Sponsored

Steeda Rear suspension upgrades (eg - Stop the Hop, etc?)

MaxAK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Accord Touring
Hey y'all - I'm hopefully going to order my Mach1 in the next couple of months. Was wondering, since it has the rear subframe from the GT500, do rear suspension upgrades for the regular PP1 GT (eg - Steeda's stop the hop kit, bushings, etc) - still make sense? Thanks!
Sponsored

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Hey y'all - I'm hopefully going to order my Mach1 in the next couple of months. Was wondering, since it has the rear subframe from the GT500, do rear suspension upgrades for the regular PP1 GT (eg - Steeda's stop the hop kit, bushings, etc) - still make sense? Thanks!
Steeda has a Mach1 development car so its best to ask them directly.

pappagray

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2021 PP1
Short form YES

Long Form, Had a 2021 pp1 GT. Rear was very sloppy and darty under hard accelerations. IF the tires spun, it would wheel hop and dance across the road. I added a Stop the hop kit, problem was gone.

6 months later I get my 2021 Mach 1 HP. Has all the exact same issue my PP1 had prior to the Stop the hop kit. So I added that same kit to my Mach 1, all the problems gone again.

I beat the shit out of these cars, lots of track days, street abuse and burnouts. Absolutely worth it and needed if your going to be using it like i do.

OP
OP

MaxAK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Accord Touring
Short form YES

Long Form, Had a 2021 pp1 GT. Rear was very sloppy and darty under hard accelerations. IF the tires spun, it would wheel hop and dance across the road. I added a Stop the hop kit, problem was gone.

6 months later I get my 2021 Mach 1 HP. Has all the exact same issue my PP1 had prior to the Stop the hop kit. So I added that same kit to my Mach 1, all the problems gone again.

I beat the shit out of these cars, lots of track days, street abuse and burnouts. Absolutely worth it and needed if your going to be using it like i do.
Ah - I see! Thanks for that! I was slightly optimistic that if I ordered the HP on the Mach 1, I wouldn't have to mess with too many suspension related items - just change out the tires for something more daily driving friendly. But looks like the rear subframe moving around is still an issue, sadly.

Glad to hear you're enjoying the car as it was truly meant! I'm hoping to do a few track days and some hard street driving as well.

S550VIN54

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2021 FJG Mach 1 HP
Short form YES

I concur. I added this to my gt350 and made a world of difference.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase