Sponsored

What do you think about GT/Ecoboost/V6 Mustangs with stripes? Poseurish? Tacky?

Mike Pfeifer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red Mustang GT A10
I have a PP2 in Kona blue that came factory with the black offset stripe you talked about. Most didn't even realize it had a stripe from afar so with that you'll keep a subdued look. I have since got the itch to change things up so I accented the stealth stripe with pinstriping tape. I was like you and worried it was too flashy but everyone I've talked to said they love it. I eventually embraced it and the good part is if I want to go back to being low-key I can easily take the pinstripe off.

DSC_0016.JPG

DSC_0014B.JPG
Thatā€™s really cool, it almost looks like an anti-stripe. I donā€™t think it would work as well on the traditional stripes.
Sponsored

stephs5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephanie
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I was thinking of doing a stripe as well because I want to be different not because I want attention I want to do a yellow one though but don't know what stripe to do I was thinking one going down the driver side or I also like the mach 1 thing on the middle of the hood maybe back with a yellow outline but then again my car is a base gas well lol. im still undecided. but your car is BEAUTIFUL that color and those wheels look perfect together. I bought the PP2 myself because I love them and I always get compliments. I love the beefy look lol.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Gotta have stripes.

1635502654800.png

Edit: I just realized they added a large horizontal rectangle of masking over the rear glass after they laid the stripes but before they re-cleared the hood, top and trunk. I'm guessing they must have had some blue get thru the original masking onto the glass and wanted to make sure they didn't have to also remove some clear from the glass.

1635501851190.png

1635502723603.png

Last edited:

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I like them, but I won't do it personally. Stripes for me are a GT350/GT500 only thing. Doesn't mean I'm going to knock anyone for adding them to a GT, but for me I'll just wait until I get one of those cars.

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
Cheap stick-on stripes are the issue with me. Paint or go home.

Sponsored

GJarrett

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost Premium
I love my stripes,my car is unique I get thumbs up by passing drivers all the time ,can't stop for fuel without having a 10 minute conversations.I made my car to my likes and it turns out a lot of people like it too.šŸ™‚

20210910_141424.jpg

20200620_214058.jpg
Where did you get the side rocker panel Mustang stripes? Or those stock Ford, or something else?

Dadillac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost Premium manual
Not really a stripe guy myself but I love love love the Mach1 stripes. I am seriously considering getting a set but all I can find is the black/orange ones. I want the black/red ones that came on Oxford White cars. Can't locate them. As soon as I do I am buying them

Don

16Fastback

RMR 8985
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2016 Fastback , 2009 Ranger 4x4

16Fastback

RMR 8985
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2016 Fastback , 2009 Ranger 4x4
Was going with paint till my auto body friend told me the cost of repairs vs vinyl šŸ¤‘

nustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT, performance pak, active exhaust
what i like is the diversity of no 2 the same. so wheels, tires, stripes, wings, etc .... could have the same question,
In the end all that matters is "what do you want, and how does it make you feel"
whats under the hood isnt a requirement for visual changes. Its what makes you look back at it as you walk away.
paint vs vinyl is all about your budget. what if next season, with some experience with your first change you decide you want something different. no foul going with vinyl, unless you have extra $ and can pay to have it painted again when the mood hits ya,

Sponsored

MD18EcoStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Ecoboost
In my mind, stripes have never been synonymous with only certain models. I've seen plenty of non-GT models with various stripes. I always figure - to each their own. I don't have a ton of experience, but I bought my rocker panel stripes from Stripe Source. They seem like a decent company to deal with, and the quality of the product also seems to be very good, IMO. I would buy from them again.

https://stripesource.com

I found them after buying some less expensive stripes from one of the online muscle car sites and trashing them after installing only one side...

Anyhow, do what YOU want. Mustangs are awesome, in that they look great without anything, but they can also have so many unique looks.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Was going with paint till my auto body friend told me the cost of repairs vs vinyl šŸ¤‘
Unless you're talking about crash damage that insurance pays for, painted is easier/cheaper to repair. Compare touch up paint to a whole section of vinyl for a rock chip, bird/plant/any other stain. Then hope the huge section of new vinyl matches the batch on the rest of the car.

Plus painted means no special care or damage from wrong wax/cleaner/etc. Painted means millions of color choices instead of dozens. Painted means custom widths, shapes, etc. for the same cost. Compare custom cut vinyl prices to prefab kits.

Vinyl is definitely better for initial costs and downtime, fewer suicidal thoughts over a botched job, or for changing your mind. Also, cheaper for different level of gloss from rest of paint. Those may be more important to someone than advantages of paint but for repair costs (and ease of care), paint wins.

jblue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2021 Twister Orange GT Premium 401A Ebony Stripes
My car is a base 2020 GT. I've done a ton of mods (by my standards) since buying it, nearly making it a PP2 minus the Magneride...visually, it's pretty tame with dark wheels and OEM only spoilers, etc.

So I really like the optional "racing stripes" and I have only ever seen ONE car in person with that option. The asymmetrical design really catches my eye...and the fact that they are a factory option makes them slightly less wild. I'm seriously thinking about buying a set and installing them myself...I just really enjoy looking at them.

I just don't quite have a sense for how the come off to outside observers...and I'm not going to lie and say that it's not a factor in my decision. :)

First, do stripes belong on a non-"special" Mustang? My dad has a Shelby GT500 and they absolutely belong on that car...but on a base GT? Seems like it might come off as trying too hard??

To this point, stripes or anything "flashy" has never been my style. I don't need to be noticed, I don't crave attention. I don't hate it, I just don't need it. This is one of those mods that makes a statement, I'm really not sure what that statement is to everyone else....so any input is appreciated in helping with this decision!

1635348831688.png

61D96609-1E6F-469F-972B-8A95FB04722B.jpeg
I know this is an objective thing, but here's my opinion. I love 'em. I feel that Mustangs need something on the beautiful body that they have, be it over the top, on the side, wherever. I think the white looks awesome with blue, but again, subjective. I love the factory ones, especially with the offset, I feel it looks much better than two even ones, don't know but, but I love it. I don't think it's for attention or anything like that. To me it's about enjoying how your car looks to you. I don't care what other people think, and no one yet has told me they didn't like the stripes. Mostly, they all say: Awesome!

Orange devil

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro,toyoda
They look good. Would not take the "dumb" advice from the red torpedo. Such a hypocrite statement being that California special comes with vinyl Stripes.

Carbide

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Race Red w/white stripes Shelby GT350
I think the painted stripe option on the new GT500 is $10,000. šŸ˜²
Sponsored