I could drive over in my trade and take delivery of my car. I have been searching for months to find a single owner low mileage in Avalanche Grey with a clean carfax report. This car is a 2017 with 3,600 miles on it. When I show up I immediately notice the front bumper is in bad shape (scraped and cracked in several spots). Apparently the transport company damaged it. It is going to have to be replaced. The Vroom representative took a bunch of photos and started an incident for me. I then drove the car to a Ford dealership to get an estimate so I could provide that to Vroom. While there I had them run an Oasis report for me. The report shows the engine was replaced in June 2019 (close to $30K). I am guessing it was an oil consumption issue. I am happy that it has the Gen 2 motor in it but I am also wondering what else could be wrong. The "See Manual" yellow wrench warning is also coming on so I am going to have to get the Ford dealership to run a diagnostic test to see what that is all about. Am I crazy for keeping this car? Any suggestions?
It apparently has been abused, RUN

OH3Cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Cobra Convertible
PUNT! Find a good loved one. pay a little more and have piece of mind.
Sponsored