Sponsored

Any one using Ford Performance Cobra Jet Tie Downs with Steeda Jacking Rails on S550?

byru1479

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 350
I have Steeda Jacking Rails on my 2019 GT350. Will the Cobra Jet Tie Downs work with them. FP Part M-1700-M.
Sponsored

Bitten in '69

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
19 GT350, 03 Cobra, 90 GT, 82 GT
The front plates use the same holes as the rails. I flattened the front plates, then re-bent them to clear the rail. The plates are sandwiched between the rails and the mounting holes.

OP
OP

byru1479

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 350
The front plates use the same holes as the rails. I flattened the front plates, then re-bent them to clear the rail. The plates are sandwiched between the rails and the mounting holes.
I thought the rears would work. Thanks for the front information. I'll be ordering from LMR.

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP Whipple Stage 2
I have the BMR Rails and FP tie down plates. I was going to modify the rail to give it enough gap for the FP plates to bolt under the BMR Rails so the rails stay flush, BUT: I think I seen Steeda or some one else make front tie down plates which bolt to a different location like the engine cradle. That way I don't have to modify the rail front bolt mounting area to fit the tie down plates and still allowing the BMR Rails from section to stay flush on the frame.

OP
OP

byru1479

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 350
I have the BMR Rails and FP tie down plates. I was going to modify the rail to give it enough gap for the FP plates to bolt under the BMR Rails so the rails stay flush, BUT: I think I seen Steeda or some one else make front tie down plates which bolt to a different location like the engine cradle. That way I don't have to modify the rail front bolt mounting area to fit the tie down plates and still allowing the BMR Rails from section to stay flush on the frame.
The previous owner had BMR Rails installed. I planned on replacing them with Steeda Rails. I'll have to decide which ones to go with. Thanks for the info about the BMR rails. In either case I'll have to modify for the front tie downs. Thanks

Bitten in '69

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
19 GT350, 03 Cobra, 90 GT, 82 GT
The difference in height is not noticeable, and does not effect jacking or the use of jack stands. A propane torch and ball peen hammer allow you to flatten the bracket. Then, putting it in place with the rail, mark for the new bend. A vice comes in handy to hold it while you heat and create the new bend with the hammer.
Sponsored