• Thread starter Deleted member 35644
  • Start date
  • Watchers 27

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
Seattle is a madhouse. Anything goes on the streets. It would take you about 2 minutes to find people shooting drugs, turning tricks, AND taking a crap.

Cops are never seen.
Sponsored

BabyPanza

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cheryl
Vehicle(s)
2021 Audi SQ5
Cable TV

People don't get that most of the street racing on TV is faked by a bunch of rich assholes who pretend to be hillbillies, tough guys, or mechanical geniuses. It's all bullshit.

Which then led to people racing on the street thinking that is how it is done. Which then led to a bunch of idiots posting videos of them doing it on the internet.

Wash...rinse...repeat.

Basically, the kids these days don't know what they are doing and it is way too easy to go way too fast.
[/QUOTE]
If videos or TV start showing people walking off of cliffs, are the kids going to follow? Oh, if only!

Claiming its movies, TV, YouTube is a complete cop out. We all have free will and a human responsibility to behave properly. If I screw up, it’s on me, none of the people who ever wronged me, are to blame, nor is any of the media that I’ve watched.

BabyPanza

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cheryl
Vehicle(s)
2021 Audi SQ5

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Anyways back to the matter at hand, we can all agree that street racing isn't the brightest idea and puts public safety and property at risk.

Sponsored

T.O.Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt Mustang
Seattle is a madhouse. Anything goes on the streets. It would take you about 2 minutes to find people shooting drugs, turning tricks, AND taking a crap.
Multi-taskers?
Wow, Seattle’s even higher tech than I thought.

• Haha
Reactions: dx2

andrewtac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mark
Vehicle(s)
F250. 2020 GT 400A
I agree, the officials bad mouthing cops are a major problem. I understand cops don’t make law but that doesn’t excuse them when their enforcement violates the constitution or give them a free pass to ignore any ethical concerns that arise during enforcement.
I think you missed my point, they are doing their job as directed by higher. Higher directs policy and the cops enforce it. Getting angry with their enforcement is misdirected anger; the anger should go towards the mayor, city council, the DA, and so on. If the cops don't do what their told, they get fired and they hire (not elect) new ones. If the people in power were held accountable for their policies things might change. Cops don't change the law or set the policies, it is the people we elect. Those in office want you and everyone to hate the police, serves them well; they avoid being accountable. Sort of like spitting in a vets face for doing what his country asks of him. Politicians stay in power, keep making harassment laws, and the guy doing his job gets stuck in the middle.

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
I think you missed my point, they are doing their job as directed by higher. Higher directs policy and the cops enforce it. Getting angry with their enforcement is misdirected anger; the anger should go towards the mayor, city council, the DA, and so on. If the cops don't do what their told, they get fired and they hire (not elect) new ones. If the people in power were held accountable for their policies things might change. Cops don't change the law or set the policies, it is the people we elect. Those in office want you and everyone to hate the police, serves them well; they avoid being accountable. Sort of like spitting in a vets face for doing what his country asks of him. Politicians stay in power, keep making harassment laws, and the guy doing his job gets stuck in the middle.
Sorry I can’t get on board with all of that. Do cops swear an oath when they get hired to a politician or the constitution? When there is a conflict between the two, is there not a moral and ethical duty to side with the oath and not the paycheck? If they are being told by the mayor, city, DA whoever to enforce unconstitutional laws and ignore violence and crime because the criminals are a favored group, you’re willing to accept that they were just following orders?
If my boss tells me to do something unethical I say no. Any further insistence and I tell him to fuck off and I walk out. It’s really not that difficult. Would you not do the same? Why are you willing to give cops a lower standard than one we would hold ourselves to?

andrewtac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mark
Vehicle(s)
F250. 2020 GT 400A
Sorry I can’t get on board with all of that. Do cops swear an oath when they get hired to a politician or the constitution? When there is a conflict between the two, is there not a moral and ethical duty to side with the oath and not the paycheck? If they are being told by the mayor, city, DA whoever to enforce unconstitutional laws and ignore violence and crime because the criminals are a favored group, you’re willing to accept that they were just following orders?
If my boss tells me to do something unethical I say no. Any further insistence and I tell him to fuck off and I walk out. It’s really not that difficult. Would you not do the same? Why are you willing to give cops a lower standard than one we would hold ourselves to?
You don't have to get on board, but you are exactly where the politican wants you. Be mad at the cops, nothing will ever change and the same folks will get elected again and continue the same policy.

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
You don't have to get on board, but you are exactly where the politican wants you. Be mad at the cops, nothing will ever change and the same folks will get elected again and continue the same policy.
The politicians where I live would love to lock people like me up and throw away the key for wrongthink. Thankfully we haven’t gotten to that point yet. I wonder if we did arrive to that point, who would show up to haul me away? The politician? Or another group……..that is just following orders? :wink:

Sponsored

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
Yeah, maybe we all should give a big hug to the poor guys who chose to give up moral principles because mr. evil mayor told them to do so.

I've seen this type of argument leading to completely corrupt and degraded police system, where you can buy you way out of most terrible deed. It was all about following orders and worrying about income above everything else. Just like what you describe.

andrewtac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mark
Vehicle(s)
F250. 2020 GT 400A
The politicians where I live would love to lock people like me up and throw away the key for wrongthink. Thankfully we haven’t gotten to that point yet. I wonder if we did arrive to that point, who would show up to haul me away? The politician? Or another group……..that is just following orders? :wink:
I don't think we fundamentally disagree about thought police, all the stupid laws, and everything else in 1984. My only concern is many of us get wrapped up in the smoke screen that is created and we focus our efforts in places that won't affect change. I am not defending bad cops, there are some out their; but even then it does not change much when we get rid of one bad cop in exchange for another. Beat on the cops forever, they will hire more; and likely the next round will be worse.

andrewtac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mark
Vehicle(s)
F250. 2020 GT 400A
Yeah, maybe we all should give a big hug to the poor guys who chose to give up moral principles because mr. evil mayor told them to do so.

I've seen this type of argument leading to completely corrupt and degraded police system, where you can buy you way out of most terrible deed. It was all about following orders and worrying about income above everything else. Just like what you describe.
Again, the police are enforcing policy of those who are elected. If we allow a system to exist we are to blame, not the police. We get what we ask for.

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
Again, the police are enforcing policy of those who are elected. If we allow a system to exist we are to blame, not the police. We get what we ask for.
Lol, I get it, they are part of the system and blah blah blah. Aren't they supposed to enforce the law instead? It's very convenient position.

andrewtac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mark
Vehicle(s)
F250. 2020 GT 400A
Lol, I get it, they are part of the system and blah blah blah. Aren't they supposed to enforce the law instead? It's very convenient position.
It is not more convenient to be angry at hired guns enforcing a law which they did not write, or a policy they did not enforce and expect them to change those laws or policies which they cannot change? In this case one should never expect a different outcome and always have something to be angry about.
Sponsored