Sponsored

What is your carvana sell offer for your Gt?

beltonr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium, 2021 Hyundai Palisade Ltd
Last week I bought a 2021 GT Premium, loaded out with all the good stuff. I moved from a 2010 Nissan 370Z Roadster with the Touring and Sport packages (all the options available in 2010). Only 42,500 miles, pristine condition. Ford dealer offered $15,000 trade-in. Retail was $23 - 24k on KBB and Edmunds. I figured I could get close to that selling it myself. Tried Vroom, they offered $15k, came back later at $15.6k. Tried Carvana, they offered $21,244.00! That was last Friday, the day after I got my Mustang. Carvana showed up yesterday, handed me a check and took the Z away. Easiest sale I ever made.
Sponsored

BimmerDriver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
GT convertible w/3 pedals, BMW M550i
You’ll never get what it’s worth on those sites. They have to make a profit after all. Private sales are always the best.
Usually that's true, but not now. Carvana had to sell my car at or near MSRP to make a profit, and no one in their right mind would pay that when you can get a new car off the lot for MSRP or less around here. But... since Carvana is national, they can ship the car to a tighter market and make money. Me, as a private seller, I can't do that. So I did better selling to them than if I had tried to sell it myself. Plus there's that whole hassle factor, people who just want to drive a GT, kids who can't afford the insurance, idiots who can't afford the car and are just wasting my time, and of course, idiots in general. I've sold enough cars in my life, I've run into every scenario.

I sold my GT to Carvana for more than I paid for it new, including taxes and fees. It took 3 days, easy-peasy.

Baldilocks

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.blueearlbrewing.com
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium California Special
Vehicle Showcase
Usually that's true, but not now. Carvana had to sell my car at or near MSRP to make a profit, and no one in their right mind would pay that when you can get a new car off the lot for MSRP or less around here. But... since Carvana is national, they can ship the car to a tighter market and make money. Me, as a private seller, I can't do that. So I did better selling to them than if I had tried to sell it myself. Plus there's that whole hassle factor, people who just want to drive a GT, kids who can't afford the insurance, idiots who can't afford the car and are just wasting my time, and of course, idiots in general. I've sold enough cars in my life, I've run into every scenario.

I sold my GT to Carvana for more than I paid for it new, including taxes and fees. It took 3 days, easy-peasy.
There are no cars around here going for MSRP. Everything is inflated, even Kia’s.

My current Carvana offer is $32,7K. I could sell it outright for 43-45.

Rover

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scotty
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT , Porsche Boxster S, BMW X5d, FORD Transit Diesel, 2500 Ram Diesel, Mazda CX5
Vehicle Showcase
My local FORD dealer offering 37k for '17 GT Premium. That is 5k more than I paid 3 yrs ago.

Sponsored

Smunczen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt pp2
Vroom offer has been going up for the the past 5 weeks right now $41535 for 20 pp2 with 1900 miles not even close to get me out of it. The dealer is offereing $44k still not there.

Polski

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marek
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP2 401A
Vehicle Showcase
Vroom offer has been going up for the the past 5 weeks right now $41535 for 20 pp2 with 1900 miles not even close to get me out of it. The dealer is offereing $44k still not there.
I just tried Vroom and they offered 44k for my 2019 PP2 with 5k miles on it. Fully loaded etc... I am really tempted to sell it :/

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Out of curiosity, what is YOUR "there" price? $50k?

Smunczen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt pp2
Out of curiosity, what is YOUR "there" price? $50k?
Something close to that would be my break up price. I would have sold by now if I didn’t put so much down on it when I bought it. Made allot on a 20 raptor that I sold last year. So I have a super small car payment and kinda like it. Hard to go back to a big payment again. I think though I’ll hold on to the car. I really do like it.

Spartan1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Eruption Green GT 400A
Carvana offered me $34,500 and Vroom was $37,300, so I just sold to Vroom this week before ordering the '22, it's a 2019 base GT with 8,600 miles I paid $36,000 for 2 years ago.

I am no longer driving the '19 and want it gone before something happens to it, this deal is too good to be true. I'm a little nervous about handing off my car before getting payment, but have been reassured that if I was honest in assessing the car, payment in full will be no problem. Just got this:

Hi ,

We've received your completed documents and started the process of scheduling the pick-up of your vehicle.

You'll receive an email from us within 2 days letting you know the name and contact information of the carrier who will pick-up your vehicle as well as other important instructions. Your vehicle will be picked up within 10 days.

Sponsored

Polski

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marek
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP2 401A
Vehicle Showcase
Carvana offered me $34,500 and Vroom was $37,300, so I just sold to Vroom this week before ordering the '22, it's a 2019 base GT with 8,600 miles I paid $36,000 for 2 years ago.

I am no longer driving the '19 and want it gone before something happens to it, this deal is too good to be true. I'm a little nervous about handing off my car before getting payment, but have been reassured that if I was honest in assessing the car, payment in full will be no problem. Just got this:

Hi ,

We've received your completed documents and started the process of scheduling the pick-up of your vehicle.

You'll receive an email from us within 2 days letting you know the name and contact information of the carrier who will pick-up your vehicle as well as other important instructions. Your vehicle will be picked up within 10 days.
If you don't mind, please keep this post updated. I am questioning the not getting paid immediately. I know people sold cars to them and they are legit. Just need to be sure I won't get f*** :) ANd I bet more members can relate to this or share their stories (if they didn't already)

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
If you don't mind, please keep this post updated. I am questioning the not getting paid immediately. I know people sold cars to them and they are legit. Just need to be sure I won't get f*** :) ANd I bet more members can relate to this or share their stories (if they didn't already)
part of why carvana's quotes are lower is because they are taking a calculated risk that you lied on the submission and the car will need work/re-value for sale. Vroom is inspecting first before paying out. Vroom found some defects on my SS/1LE that I didn't realize I had but they honored their original quote.

CarMax offers are also low because they have to rip EVERY aftermarket part off the car, throw it away in a big dumpster and pay to put all new OEM parts back on.

In my case the car left NoVA and went to a huge and well-known whole-sale/auction site up in PA (York?) where it got looked over. I had to call Vroom and prod them to move the car from 'received' to 'inspected' so Accounts would release the funds. Some "knowledge worker" had forgotten to change the status of my car's workflow even though the inspection had been done and logged.

AutoLendersGo (a Princeton NJ outfit) paid on pickup and beat all 3 quotes at the time. They only do mid-north Atlantic in their coverage though. My cherry EB sat on their lot for 9 months before the were able to sell it.

Twizzty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bones
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro 1SS 1LE MT
Vehicle Showcase
I used my Carvana quote as a good starting point when I traded in the GT last month. The offer was $30k for a 2018 GT A10 300a with 28k miles and the Chevy dealer ended up giving $33k for trade in on a new 2021 1SS 1LE MT. They sold the GT for 36k less then a week later so it seems they made out well enough.

Still really wish I could have found a Mach1 for a reasonable price but everything is either mid $50k's, a 10 month wait, or both...no joy. Track season waits for no one!