ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
Hope everyone gets their car the way they want it, at some point.
Even if Ford up's the price on the M.Y. 22, those that through no fault of their own, didn't get the M.Y. 21 they ordered, should get the m.y. 22 car at the m.y.21 price.
I think all the cancelled 21's no matter the trim, that get built in 22 as a 22, should get Special badging. Covid Special printed on the dash badge . and on the rear panel use the C/S center badge with a half moon decal "covid special".
Sponsored

snakeyes

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chaz
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500, Performance Blue, Black stripes
Hmmmmmmmmm - well only time will tell ...

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Okay, talked to a friend of mine today. He's THE QC guy for the local truck plant, but he is in the know for what is going on at Ford pretty much across the nation.
I asked him what was the reason for the cancellations of the Mach 1's, and that it seemed to be the Premiums being cancelled. I even asked if it could be the leather seats. He told me it was chips and radios causing the cancellations, and nothing else.
It makes sense to me, and I sorta expected that answer. There might be some other contributor too, but I think you'd be better off ordering a 600 if you really want a Mach 1.
If that is actually the case why aren’t orders for EB/GT premiums being cancelled? Does the M1 700a have any electronics that the EB/GT’s don’t have?

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If that is actually the case why aren’t orders for EB/GT premiums being cancelled? Does the M1 700a have any electronics that the EB/GT’s don’t have?
Ya, Chips and Radio's doesn't sound like reality. the car doesn't have any extra modules or different radio than the other cars.
I'd say parts that are used on that model only, the manual trans, the brembo brakes,etc. Or the wheels sitting in a shipping container. Whatever it is, those waiting hate this.
My bet is all hand and parts get funneled to the F-TRUCKS first. So chips for modules are going the the bread and butter Trucks and fleet sales first. A police dept. can't wait for their new cruisers.
Job #1 for ford is to keep that best selling blah, blah blah, truck for 40+ years. So everything else gets to play 2nd fiddle while Ford pushes as many trucks as they can out the doors. They really have no choice as they put all their egg's into that truck basket, killing off all the cars other than the niche pony.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Ya, Chips and Radio's doesn't sound like reality. the car doesn't have any extra modules or different radio than the other cars.
I'd say parts that are used on that model only, the manual trans, the brembo brakes,etc. Or the wheels sitting in a shipping container. Whatever it is, those waiting hate this.
My bet is all hand and parts get funneled to the F-TRUCKS first. So chips for modules are going the the bread and butter Trucks and fleet sales first. A police dept. can't wait for their new cruisers.
Job #1 for ford is to keep that best selling blah, blah blah, truck for 40+ years. So everything else gets to play 2nd fiddle while Ford pushes as many trucks as they can out the doors. They really have no choice as they put all their egg's into that truck basket, killing off all the cars other than the niche pony.
But that assessment doesn’t hold water either. If this was the issue wouldn’t it effect all Mustangs not just the 700a M1.

Sponsored

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
But that assessment doesn’t hold water either. If this was the issue wouldn’t it effect all Mustangs not just the 700a M1.
And why I started the post, with parts that only this car/trim/model uses , but Also think of the mind set. Those that ordered a Mach1 want a mach 1, and will be more forgiving of a long wait or having the next model year , most won't jump ship to another make, Same with an ordered gt.
The guy that needs that truck for work, will if he has too . because he can't wait.
It is most likely a combo of both. At the end of the day, whatever the cause it doesn't matter as the g.p. will never be told.
But ford know anyone that ordered a car, isn't going to go get a Chevy , So they can risk forcing Stang guy/gals to wait.
But it clearly isn't parts that the lesser models share with the mach 1. so chips and radio isn't it.

S550VIN54

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2021 FJG Mach 1 HP
Just read an interesting article about the chip shortage regarding the C8 Corvette. The chips are used for the heated seats and steering and their workaround is to install them at the dealer once available.

I guess we are not that lucky!

Ctodd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach1
Totally sucks for those waiting for month and months. Gotta look at the bright-side of things or it will just eat at you. If you havent received the 2021 yet, chances are you would get it late or end of year... So at least you get a 2022 and a not lose a year.

I mean its probably moot point if you were to keep it for 10 years. But ya it totally sucks
My 2021 Mach order was canceled and yesterday I found my exact build in transit to a dealer 350 miles away. That car was ordered by another customer who decided NOT to take the car when it arrives as they took another one that came in earlier for stock. I signed the offer docs yesterday and placing the deposit today. No premiums. I decided I did not want to go the 2022 route due to the HP being reduced due to EPA regulations. I think the 2021 Mach 1 may have production under 4500? my vin indicates 4300. I spent ALL WEEK shopping all over the nation, it has not been a pleasant task.

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just read an interesting article about the chip shortage regarding the C8 Corvette. The chips are used for the heated seats and steering and their workaround is to install them at the dealer once available.

I guess we are not that lucky!
Not fer nothing, After working at dealerships service dept.
I would not want a dealership monkey installing parts that most likely require removing interior parts to install them.
It pay nada, just like warranty work, and you'll have a tech that needs to get it done as fast as he/she can to meet or beat the labor time they are paying for it. The life of the flat rate tech.
Things like this and warranty work paid time is too short to do the job correctly and with care. and knowing this, I would not buy a unit that you had to have the dealers tech install parts after the fact. No way, no how.

S550VIN54

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2021 FJG Mach 1 HP
My 2021 Mach order was canceled and yesterday I found my exact build in transit to a dealer 350 miles away. That car was ordered by another customer who decided NOT to take the car when it arrives as they took another one that came in earlier for stock. I signed the offer docs yesterday and placing the deposit today. No premiums. I decided I did not want to go the 2022 route due to the HP being reduced due to EPA regulations. I think the 2021 Mach 1 may have production under 4500? my vin indicates 4300. I spent ALL WEEK shopping all over the nation, it has not been a pleasant task.
Congratulations! What amazes me is how many are coming up used with hardly any miles. Looks like a quick sale for cash.

Sponsored

Ctodd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach1
600a has radios too. So do GTs.

sorry, not buying that
All kinds of stories out there now. The 2022's now delayed till the end of Q1 22. 700a's are still being delivered as of this week to dealers. I hope to have mine this week in transit.

Last edited:

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford should cut their losses, build the already ordered s550's all models/trims, then swap over to the s650 and call it a day.

Ctodd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach1
Congratulations! What amazes me is how many are coming up used with hardly any miles. Looks like a quick sale for cash.
I saw many flippers while shopping. Only one was priced where it should be. I did not want to risk it even with 2-5k miles on them. Could be testers etc. My OCD kicked in :)

OP
OP
Zach@Granger

Zach@Granger

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
First Name
Zach
Vehicle(s)
2003 Cobra Mustang

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
I saw many flippers while shopping. Only one was priced where it should be. I did not want to risk it even with 2-5k miles on them. Could be testers etc. My OCD kicked in :)
So what is a fair price for someone to flip their Mach in this market?
I paid $60k with Tax for mine
$2000 in upgrades
$2500 second set of wheels/tires
I'd want about $70k -$72k for it for it to be worth my while.
Sponsored