Sponsored

Anyone get the Handling Package but wish they didn't?

Marty1000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marty
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
Vehicle Showcase
So I just placed my order today and now I wait, but after putting it through I wonder if I should have omitted the handling package or not.

I love the look of the rear spoiler and the rims, I won't be tracking the car, so wonder if it was worth it or if I will notice

I also went with the elite package and the appearance package

Anyone not get the HP and wish they did, or did anyone get it and wish they didn't?

Thanks
Hi,
Can you share the dealer name where you ordered the car? Also what is the price increase on the 2022 Mach?
Thanks
Sponsored

fastrax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2006 gt, 2021 gt pp1
If all you wanted was a grocery getter, then you wasted your money.

kbreeze72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 5.0 & 2021 C8 Z51
Yeah, again there's a whole thread on that but turns out the Ford Performance versions are the same ones they put on the handling package cars. Honestly that was another small reason I didn't keep the HP wheels.... just not as exclusive as you'd think. Even the black Ford Performance PP2 wheels that I replaced the HP wheels with were more expensive.
So, wait... You can buy Geuine FORGED HP wheels for only $1k for the whole set of 4?? If so, that's freakin insane. That's cheap even for cast wheels, let alone forged wheels!

The other kicker is aren't they made in the USA? If so that makes it even more of a head scratcher, because USA Forged wheels are usually in the $6k to $15k range

DRAGOON

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
21 VB mach1 HP 6SP
So, wait... You can buy Geuine FORGED HP wheels for only $1k for the whole set of 4?? If so, that's freakin insane. That's cheap even for cast wheels, let alone forged wheels!

The other kicker is aren't they made in the USA? If so that makes it even more of a head scratcher, because USA Forged wheels are usually in the $6k to $15k range
The HP wheels are NOT forged !! Spun cast & made in USA & heavy

Sponsored

kbreeze72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The HP wheels are NOT forged !! Spun cast & made in USA & heavy
I remembered Ford saying they were forged 2 lbs lighter than the smaller base wheels.

Also just checked Levittown Ford and they are ~$3800/set.

kbreeze72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah I saw that afterwards but they are backordered. $1k per set is a heck of a price for performance wheels of that design and in those sizes, for made in USA OEM wheels, even if they are cast.

Either way, it's crazy how they have this set for $1k, yet individually, on the same website, for apparently the same wheels, they are like $3800 for the set.

Also many publications talked about the wheels being forged, but now I see "forged from cast aluminum"... LOL, WTF does that even mean. Sounds like misleading marketing crap. Assumed they were at least flow-forged.

So much confusion.

DRAGOON

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
21 VB mach1 HP 6SP
Yeah I saw that afterwards but they are backordered. $1k per set is a heck of a price for performance wheels of that design and in those sizes, for made in USA OEM wheels, even if they are cast.

Either way, it's crazy how they have this set for $1k, yet individually, on the same website, for apparently the same wheels, they are like $3800 for the set.

Also many publications talked about the wheels being forged, but now I see "forged from cast aluminum"... LOL, WTF does that even mean. Sounds like misleading marketing crap. Assumed they were at least flow-forged.

So much confusion.
Yes, quite the price with the packaged set of all 4 plus tpms (which are not the heavy duty steel ones that came on the HP) and FP center caps. No lug nuts thought. I saw the individual wheel prices and like you stated, close to $3800. I don’t know the rational there ? The FP ones are the same sizes but are made in China & a bit more money. https://www.levittownfordparts.com/sku/m-1007k-dc19xmb.html And like you stated, the HP wheel set is back ordered with a 2 -4 week wait.

Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Tempest 2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M3440
Vehicle Showcase
FP vs OEM parts pricing. Here it's even better than FP PP2 vs OEM PP2 wheels. Probably got too many leftovers when they couldn't build as many HP cars as they wanted. Nice example of real (manufacturing) price of an item and how much margin they make on it OEM...

Sponsored

Ctodd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach1
With NAV you get the additioanl: Voice-Activated Touchscreen Navigation System with Traffic and Travel Link by Sirius

SiriusXM music is standard on ALL Mach 1's

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
So I just placed my order today and now I wait, but after putting it through I wonder if I should have omitted the handling package or not.

I love the look of the rear spoiler and the rims, I won't be tracking the car, so wonder if it was worth it or if I will notice

I also went with the elite package and the appearance package

Anyone not get the HP and wish they did, or did anyone get it and wish they didn't?

Thanks

Is that even a possible thought , conscious cognitive processes ?

TByrd1979

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang Mach 1
I am just going to roll with the HP, it might be a big waste but I like the look and prefer the wheels and don't want to deal with sourcing the parts later.

Thanks all for the perspective and fingers crossed this comes through, now it is just a waiting game.
I just bought mine last week with the HP. I love Everything about it but the tires. I switched to Pilot sport 4s tires and it drives a lot better on the street. Good luck

theruleslawyer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
MB C350
I just bought mine last week with the HP. I love Everything about it but the tires. I switched to Pilot sport 4s tires and it drives a lot better on the street. Good luck
Yah, that's what kills me. The tires means your are probably going to need to buy another set of pretty expensive tires very soon. Wish you could option it with PS4s

ChemEng44

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Tremor, 2021 Mach 1 HP, 2021 F-Pace SVR
Have right at 800 miles on my HP car now, wouldn’t have speced this car any other way, every time I drive it I get a thumbs up or honk or light flash in recognition, I got a decent flexible microfiber brush for the wheels and makes quick work of detailing. I ordered an extra set of the HP wheels and PS4S tires to hopefully reduce the amount of build up on the side of the car from the Sport Cup 2’s, I wish we would have gotten some carbon fiber options from the factory, just means I get to do it myself now, other than that I wouldn’t change a thing!
Sponsored