Sponsored

It's HERE! 🎉 Elite Series Sequential Foglight for 2018+ Ford Mustang | Diode Dynamics

AgentAlex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT/CS
Vehicle Showcase
I'm curious to know if anyone else has installed these lights on a 2021?

The lights look and function normally on mine, but the interior gauge hyper flashes. I was told that out of all the units they've sold so far, my car was the only one with this issue.
Sponsored

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP Whipple Stage 2
I'm curious to know if anyone else has installed these lights on a 2021?

The lights look and function normally on mine, but the interior gauge hyper flashes. I was told that out of all the units they've sold so far, my car was the only one with this issue.
Im installing mine tonight to make sure everything works

AgentAlex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT/CS
Vehicle Showcase
Im installing mine tonight to make sure everything works
Since you have a 2019, I doubt you'll have any issues. I was told that out of the 195 units Diode Dynamics has sold, I was the only reported issue. Maybe the 2021s have a slight variance in the electrical system; maybe it's just my car being finicky. I'm not really sure. I was just interested to see if anyone else has installed them on 2021.

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
Since you have a 2019, I doubt you'll have any issues. I was told that out of the 195 units Diode Dynamics has sold, I was the only reported issue. Maybe the 2021s have a slight variance in the electrical system; maybe it's just my car being finicky. I'm not really sure. I was just interested to see if anyone else has installed them on 2021.
If I was you, I would ask for another set to try. I doubt Ford resigned the lighting system for 2020-2021?. The Canbus circuitry in the lights to prevent the hyper flash must be inop. Good luck

AgentAlex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT/CS
Vehicle Showcase
If I was you, I would ask for another set to try. I doubt Ford resigned the lighting system for 2020-2021?. The Canbus circuitry in the lights to prevent the hyper flash must be inop. Good luck
This was the second set of lights.

Sponsored

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
This was the second set of lights.
Then your year Ford must have changed the frequency modulation of the circuit. DD needs to get a 2021 and connect a Oscilloscope or equivalent into the turn signal circuitry and mod their new light circuitry to prevent the hyper flash on your year model. They need to fix it.

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
Ford changed a whole lot for '21. Forscan had to come out with a major update to enable bamby mode, eliminate the double horn honk on exit with the motor running along with several other items. You can now eliminate the seatbelt chime.

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
Ford changed a whole lot for '21. Forscan had to come out with a major update to enable bamby mode, eliminate the double horn honk on exit with the motor running along with several other items. You can now eliminate the seatbelt chime.
Did they make it to where you could turn your interior lights off with the doors open? Did they happen to make changes to where you could adjust the absolutely Load Back Up Proximity Beeps when Backing out of the garage?
Just wondering how much they did change. Thanks

Bobn57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang Fastback, 2021 VB, GT/CS
Vehicle Showcase
how do you stop the double horn honk when exiting with engine running? I hate that feature on my 21.

Sponsored

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
Did they make it to where you could turn your interior lights off with the doors open? Did they happen to make changes to where you could adjust the absolutely Load Back Up Proximity Beeps when Backing out of the garage?
Just wondering how much they did change. Thanks
You can enable dark mode. Did not mess with the sensors. My garage is narrow so if they keep me from hitting the frame, so be it.

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
how do you stop the double horn honk when exiting with engine running? I hate that feature on my 21.
Have to use forscan.

OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
Then your year Ford must have changed the frequency modulation of the circuit. DD needs to get a 2021 and connect a Oscilloscope or equivalent into the turn signal circuitry and mod their new light circuitry to prevent the hyper flash on your year model. They need to fix it.
We are reviewing this now, and we will definitely be providing a solution as soon as possible! There's probably just some small electrical changes needed to the circuitry to accommodate the 2021 specifically. We do back our products fully, and will continue to do so. Thanks!

Paul

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
We are reviewing this now, and we will definitely be providing a solution as soon as possible! There's probably just some small electrical changes needed to the circuitry to accommodate the 2021 specifically. We do back our products fully, and will continue to do so. Thanks!

Paul
Great. Please post to this forum when this members new Turn Signals have been fixed.

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
Back up light kit is great. Like how it changes to red when breaking.
Sponsored