MustangOSU

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dhoni
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Hi,
I am from seattle and own a 2021 Mustang GT that came with summer tires. It has only 500 miles on it and I feel it skids a lot on wet roads. I am planning on changing the tires to all season tires tomorrow. Will it make a difference? Have any of you done this before and have noticed a considerable difference ?
Sponsored

Last edited:

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
depends WHAT summer tires you have and how much below 40F you get in Seattle currently.

OP
OP

MustangOSU

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dhoni
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
The car came with Pirelli Zero. Everyday in winter , it goes below 40

br_an

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bran
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2020 Ford F150
The car came with Pirelli Zero. Everyday in winter , it goes below 40
Here's what some of us do - Get a second set of wheels and winter tires like Bridgestone Blizzaks or Michelin Alpines. Swap your wheels when the winter temps arrive and switch back to the summer set when the temps come back up in the spring.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Here's what some of us do - Get a second set of wheels and winter tires like Bridgestone Blizzaks or Michelin Alpines. Swap your wheels when the winter temps arrive and switch back to the summer set when the temps come back up in the spring.
Dedicated winter tires are not necessary unless you drive in snow on a constant basis. Ultra High Performance (UHP) all seasons will be perfect for your rainy Seattle winters. Personal preference would be Michelin. AS3+ or the new AS4 (OEM on the C8 Corvette) while not cheap are the best.

Sponsored

OP
OP

MustangOSU

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dhoni
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Unfortunately dont have the room to store the wheels and tires. So have to let go of the brand new Pirellis and planning to install Michelin Pilot All season 4 tomorrow. Really hurts to trash the brand new tires. Guess new ones are like 405 for the Pirelli zeros

MD18EcoStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Ecoboost
Dedicated winter tires are not necessary unless you drive in snow on a constant basis. Ultra High Performance (UHP) all seasons will be perfect for your rainy Seattle winters. Personal preference would be Michelin. AS3+ or the new AS4 (OEM on the C8 Corvette) while not cheap are the best.
Agree. I won't drive in snow or even wet, but definitely below 40. I bought a second set of wheels this year and put AS4s on them for winter. I like 'em a lot! I do wonder how much improvement I'll notice when I switch back to summer tires next year.

OP
OP

MustangOSU

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dhoni
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
I am not planning on winter tires. I will be installing AS tires

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
I don't agree with this... Winter tires aren't just for snow, but cold and wet too.
Agreed, but for the weather in OPā€™s area A/S tires will perform just fine in cold weather and outperform winter tires in more moderate temps. I ran AS3+ā€˜s when I lived in NJ. Below freezing temps and moderate snow where no problem for them. Seattle will be a breeze.

Sponsored

T.O.Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt Mustang
Dedicated winter tires are not necessary unless you drive in snow on a constant basis. Ultra High Performance (UHP) all seasons will be perfect for your rainy Seattle winters.
Oh no, here we go again.
Bikeman315 is absolutely, totally, 100% wrong.
Winter tires are not snow tires, they are tires that are designed to be better than both summer tires and all seasons in both colder temperatures and snow.
All seasons are compromise tires that you might want to use if you donā€™t want to have two sets of tires.
But if youā€™re getting two sets of tires get summers for the summers and winters for the winters.
This is going to be my only post here because there are several other threads on this where Bikeman315, I, and others have already debated this ad nauseam - and by the way, Bikeman315, I mean no disrespect and am glad to leave this debate here and now on the basis that we simply agree to disagree.
Again.
Anyway, hereā€™s one of the (many) older threads about this, have fun:
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/my-winter-wheel-package.129095/page-4#post-3401423

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
Oh no, here we go again.
Bikeman315 is absolutely, totally, 100% wrong.
Winter tires are not snow tires, they are tires that are designed to be better than both summer tires and all seasons in both colder temperatures and snow.
All seasons are compromise tires that you might want to use if you donā€™t want to have two sets of tires.
But if youā€™re getting two sets of tires get summers for the summers and winters for the winters.
This is going to be my only post here because there are several other threads on this where Bikeman315, I, and others have already debated this ad nauseam - and by the way, Bikeman315, I mean no disrespect and am glad to leave this debate here and now on the basis that we simply agree to disagree.
Again.
Anyway, hereā€™s one of the (many) older threads about this, have fun:
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/my-winter-wheel-package.129095/page-4#post-3401423
No disrespect taken as we are both entitled to our views. :like: :handshake:

MD18EcoStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Ecoboost
I've seen enough of these threads to know that the main problem is that so many people have different ideas of what constitutes winter. Seattle, Michigan, New York, Ohio... all different types of winter. Heck, even where I am, a western Maryland winter is far different than the eastern shore. For me, where I am and what I drive in, winter tires are certainly not necessary. All seasons are not a compromise for me... they just happen to be all I need.

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
Unfortunately dont have the room to store the wheels and tires. So have to let go of the brand new Pirellis and planning to install Michelin Pilot All season 4 tomorrow. Really hurts to trash the brand new tires. Guess new ones are like 405 for the Pirelli zeros
You shouldn't have to trash them - you can sell them if they only have 500 miles.

And yes, below about 55 deg F in all conditions the Michelin pilot sport A/S 4 will be better than virtually any summer tire, until the summer tire gets some heat in them from sustained driving. Below 40 F, no contest.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
you should be able to recoup $400 on the summers in your local Craigslist.
Sponsored