Sponsored

BruceTheQuail

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
My experience is that it takes a couple of days to a week to get to the dealer, then the dealer will want it for a few days (my last one was at the dealer Friday and we took it on Monday). In that time they will try to con encourage you into ceramic coating, you would get a better result and more fun setting fire to $100 notes.

Zacaxel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trevor
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Fastback
Well I got some good news and some bad news this evening.

Bad news is that delivery may be delayed and i might not get to pick it up this Saturday.
This is because they have a large number of vehicles that have arrived with major damage due to the hail in Brisbane last week, dents and broken windscreens.

The good (great) news is my mustang does not have any damage, as advised by the dealer.

I think the hail events were last week including Friday during the day when they had the twister at Brisbane airport.
My ship with my car on it arrived at 2am Saturday morning, so pretty sure it missed the storms.

Still, I will be inspecting it very closely when i do get to pick it up!

Last edited:

Zacaxel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trevor
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Fastback
Confirmed pick up with the dealer for Tuesday next week at 10am.

It has been a long and sometimes frustrating wait since ordering in April, with delays due to semi conductor chips leaving me thinking i might not see it until 2022.

However, the wait has given me plenty of time to research and decide on the mods i really want, and much to my wifeā€™s annoyance, purchase and store those mods all around the house.

I think i have worked the timing well, with mods booked to be installed on 15 Nov, and tints, ceramic and PPF booked for 1 Dec.

I also have three weeks leave booked over Xmas, so looking forward to plenty of behind the wheel time and no pesky Covid restrictions on where i can go.

Will post a pic if the dealer sends me one, just because i can!

Cant wait for Tuesday to roll around.

Oh, and thanks to everyone on this forum for the info and help that has been provided. You are a great bunch and would love to catch up for a drive at some stage if the planets align.

Sponsored

Dingo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Deno
Vehicle(s)
GT Fastback - Twister Orange 6M Ordered 2/Jan/2021
Send a complaint to Ford Australia about the dealer. Will get you nowhere. It is amazing how little they care about their customer. No wonder Ford going broke.
I did end up emailing Ford Performance Australia.
Have a Case Manager.
They contacted my Local Ford Dealer.
All paint defects were fixed, had to leave it with them for a week.
Car was professionally buffed and detailed on pickup.
Bonnet and Boot correctly aligned, height adjusted.
Currently sitting at Endrust having the Window Tinting re-done, not leaving it unattended after there last effort joy riding my car before I got it.

Reactions: PKs

krishv88

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
MK
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Hey guys, I placed my order for a GT Manual on the 30th of September. The dealer has mentioned April delivery. Is that realistic? What do you guys think ?

Moobly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT, Lucid Red A10 Magnaride
Hey guys, I placed my order for a GT Manual on the 30th of September. The dealer has mentioned April delivery. Is that realistic? What do you guys think ?
I ordered mine in early Feb and received late Sept. 6-7 months seems about right atm. DId you get the new colour options? Some of the 2022 colours are beautiful.

krishv88

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
MK
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I ordered mine in early Feb and received late Sept. 6-7 months seems about right atm. DId you get the new colour options? Some of the 2022 colours are beautiful.
Thanks Adrian. I didn't get the 2022 colour options. I wanted the twister orange so didnt want the 22 colours anyway.

When did you first receive a communication from Ford about your order? So far I haven't received anything :frown:

Sponsored

Moobly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT, Lucid Red A10 Magnaride
Krish it was about a fortnight after the order was placed that I got the congratulations on choosing your new mustang email from Ford Aus.

krishv88

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
MK
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Krish it was about a fortnight after the order was placed that I got the congratulations on choosing your new mustang email from Ford Aus.
Cool...I didn't get that too

StigyAus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I ordered mine in May. Never received an email from Ford Aus.
Im getting paranoid about whether Iā€™ll ever get my Mustang. With ā€˜21 Mach 1 orders being canceled, Iā€™m wondering how long before it happens to us. I will be ā€¦ very annoyed if they cancel my order after Iā€™ve waited 6 months so far. I can handle waiting a bit more, but with my colour (Velocity Blue) not being available for ā€˜22, Iā€™m getting paranoid.
They say ā€˜21 production ends this year, so if itā€™s not built this year, then I imagine it canā€™t have ā€˜21 colours :(

krishv88

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
MK
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I ordered mine in May. Never received an email from Ford Aus.
Im getting paranoid about whether Iā€™ll ever get my Mustang. With ā€˜21 Mach 1 orders being canceled, Iā€™m wondering how long before it happens to us. I will be ā€¦ very annoyed if they cancel my order after Iā€™ve waited 6 months so far. I can handle waiting a bit more, but with my colour (Velocity Blue) not being available for ā€˜22, Iā€™m getting paranoid.
They say ā€˜21 production ends this year, so if itā€™s not built this year, then I imagine it canā€™t have ā€˜21 colours :(
Thats exactly my situation as well. But my colour is Twister Orange...

Did you get an NSC number? If not ask your dealer for the NSC number. If there is one for your order then you have a car allocated...

StigyAus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Thats exactly my situation as well. But my colour is Twister Orange...

Did you get an NSC number? If not ask your dealer for the NSC number. If there is one for your order then you have a car allocated...
No I donā€™t have an NSC number. Dealer said we wonā€™t get one until the factory is planning on building Aussie Mustangs.
You donā€™t have one do you?
Sponsored