Sponsored

63k miles 3 issues, only one covered

Turbong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR EB 6MT PP Recaros
So having got basecare extended coverage I was surprised to find out belt and tensioner assembly is not covered, the tensioner is a wear item at 63k miles I guess. Motor mounts not covered, water pump covered but now the dealer wants 200 dollar diagnosis fee because that wasn't covered even though there was one problem that was covered it doesn't make any sense, yea I don't think any more Fords are in my future.
Sponsored

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
So having got basecare extended coverage I was surprised to find out belt and tensioner assembly is not covered, the tensioner is a wear item at 63k miles I guess. Motor mounts not covered, water pump covered but now the dealer wants 200 dollar diagnosis fee because that wasn't covered even though there was one problem that was covered it doesn't make any sense, yea I don't think any more Fords are in my future.
I'm more surprised you need mounts and a tensioner at just 63K.

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
Do you track the car ? Would that have caused the issues ? I always buy the Platinum coverage just to cover my back. I don't like big repair bills.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Turbong

Turbong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@Schwerin

Yea neither have I guess Ford likes beating the odds.

Do you track the car ? Would that have caused the issues ? I always buy the Platinum coverage just to cover my back. I don't like big repair bills.
Never tracked once, spirited hard driving from time to time yes, but mostly its just my daily there is no reasonable explanation for this.

Bobn57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang Fastback, 2021 VB, GT/CS
Vehicle Showcase
I recently purchased Ford's ESP Premium Care through Flood Ford in RI. I just reached out to them for a complete list of parts covered. Curious if these parts are covered on mine.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
It is certainly unfortunate that these parts failed but it is not Fordā€™s fault that you took out plan with the least coverage. Thinks break. That why I took out premium care on my 15ā€˜ and will do the same on my 19ā€˜ next year.

Edit: I should clarify. Not sure if these parts are covered under the two plans with greater coverage. Just you stand a better chance of complete coverage with them.

1D39249A-FE5A-4168-9284-94896A3E3391.jpeg

50C4564E-2514-4C95-BB97-3D17877AFB99.jpeg

52415D7A-B7CC-489A-88FE-556A788846F0.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Turbong

Turbong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@Bikeman315

Maybe I missed it but where does it list serpentine belts and tensioner? secondly who expects those parts to fail before 100k miles? 63k bad motor mounts, tensioners and a water pump and you think thats normal If you do your part of the problem, but yea your right If your gonna own American you better get full protection for junk parts. Non of the Japanese cars ive had or seen others gone through anything like this before 100k miles.

geep81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
You convinced me, Iā€™m selling my Mustang and buying a Honda.

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
@Bikeman315

Maybe I missed it but where does it list serpentine belts and tensioner? secondly who expects those parts to fail before 100k miles? 63k bad motor mounts, tensioners and a water pump and you think thats normal If you do your part of the problem, but yea your right If your gonna own American you better get full protection for junk parts. Non of the Japanese cars ive had or seen others gone through anything like this before 100k miles.
Yes, you are 100% right. None of these plans would have covered your issues. Apologizes. I also agree that these parts should have not failed at 63K and would be interested in knowing why they did. Motor mounts are covered under the 5/60 so I wonder if some coffee and doughnuts might have helped a little since you are just over at 63K.

As far as your Mustang vs. Japanese cars, well unfortunately stuff happens. Go onto any Honda, Toyota, Nissan, or Mazda forum and you can read about all the horror stories about their cars.

Bobn57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
This is what I was told by Flood Ford about my Premium ESP...
Itā€™s exclusionary coverage, so only the exclusions matter. They are at the bottom of the brochure.
Here's what is not covered....
1636053884202.png

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
This is what I was told by Flood Ford about my Premium ESP...
Itā€™s exclusionary coverage, so only the exclusions matter. They are at the bottom of the brochure.
Here's what is not covered....
1636053884202.png
Good callout Bob. I forget about this part. So to make it easier to read.......

Repairs Related to Your Maintenance Requirements ā€“
Items listed in your vehicleā€™s owner guide. Examples include: batteries of all types and cables, belts, hoses, hose clamps, brakes (front hub, drums, shoes, linings, disc rotors, pads), manual transmission clutch disc, exhaust system (includes catalytic converter), spark plugs, squeaks, rattles, tires, wheel balancing, wheel alignment, all lamps and lights (LED and HID lights, bulbs, sealed beam and lenses) except when purchased with New or Incomplete PremiumCARE Interior/Exterior Lighting Option, fogging of lamp assemblies, shock absorbers, service adjustments and cleaning, and scheduled maintenance services.

Other Components and Repairs ā€“
Fabric, liners, fasteners, carpets, dash pad, wiper blades, knobs, trim, upholstery, physical damage or cosmetic issues, repairs covered by manufacturer recalls, any insurance or if the vehicle is within the time and mileage limits of any warranty, repairs caused by improper unreasonable use, unauthorized alterations or modifications of the vehicle, and repairs caused by lack of required or recommended maintenance. Costs or expenses for the teardown, rental expense, inspection or diagnosis of failures not covered by this Agreement. Refer to contract for details.

Generally Covered by Your Auto Insurance ā€“ Examples include: fixed (non-moving) body parts, bumpers, glass, moldings, ornamentation, paint, rust, sheet metal, structural underbody framework, side and rearview mirrors (glass and housing), water leaks, wind noise, weather strips, wheels, wheel studs, wheel covers, convertible top and bow.

So I get the belt and tensioner but where are the engine mounts? They are not excluded. So does that mean they are included??? Or am I missing something else? :facepalm:

Bobn57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Good callout Bob. I forget about this part. So to make it easier to read.......

Repairs Related to Your Maintenance Requirements ā€“
Items listed in your vehicleā€™s owner guide. Examples include: batteries of all types and cables, belts, hoses, hose clamps, brakes (front hub, drums, shoes, linings, disc rotors, pads), manual transmission clutch disc, exhaust system (includes catalytic converter), spark plugs, squeaks, rattles, tires, wheel balancing, wheel alignment, all lamps and lights (LED and HID lights, bulbs, sealed beam and lenses) except when purchased with New or Incomplete PremiumCARE Interior/Exterior Lighting Option, fogging of lamp assemblies, shock absorbers, service adjustments and cleaning, and scheduled maintenance services.

Other Components and Repairs ā€“
Fabric, liners, fasteners, carpets, dash pad, wiper blades, knobs, trim, upholstery, physical damage or cosmetic issues, repairs covered by manufacturer recalls, any insurance or if the vehicle is within the time and mileage limits of any warranty, repairs caused by improper unreasonable use, unauthorized alterations or modifications of the vehicle, and repairs caused by lack of required or recommended maintenance. Costs or expenses for the teardown, rental expense, inspection or diagnosis of failures not covered by this Agreement. Refer to contract for details.

Generally Covered by Your Auto Insurance ā€“ Examples include: fixed (non-moving) body parts, bumpers, glass, moldings, ornamentation, paint, rust, sheet metal, structural underbody framework, side and rearview mirrors (glass and housing), water leaks, wind noise, weather strips, wheels, wheel studs, wheel covers, convertible top and bow.

So I get the belt and tensioner but where are the engine mounts? They are not excluded. So does that mean they are included??? Or am I missing something else? :facepalm:
If itā€™s not excludedā€¦.itā€™s included šŸ˜ƒ
That would be my mantra!

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
Lol. You donā€™t like repairs bills but youā€™re ok paying up front for extended warranty that you may or may not use !!!!
Sponsored