Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

Orange devil

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro,toyoda
Downloaded the new Limp Bizkit album today. Sounds more mean and Obnoxious then a muffler delete.
Sponsored

Marketplaza

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT shadow black and 18 dodge caravan
Put the winter shoes on it. Had snow over the weekend and temperatures in the 30's so time to take the summer wheels and tires off.
winter shoes.jpg

I can't find side shot pictures of the summer wheels and tires on it, except for one shot at the track
Lapeer Labor Day 2019.jpg
You bring a eco boost to the track???

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Congrats Matt. Now tell us, was it worth the wait? :giggle: :rockon::clap:
Definitely. I haven't gotten to drive it much yet but the Tremec shifter is so amazing. Love that transmission.

Sponsored

Marketplaza

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT shadow black and 18 dodge caravan

xSouthSyde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Magnetic GT
One more.. door protectors from the big "A" (Garage Wall Protector). It's solid, thick foam and sticks to the wall like "you will never get it off again". Plus last WE my GF opened the passenger door of my former Stang while on the phone, and bang, into the wall the door went.. I was like "huh" ? She didn't even care or notice. Hence the protectors, first thing I ordered that day. 😅
Foam.jpg
Did you buy these online ? Can you provide a link please?
My garage is not the biggest for 2 cars and I currently have a bunch of double sided tape stuck to the sidewall to protect my door. This solution looks a lot better. My garage is not the biggest for 2 cars and I currently have a bunch of double sided tape stuck to the sidewall to protect my door. This solution looks a lot better.

Edit: I just found them on the big A. I wish you just said Amazon for us overseas guys haha

Last edited:

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
If you want speed you buy a liter bike or an actual fast car lol
Exactly. We don't drag race but my wife's last bike in the 80s could turn 9s.

An S550 eco is quicker than the mid 60s Vette's, muscle cars, etc. A lot of that is tires, but your brain's g-meter doesn't care why something is quick. I don't consider drag racers of those days of being lame for taking a car slower than a future eco to the track.

Sponsored

JimC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2019 EcoBoost performance package coupe
And why not? :facepalm: :curse:
Exactly right. The EcoBoost is surprisingly quick. I don't have to go 10 seconds on the drag strip, 12's is plenty quick enough.
And on the road course I had no problem hanging with the GT and my friend's GT350 in the turns. Was quicker than my friend's GT coming out of the turn onto the straight - he had to give me a point by every session.

Comments like that make as much sense as saying, "You take a GT to the track? Should have a GT500 to do that"

Gnatsum21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Former: GT 21 Roush Twister Orange RIP | ECO 2016
Exactly right. The EcoBoost is surprisingly quick. I don't have to go 10 seconds on the drag strip, 12's is plenty quick enough.
And on the road course I had no problem hanging with the GT and my friend's GT350 in the turns. Was quicker than my friend's GT coming out of the turn onto the straight - he had to give me a point by every session.

Comments like that make as much sense as saying, "You take a GT to the track? Should have a GT500 to do that"
I had a 2017 Ecoboost before I got the 2021 GT, and sometimes it makes me wonder why I did that. The Eco was paid off and fast as sh*t. Zipping through traffic was a blast. True, the GT is something different, starting with the sound.. and it smells new.. 🤪 :inlove:

Last edited:

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT

I'm not here to hate on Ecoboosts, but just be that annoying correction guy. the GT is the 12 second car. An Ecoboost is like 13 or 14s unless you've got some heavy hitting mods and a tune.

Also, if your friends are giving you a point by with an objectively faster car, you're just driving better than them. Which is honestly a better compliment, lol.

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I'm not here to hate on Ecoboosts, but just be that annoying correction guy. the GT is the 12 second car. An Ecoboost is like 13 or 14s unless you've got some heavy hitting mods and a tune.

Also, if your friends are giving you a point by with an objectively faster car, you're just driving better than them. Which is honestly a better compliment, lol.
For sure. All about the skill on some tracks, for example I kept up with a guy with a GT500 at Nelson Ledges as it's a tight track that doesn't give you much for max speed or to take advantage of the power difference to my Bullitt.
And then there was a convertible Z3 (I'm guessing modded) that was kicking both our a*s. Def had more skill than us, despite likely less power.

S550_Newbie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kelly
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1
One more.. door protectors from the big "A" (Garage Wall Protector). It's solid, thick foam and sticks to the wall like "you will never get it off again". Plus last WE my GF opened the passenger door of my former Stang while on the phone, and bang, into the wall the door went.. I was like "huh" ? She didn't even care or notice. Hence the protectors, first thing I ordered that day. 😅
Foam.jpg
...and she is no longer you GF I presume.
Sponsored