honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Agreed. I’ll be curious to see what that clutch looks like. It can’t be happy! Ha

OP
OP
Hangman77

Hangman77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phillip
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gt350R Heritage
My poor clutch. I killed it haha.

I did a rough tally on my catalyst. Around 500 laps this year plus another 50 or so that probably weren’t recorded.

so around 550ish track laps.

OP
OP
Hangman77

Hangman77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phillip
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gt350R Heritage
Agreed. I’ll be curious to see what that clutch looks like. It can’t be happy! Ha
im guessing several colors of the 🌈

I got a new one ordered today. New clutch, flywheel, slave cylinder. Ordered 2 new starters, ordered extra belts. My dad and I will pull the clutch out in the next week or so. We won’t be back on the track until after Christmas. What sucks is I’m still wondering if I solved the code gremlin. Signs pointed to yes from the back to back full power runs.

I was supposed to get the new engine dropped in next week, but I think we want to hold off until we are sure everything is running solid. I don’t want to drop a new engine and have the same issues popping up.

Tonymustang302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2017 Turbo GT, 2019 GT350 racecar, 2021 GT500
did u go with a stock clutch again? Would thinm its time for an upgrade if you’re hard on it

OP
OP
Hangman77

Hangman77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phillip
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gt350R Heritage
did u go with a stock clutch again? Would thinm its time for an upgrade if you’re hard on it
I ordered a stock clutch, I felt it worked pretty well. Didn’t give me any problems until this past weekend. If I get another year out of it I can’t complain. Cost about $1500 for everything, and we are doing the work ourselves.

I looked at the other options, even spoke with Tilton about a carbon clutch.

I think if I move towards a power adder later on I will step it up.

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
I ordered a stock clutch, I felt it worked pretty well. Didn’t give me any problems until this past weekend. If I get another year out of it I can’t complain. Cost about $1500 for everything, and we are doing the work ourselves.

I looked at the other options, even spoke with Tilton about a carbon clutch.

I think if I move towards a power adder later on I will step it up.
What did you find about a lighter clutch in an NA application? I want to kill some weight in the flywheel

OP
OP
Hangman77

Hangman77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phillip
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gt350R Heritage
What did you find about a lighter clutch in an NA application? I want to kill some weight in the flywheel
I spoke with Jeff Neal at Tilton about a carbon clutch setup. It was a pretty full
Tilt setup. It was April when I chatted with him, they didn’t have the setup into full production at the time and I don’t believe they still do. They ordered a small quantity of components for capaldi racing. I was told that I could order the setup through capaldi directly. Leo Capaldi was on the email chain as well and he told me to reach out via phone. We spoke for a while about clutch setups and that’s what he was using at the time. He spoke highly about the tilton setup . He had been running the clutch for a little over a year and no issues. Regarding weight I cannot recall getting any of that info. I believe it was a 3 or 4 disc carbon clutch.

I did get a price. these prices are now pretty old, and I wouldn’t use this as an accurate measurement. Obviously I would reach out to capaldi if you have any other questions.

I may go this route on the next clutch go around.

A475C025-E214-4CF7-8F27-CD0008AEDDEF.png

Tonymustang302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
Sheesh

.thats pretty brutal.

OP
OP
Hangman77

Hangman77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phillip
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gt350R Heritage
Sheesh

.thats pretty brutal.
tend To agree. Considering how well the stock clutch performed for how hard I was on it. $1500 is nothing. The only value I see is it’s ability to stay cooler under heavy load and weight savings. I can imagine if you are doing endurance racing or anything over 50 lap competitions this starts to make allot of sense.

Tonymustang302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
Yea mines stock and haven't had any issues.

Decible

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 HP
I spoke with Jeff Neal at Tilton about a carbon clutch setup. It was a pretty full
Tilt setup. It was April when I chatted with him, they didn’t have the setup into full production at the time and I don’t believe they still do. They ordered a small quantity of components for capaldi racing. I was told that I could order the setup through capaldi directly. Leo Capaldi was on the email chain as well and he told me to reach out via phone. We spoke for a while about clutch setups and that’s what he was using at the time. He spoke highly about the tilton setup . He had been running the clutch for a little over a year and no issues. Regarding weight I cannot recall getting any of that info. I believe it was a 3 or 4 disc carbon clutch.

I did get a price. these prices are now pretty old, and I wouldn’t use this as an accurate measurement. Obviously I would reach out to capaldi if you have any other questions.

I may go this route on the next clutch go around.

A475C025-E214-4CF7-8F27-CD0008AEDDEF.png
Guys I ran this clutch in my Supra back in 03-07. It’s expensive mine was a 3 disk but the clutch and flywheel weighed 9 lbs and it had a 1400 ft lb torque rating. For the price what hasn’t been mentioned is it’s a one and done clutch. The rebuild is super cheap and the disk last forever. I had 100’s of 800+ hp drag passes and never had to rebuild the clutch
.like ever. I knew guys running the quad version at 1300+ hp and into the low 8’s most they ever had to do was by the cheap shims
and countless 220+ mph passes in the TX mile events. Another thing about this clutch is it feels like driving a Honda Accord. It won’t beat you up or tire you out in traffic or every day driving. It’s smoother than butter. It out right the best clutch EVER built. PS - what happened with speed Kore parts?

OP
OP
Hangman77

Hangman77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phillip
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gt350R Heritage
Guys I ran this clutch in my Supra back in 03-07. It’s expensive mine was a 3 disk but the clutch and flywheel weighed 9 lbs and it had a 1400 ft lb torque rating. For the price what hasn’t been mentioned is it’s a one and done clutch. The rebuild is super cheap and the disk last forever. I had 100’s of 800+ hp drag passes and never had to rebuild the clutch
.like ever. I knew guys running the quad version at 1300+ hp and into the low 8’s most they ever had to do was by the cheap shims
and countless 220+ mph passes in the TX mile events. Another thing about this clutch is it feels like driving a Honda Accord. It won’t beat you up or tire you out in traffic or every day driving. It’s smoother than butter. It out right the best clutch EVER built. PS - what happened with speed Kore parts?
ive never heard anything bad about them that’s for sure. And that’s. Solid recommendation thanks.

I’ve been slacking on getting in Speedkore. I need to call them and let them know about the crappy parts. I’llupdate when I finally reach out

Decible

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 HP
ive never heard anything bad about them that’s for sure. And that’s. Solid recommendation thanks.

I’ve been slacking on getting in Speedkore. I need to call them and let them know about the crappy parts. I’llupdate when I finally reach out
Look they are expensive
I can deny it but if you look at the cost of replacing the clutch every season or other season at 1500 a pop plus labor in 4 years it’s paid for itself. I threw up when I bought mine. Nice thing is the clutch is universal and can go car to car with a flywheel change. If you know someone that has one do like I did and ask to drive it. Crazy think about that clutch is the hotter it got the better it got. Multiple 6000 rpm launches my car had a redline of 9500. It was so responsive because it was so light. Crazy thing is when I took it out of the box and saw how light and small it was in comparison to others it was strange. I don’t have a Manuel car anymore but I’d never by another clutch but a tilton. You might not need a 4 disk clutch. I think the torque rating on those is over 1900 ft lbs. save the money and get a 3 disk. I don’t think you would ever exceed the rating. Keep me posted on speedkore. I was looking at some of their stuff.