Hangman77

Hangman77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phillip
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gt350R Heritage
Damn. The only thing I can think of is that the solenoid was bad or the new harness has a short. That code is definitely specific to that cam and solenoid. Don’t think the alternator could affect it.

Rotten luck either way.

Any other issues? even ones that aren’t throwing codes
stabilitrak was giving me issues, but that was because of the banking at Daytona. Got that sorted. I learned about that while racing Charlotte from the Ford instructors. I finally completely disabled traction control by unplugging the connector. What a difference. I can’t believe I waited this long to disable it.

OP
OP
Hangman77

Hangman77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phillip
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gt350R Heritage
I went and checked the cam sensor connectors and everything is clicked in tight.

just went to start car again and now she won’t start. No click no nothing. power is on. Everything reads fine. Just won’t start. Tried jumping it nothing. Maybe the starter is shot?

weird

OP
OP
Hangman77

Hangman77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phillip
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gt350R Heritage
Are you hearing a single click when you hit start?

That's what happened when my starter failed.
little hard to hear anything with all the other sessions going on. But that was our thought as well.

looking for a starter around the area

OP
OP
Hangman77

Hangman77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phillip
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gt350R Heritage
Gotta love it when the racing gremlins show up for the big day.

OP
OP
Hangman77

Hangman77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phillip
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gt350R Heritage
Bad starter. We got her push started. Called around. Nobody has one. It won’t end my racing though. We can push her to go if we have to.

I found 3 extra cam sensor plugs, and I bought couple of cam sensors intake and exhaust.

I have an entire spare harness I bought as well a week ago.

we are gonna fix this shit this weekend.

Tonymustang302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2017 Turbo GT, 2019 GT350 racecar, 2021 GT500
stabilitrak was giving me issues, but that was because of the banking at Daytona. Got that sorted. I learned about that while racing Charlotte from the Ford instructors. I finally completely disabled traction control by unplugging the connector. What a difference. I can’t believe I waited this long to disable it.
what connector to disable advance track

OP
OP
Hangman77

Hangman77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phillip
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gt350R Heritage
what connector to disable advance track
Open hood, look down just behind driver side headlight. There is a connector/plug right there. It’s easy to spot. Just disconnect it. And done. You have a race car with no nannies anymore. To actually be able to take a corner and exit with whatever throttle response you want, without worrying about traction control coming on and killing all your power in exit. You can actually give throttle and feel the car the way agood driver should and apply just enough to get the car going. It feels great to get the car to explode of the corners better

OP
OP
Hangman77

Hangman77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phillip
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gt350R Heritage
Changed alternator tonight. Same shit. Idle is rough. Same code.

I guess I’m gonna have to put another harness on again. Maybe the new harness I put on the other day is also bad? Seems very unlikely. But I’m literally out of options

The only two other things I could think of, is change the battery, maybe they messed up my lithium battery at the dealer.

morning change the cam sensors themselves on the back of motor. There is a total of 4, 2 each side, intake and exhaust.

otherwise Maybe this engine is hurt. But it doesn’t make sense that the car has full power for a few laps or so and then bam. It comes back again and the car codes with the same shit. It’s weird that originally it was bank 1 and after the new harness and all 4 new solenoids, we fired it up, drove it this morning, car ran perfect. And then it coded after I came to pits and now the code changes to bank 2.

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
I'm fairly confident this is electrical. Either somehow this harness is bad (would be uncommon, but not sure I'd call myself surprised) or the solenoids themselves failed. I'd swap the solenoid and then the harness. This is 100% related to one of those two

OP
OP
Hangman77

Hangman77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phillip
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gt350R Heritage
I'm fairly confident this is electrical. Either somehow this harness is bad (would be uncommon, but not sure I'd call myself surprised) or the solenoids themselves failed. I'd swap the solenoid and then the harness. This is 100% related to one of those two
my dad and I tend to agree. We’ve thrown the kitchen sink at this. And we are starting over. Second new harness is going in.

here is breakfast this morning

50E6BA60-96A1-4D53-9488-6A1AA7BFA389.jpeg

pilotgore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch
my dad and I tend to agree. We’ve thrown the kitchen sink at this. And we are starting over. Second new harness is going in.

here is breakfast this morning

50E6BA60-96A1-4D53-9488-6A1AA7BFA389.jpeg
Ugh…. I’ve been through 8 VCT solenoids now, and the wiring to each one has been redone with the thicker pigtail retrofit. . . I feel your pain. Good luck.

pilotgore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch
i changed all 4 sensors. And replaced the harness.

I’m gonna swap the alternator now. I’m completely at a loss.

starting to think I’m gonna VCT delete the MPR engine before I drop it in.
When you pulled the sensors, were any of the brackets broken? 7 of my 8 bad sensors had broken spot welds between then round sensor and the bracket.