Hangman77

Hangman77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phillip
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gt350R Heritage
Ugh…. I’ve been through 8 VCT solenoids now, and the wiring to each one has been redone with the thicker pigtail retrofit. . . I feel your pain. Good luck.
the VCT solenoids looked good. I put a whole new set of 4 in also. Visually they looked good

OP
OP
Hangman77

Hangman77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phillip
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gt350R Heritage
Just ran session. Had full power throughout.

had a amateur issue towards the end, I thought the gremlin was back but my car reduced power towards the last 10 min of session because of hot temp.

I checked under the hood and I didn’t slide the rubber sleeve from the intake housing over the inlet tube coming from the front grill. It was kinda folded over and blocking part of the airway.

got it resolved.

the real test is if I have full power again on this next session. It hasn’t let me run back to back since this problem has been going on for a couple months.

will update

OP
OP
Hangman77

Hangman77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phillip
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gt350R Heritage
Last session. Full power. Looking good. Taking it relatively easy with traffic got a 2:07.98

but I think Ifound out what was causing the over heating.

pretty sure the clutch is burnt up. My pedal was sticking, and had trouble getting it back into neutral or even into other gear. Seems like it’s done.

that doesn’t bother me. I’m hoping that the code gremlin is done with, so far so good.

I can deal with a clutch.

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Last session. Full power. Looking good. Taking it relatively easy with traffic got a 2:07.98

but I think Ifound out what was causing the over heating.

pretty sure the clutch is burnt up. My pedal was sticking, and had trouble getting it back into neutral or even into other gear. Seems like it’s done.

that doesn’t bother me. I’m hoping that the code gremlin is done with, so far so good.

I can deal with a clutch.
Good to hear about the electrical stuff. In my experience, the clutch being done will show the most signs when you shift at high rpm in a gear like 3-5 and you don’t feel it “bite” when you release(sometimes you’ll even hear the engine rev up a bit while it slip and then drop when it bites). What your describing could be the slave. Doesn’t change much - both should be replaced at the same time anyways :)

OP
OP
Hangman77

Hangman77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phillip
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gt350R Heritage
Good to hear about the electrical stuff. In my experience, the clutch being done will show the most signs when you shift at high rpm in a gear like 3-5 and you don’t feel it “bite” when you release(sometimes you’ll even hear the engine rev up a bit while it slip and then drop when it bites). What your describing could be the slave. Doesn’t change much - both should be replaced at the same time anyways :)
the clutch was sticky once the car limped from hot temperature. I slowed down and the clutch pedal was staying stuck to the top And I couldn’t get the car into neutral or to shift without pulling pretty hard.

the signs I was getting during actual full throttle and racing was exactly like you described. 3-5, I would shift and you could still hear the RPMs through the shift, and the bite was certainly feeling different. The other tell tale was the burning smell once I slowed down. I immediately knew the clutch was toast. Almost killed my Garmin watch thag I left in the cup holder. It was really hot! Thought it was busted lol.

I’ll have fun driving the lotus tomorrow, or steal my dads 500

I appreciate you and others who chimed in, means allot. Racers gotta look out for each other. If you need anything from me, holler, I’m resourceful.

pilotgore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch
the clutch was sticky once the car limped from hot temperature. I slowed down and the clutch pedal was staying stuck to the top And I couldn’t get the car into neutral or to shift without pulling pretty hard.

the signs I was getting during actual full throttle and racing was exactly like you described. 3-5, I would shift and you could still hear the RPMs through the shift, and the bite was certainly feeling different. The other tell tale was the burning smell once I slowed down. I immediately knew the clutch was toast. Almost killed my Garmin watch thag I left in the cup holder. It was really hot! Thought it was busted lol.

I’ll have fun driving the lotus tomorrow, or steal my dads 500

I appreciate you and others who chimed in, means allot. Racers gotta look out for each other. If you need anything from me, holler, I’m resourceful.
Is it an Elise? I’ve driven my brother in laws on track, and although it’s fun, I was always a little leary about the lotus’s reputation for spinning faster than a break dancer when pushing a little too hard (and it not being my car!)

OP
OP
Hangman77

Hangman77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phillip
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gt350R Heritage
Is it an Elise? I’ve driven my brother in laws on track, and although it’s fun, I was always a little leary about the lotus’s reputation for spinning faster than a break dancer when pushing a little too hard (and it not being my car!)
it’s an evora GT. My dad has it tricked out pretty nice. It’s setup and pretty damn fast.

I drove it earlier today and ran a 2:07.xx in it. For a lotus on Daytona, that’s is frickin fast. I had a couple of close calls in it. It is not forgiving at all. When it gets loose you have to instantly react and control it. I learned that driving it for the first time at my local track. The input is very darty and precise, and the back can move out very fast.

with the suspension upgrades he’s done along with some other stuff it handles so
Much better with a proper track alignment. Much more confident and entering and especiall exiting corners it sticks so well and you can just launch of the corners. It surprises quite allot of cars on the track.

98A9EDFB-1F51-4BE4-8F5D-5E4BB5864F8E.jpeg
751626F5-7D75-4EA5-9483-7D6D9CEEB87F.jpeg

OP
OP
Hangman77

Hangman77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phillip
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gt350R Heritage
Wanted to ask about the sealed air box. I notice @honeybadger kevin, you have one.

I heard once you go to a vented hood you need it to keep the same airflow from the front grill. It’s creating a vacuum up top isn’t it?

I tried finding the air box I think it was called the warthog?

any tips for which one to get?

87C12810-D1C3-4B44-A66B-32006B8C380D.jpeg

Tonymustang302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2017 Turbo GT, 2019 GT350 racecar, 2021 GT500
Yea you need to run one.

see if your dads GT500 one fits…..i have a spare when i went to a jlt

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Wanted to ask about the sealed air box. I notice @honeybadger kevin, you have one.

I heard once you go to a vented hood you need it to keep the same airflow from the front grill. It’s creating a vacuum up top isn’t it?

I tried finding the air box I think it was called the warthog?

any tips for which one to get?

87C12810-D1C3-4B44-A66B-32006B8C380D.jpeg
When I built my first engine, we tried it without any type of cover (most dyno pulls were done with the cover on) and we did see a couple HP drop (only 2-3). I wouldn't call that significant.

Either way, sealing to the hood or adding a cover to the airbox does two things - it seals it off from rain and it helps ensure the engine isn't sucking down hot air from the engine bay. You shouldn't be having issues with either - but it can't hurt to cover it.

OP
OP
Hangman77

Hangman77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phillip
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gt350R Heritage
Heres my fastest 350R run. You can hear the clutch slipping pretty easily. After 3 days dickin with the car I had two runs on Sunday before the clutch let go with full power clean. This is the cleanest of the two. I had traffic as soon as I started which cost me for sure. If I had a proper running car all weekend, I’m feeling a 2:03 was in the cards, but who knows. Not till next year.