Sponsored

Mustang GT vs ... (Post whatever you've raced and how it went)

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
Nearly anything can be achieved if you throw enough money at it.
I know… heck you could build a lawn mower to beat 2.5 seconds.

I didn’t know Lucid car company was that far along.

I don’t follow the EV movement that closely.
Sponsored

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
I know… heck you could build a lawn mower to beat 2.5 seconds.

I didn’t know Lucid car company was that far along.

I don’t follow the EV movement that closely.
Same on the EV thing. Don’t go looking for it but get interested at the new tech.

UpACurb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R 2019 Roush F150 20 Explorer
raced my buddies 19 NSX from a 50 roll- Im stock...he has a tune and full titanium exhaust-
I got gapped

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
raced my buddies 19 NSX from a 50 roll- Im stock...he has a tune and full titanium exhaust-
I got gapped
I'll bet you had fun though! Those NSX's are pretty sick. And fast as hell.. I've seen a few at the strip running mid 10's. I'd like to roll race one in Mexico someday considering my best is a 10.9. The NSX is a solid 11.2 car.

UpACurb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R 2019 Roush F150 20 Explorer
I'll bet you had fun though! Those NSX's are pretty sick. And fast as hell.. I've seen a few at the strip running mid 10's. I'd like to roll race one in Mexico someday considering my best is a 10.9. The NSX is a solid 11.2 car.
Yes....was definitelyfun! I didn't want to run him from a dig as I knew it wouldn't be pretty lol with those electric motors and launch control I can only imagine their 60 foot..... 10.9 nice......

Once my kids are out of college I'm going to build another drag car...

Sponsored

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
I got a alert that said Your thread Hellcat vs fbo 10sp was deleted. Reason: Street Racing Threads are not permitted….
Isn’t this thread the same thing?
This isn’t a street racing thread. It’s a mustang vs thread…

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
Not really a vs but I think worth posting. More of a near miss at least for me. Driving to shoot some arrows (waaaay cheaper than bullets!) and on the way, I go through a 2 lane round about. Person in front of my driving a slightly aged Nissan Titan is going maybe 2mph through it. I wait till we get through the round about and change lanes to at least get to the 35mph speed limit. As I do so, they has their truck, I continue to drive like I do no caring if they race off or not but I’m still pulling away while they start spinning their tires. Luckily I got out front enough so when they lost control and went through my lane to go off the road, they didn’t hit me. They ended up smacking someone’s house turned business patio and came to a stop facing the wrong way. Zero ef’s given, I kept on driving. Drove the same route back and saw the evidence but they were gone. Guessing they drove off hoping to get away without paying the damages. The wife said I should have stopped but I argued they likely would have tried to blame it all on me for their crappy driving. Now if I had the dash cams I continue to put off getting, I would have stopped to make sure they got stuck with paying for their damages. But for all I know that could have happened anyway.

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
Was heading home from Mexico today and passed a widebody Challenger Redeye. For some reason my nonchalant roll past him at 4mph meant I wanted to race. He finally got through traffic and floored it.. He was gaining fast and probably doing about 30 at WOT when I floored it. Put a car on him but didn't get much further in front of him up to about 100mph. Would have been worse if he didn't have the jump.

Nice guy.. He pulled up next to me and said my car was sick.. And Fast. All smiles. I let him know it *DID* have a blower under the hood. We went again from about 30 to 70 and he wasn't having no more. Was a fun run.

SnakeMaster16

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Giovanni
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Premium PP1
Didn't end up being so much a race. But I was making a right on a major road in Miami, 3 lanes, a 6th generation camaro SS with aftermarket went by right before I turned, he was driving slow not looking for anything so I just passed him casually in track mode exhaust and I get to a red light without noticing a Tesla Model Y Performance on the right most lane with a car between us in the middle lane. I leave on green with medium throttle and by the time I realized what happened he had floored it and I didn't feel like trying to start another race since I missed the first so I just ended up getting behind him as we headed into more traffic. All of a sudden, after the next light goes green an s197 GT come up in another lane, a BMW M5 pulls up behind me driving aggressively with pops and crackles on the exhaust and even an orange C8 corvette came up beside me and the Tesla and Camaro from earlier still close by. So all of a sudden it was just a mash up of fast cars all cruising through slow traffic together for a good stretch and giving little revs and pulls to each other. Fun and funny experience.

Sponsored

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
So all of a sudden it was just a mash up of fast cars all cruising through slow traffic together for a good stretch and giving little revs and pulls to each other. Fun and funny experience.
I love it when people aren't douche bags about it. Sounds like a fun run. There's always someone faster, no need to be salty!

Myself, I'm heading to the strip this Friday. First time since May. Hoping for a 10.8 but my DR's have 6,500 miles on them so...

mangosmoothie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Casey
Vehicle(s)
2019 Boolet
did some pulls against my friends tune only F80 M3 DCT. This was 7000 feet so I'm guessing I make ~500 whp, he should still be around 400 whp.

We did a 60 roll, I started in 3rd which is about 4k rpm. I inched away until about 6000 when I started to open a gap.

Then I did a 2nd gear start at like 6k rpms. I started to pull, he caught me on my grandma 2-3 shift, then it was over after I hit 3rd.

He might be going pure turbos soon, should be a close match up if he does. I'll probably take the L

schmeky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
To keep this thread going, in the past 4 weeks:

Looked like a very new Orange 392 Charger - he could not have known I was supercharged.

A few weeks later, another 392, dark gray, near new, with out of State plates - he could not have know I was supercharged.

1 - 2 year old Chevy truck with I am guessing was a 6.2 V-8, because it was pretty fast. He had a hard running start from behind me before I realized what was going on - he could not have know I was supercharged.

New score: Wins for my 2018 - 11
Loss - still at -0-

I know a -1- is coming, but hasn't happened yet.

Topdown

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Os
Vehicle(s)
5.0 Gt Convertible 2021 (TBA)
Want to race my modded 2018 Stinger against my 2021 Gt 5.0. Problem. Can't be in both cars at once.

Tried the Stinger on my dragy timing device , the Mustang has a built in timer so gonna give that ago. Time to beat 4.86 secs (0-62)

Observations after owning the 'Stang: no wants to race it whereas the Stinger seems to provoke all and sundry.

blue5.slow

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Base, M/T
(50 roll) 2017 Mustang GT MT82 vs. 2021 BMW M550i DCT

Mustang: Intake, tune, catless headers, e85, N2MB WOT Box (set to 0.2 second shifts), full weight
BMW: Stock

It was relatively close, but my mustang pulled on him and kept pulling once we got past 100.
Sponsored