Sponsored

I was gonna mod the new car, but changed my mind.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Johnny
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Definitely staying stock. I was contemplating lowering springs, but after some basic research, there was a lot more, ahem, down side than upside. I have a 2020 base with a black accent pack, which means I have the 19" wheels with AS tires. I'm in Cali, so about the only thing I think I need is summer tires. Thinking Conti Extreme Contacts.

FruityJudy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Definitely staying stock. I was contemplating lowering springs, but after some basic research, there was a lot more, ahem, down side than upside. I have a 2020 base with a black accent pack, which means I have the 19" wheels with AS tires. I'm in Cali, so about the only thing I think I need is summer tires. Thinking Conti Extreme Contacts.
Downside to lowering?

abmobil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DD 13 Nissan Titan Wknd ride 17 Mustang GT
So after I ordered the car in July, I was planning on mod list. Roush blower, wheels, exhaust, etc. I get the car and start driving it and all that goes out the window. The active exhaust sounds way better in the car than I anticipated. Since I’m not doing a blower, wheels and tires aren’t a necessity anymore. Probably just gonna do tint for now. It’s weird, never owned a stock car or a car with a warranty and figured maybe I should see what that is like. Lol
I’ll do wheels at some point, wear the stock tires down first.
anybody else decide to keep theirs stock?

If you change your mind about a supercharger go Whipple or VMP. Far better choices than the Roush for the Gen3 coyote

Sponsored

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
I'm interested in knowing also. My only downside so far has been the need to go slower over speed bumps, watch out for parking blocks in the front, and not being able to tackle steep driveways, which I couldn't before it was lowered.

Downside to lowering?

Gnatsum21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Former: GT 21 Roush Twister Orange RIP | ECO 2016
If I go back to the dealer my sales manager will be like "is that the car I sold you?" :blush:

OP
OP
Milktasd

Milktasd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 cobra, 2000 Sonoma LSx, 2021 velocity blue gt
If you change your mind about a supercharger go Whipple or VMP. Far better choices than the Roush for the Gen3 coyote
The main reason for the roush was for the warranty, if I do a blower now, it will be when the warranty isn’t being worried about. Probably a whipple

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I left the engine stock, because I want reliability, but I have made a few mods to my Mustang.
FP track handling kit was a great addition. I think my PP1 stock suspension was way too soft. It lowers the car, but I have no problems with scraping like I did with my GT350.
I'm (very slowly) doing cooling mods for the transmission and rear differential.
Wheels and tires - I bought Mach 1 wheels. Love them.
Got the swing rear spoiler.
Drilled holes for a roll bar for track outings.
Oh, and I cut big holes in the hood to improve cooling and downforce. So hardly any mods at all.

Louver 2.JPG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Johnny
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Downside to lowering?
Having to probably get realignment, and running your front splitter into those pesky parking lot stops. The main benefit to lowing seems to be mostly about appearance, but I think the profile of the ss550 with the 19"'s looks really good. Oh, and it was kind of a play on words, you know? "Lowering" "DOWNside". get it? Yeah, I like dumb jokes . . . It's a dad thing.

Sponsored

Airport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I plan to keep my GT totally stock. I’m not preserving it for a future owner. I’m keeping it original because it’s great as it stands. I’ve got a C5 if I want to make some mods. Every car I’ve ever modded seemed like a waste of money when I went to sell it. It’s never exactly as the new owner wants and they end up changing it and selling off the parts I installed. Plus, I think we get conned a bit by the aftermarket manufacturers and car magazines selling us the dream of creating the perfect car. My stock GT is as near perfect as I want it to be.

Sigma6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
02’ 360, 06’ GT, 11’ GT500, 15’ 911, 17’ 350
Downside to lowering?
It’s all going to depend on your springs and what else you’re planning on changing (bushings, shocks, struts, etc etc) ….lowering your mustang will change the steering and suspension's geometry. You will give up a softer ride for a more firm ride as the handles changes how it reacts to bumps and dips in the road.

By changing the suspension system you will also effect weight transfer on both acceleration and braking. And there’s pros and cons along with it.

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium Coupe, 2020 GT350 Heritage
After ripping around tonight in the crisp, cool air, I have to agree; no need to mod this thing it’s great as is.
You got a picture of your 21 GT? Sounds like you're having a good time with it. 👍🇺🇲

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
White always looks clean and crisp! I do see a mod on your car though (tinted windows). It starts with something (no matter how small) and then grows from there.

I never thought I’d be in as deep as I am with mods to my Bullitt, but I’ve done a whole lot to the car.
Sponsored