Sponsored

What did you do to your Aussie S550 today..

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
Looks good Peter, just a thought...given the colour of the calipers it might be worth coating them with some ceramic spray so it's easier to remove brake dust etc.
Thanks GT 550. Yes while I had the wheels off I used a bit of Gyeon Q2 Pure ceramic that was left over from when I did the car for the wheels as well as a few coats on the calipers.
Sponsored

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
I think they do, check out my observations here :

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/magneride-vs-pp1-ride.135168/#post-2805750

My wheel / tyre / ride height is completely stock for a MR car :

1633848593472.jpeg

I know it’s not ‘low’, but neither does it look like it’s on stilts compared to photos of some that I see ?

I will take some measurements later :like:

WD :like:

Edit :

Approximately the same here, I went around the car twice and could measure each corner anywhere between 375 to 380 :like:

2nd edit :

@PKs - I see you have lost one of the big push pins. I lost one too, they are surprisingly expensive from Ford in the U.K. … :frown: I’m really liking those disks, your full brake setup looks so much better than stock … :sunglasses:
Hi Peter. Geez no details get by you. I only noticed that missing fastener myself this morning. They must just fall out I guess. I have a collection of eBay assorted push pins. Maybe one of those will fix it.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Peter. Geez no details get by you. I only noticed that missing fastener myself this morning. They must just fall out I guess. I have a collection of eBay assorted push pins. Maybe one of those will fix it.
I was pissed when I lost mine … lol

Even more so as it was my fault - I pushed the middle in a little detailing the car and I thought it was still secure, it obviously wasn’t …

If the middle isn’t flush with the outside, push it in all the way in, remove the pin, reset it and then refit it.

They are a good pin and very secure IF they are fitted properly and not disturbed.

Most important thing is to make sure the text is orientated correctly when refitted, it keeps my OCD happy … :giggle:

WD :like:

snake bite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords of course
Well not today but I did take the last photos today. Recently did a bit with my brakes. New DBA 5000 series two piece rotors, DBA pads and Hel Performance braided lines.
In the process of taking the original lines off I found that the rear hard line tube nuts had been mangled somewhat at the factory and one side could not be reused. With not having the tool or skill to cut the end off the hard line and redo the flare on the end, I got a mobile mechanic that I know in to help out. Another problem was sourcing the correct new tube nut. The size needed was M10 1.5 pitch thread. This is an unusual size and nothing was available locally.

While waiting a couple of weeks for the mechanic to fit me in I got the front calipers painted with spray cans that I got from VG Auto Paints. Grey etch prime, then custom coloured paint to match my stripes etc that are an ivory and finished off with 2K clear. Metallic silver stickers (also matching the pinstripes on my stripes) were put on prior to the 2K clear. I dont know if it was because I had the stickers for 18 months prior to using but I found them to be a bugger to get them on and to stay on. Kept on lifting and they are not joined so became a bit of a nightmare with individual letters wanting to do their own thing.

I was intending on painting the rear calipers but I got pissed off with it all when I had the dramas with the tube nuts. Down the track I might look at doing them on the car.

I had the gizmo to bleed the brakes as well as do a full fluid flush but I got the mobile mechanic to look after that prior to him leaving just in case any other tube nut connections were leaking. He used a vacuum bleeder for the lines. Something that I hadn't come across in the zillion youtubes is that the ABS unit gets bled via Scantool/OBD2. This was done as well.

Anyhow the end product is much as I wanted it to be and to me, looks fine.

PXL_20210821_004511537.jpg
PXL_20210825_030047309.jpg
PXL_20210825_033845053.jpg
PXL_20210829_043825561.jpg
PXL_20210922_043431607.jpg
PXL_20210922_043457744.jpg
PXL_20211009_230342936.jpg
PXL_20211009_230239608.jpg
Wicked, looks great 👍. MAN I can see I'm going to have to do my rotors at some stage especially once the mags go on🤣

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
Wicked, looks great 👍. MAN I can see I'm going to have to do my rotors at some stage especially once the mags go on🤣
Thanks snake bite. Yes new mags, newly painted calipers and new rotors to complete the look.

Sponsored

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Good news!!! I actually drove it today! :giggle:

I love taking this to work on a nice sunny day, although it makes me want the day to finish more quickly than normal so I can hit that starter button again. She always gets plenty of comments sitting in the car park from the customers as well.

IMG-E1538.jpg

Which means it's "dirty" enough to justify a wash. :crackup:
As promised! 😁

Felt like the wheels needed some decon action today. I usually just use normal car soap to clean them but something was telling me they needed a bit more today.

IMG-1558.jpg

I have used all NV products on these wheels so far, so the choice or Purge was a natural one. Purge is NV's version of an iron remover and will change colour as it reacts with contaminants. Despite their best efforts, like all of these type of products, Purge smells putrid.

https://www.waxit.com.au/products/nv-purge-reactive-wheel-cleaner?_pos=1&_psq=purge&_ss=e&_v=1.0

IMG-1553.jpg

After allowing Purge to react, I follow up with a shot from the foam cannon to neutralize the chemical and clean as normal. For dirtier wheels, you would be agitating the Purge without adding soap into the mix to get the full cleaning ability from it.

IMG-1559.jpg

Blown dry, wiped with some NV Boost and the tires dressed, they are now back to spec.

IMG-1567.jpg

I wish I could get some of Hyde's Serum Rustopper in Australia to prevent the rotors turning orange, I tried to order it but international shipping is not available with this stuff. :facepalm:
https://www.obsessedgarage.com/products/hydes-serum-rustopper-rust-inhibitor

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
Despite their best efforts, like all of these type of products, Purge smells putrid.
Bowden's Wheely Clean reacts the same way and also used to smell putrid (much the same putridity I imagine) but they fixed it.

I wish I could get some of Hyde's Serum Rustopper in Australia to prevent the rotors turning orange, I tried to order it but international shipping is not available with this stuff.
I have a solution for this, the orange comes off if you drive the car but then you have to detail....:shock:OMG it's the perfect @DFB5.0 loop :wink:

Bulutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
As promised! 😁

Felt like the wheels needed some decon action today. I usually just use normal car soap to clean them but something was telling me they needed a bit more today.

IMG-1558.jpg

I have used all NV products on these wheels so far, so the choice or Purge was a natural one. Purge is NV's version of an iron remover and will change colour as it reacts with contaminants. Despite their best efforts, like all of these type of products, Purge smells putrid.

https://www.waxit.com.au/products/nv-purge-reactive-wheel-cleaner?_pos=1&_psq=purge&_ss=e&_v=1.0

IMG-1553.jpg

After allowing Purge to react, I follow up with a shot from the foam cannon to neutralize the chemical and clean as normal. For dirtier wheels, you would be agitating the Purge without adding soap into the mix to get the full cleaning ability from it.

IMG-1559.jpg

Blown dry, wiped with some NV Boost and the tires dressed, they are now back to spec.

IMG-1567.jpg

I wish I could get some of Hyde's Serum Rustopper in Australia to prevent the rotors turning orange, I tried to order it but international shipping is not available with this stuff. :facepalm:
https://www.obsessedgarage.com/products/hydes-serum-rustopper-rust-inhibitor
Try Drycoat Rust Preventative from Autobarn.
https://autobarn.com.au/ab/Autobarn...EVMDPmYkWFLNuBJZGCk679Lbb4X0p6ZYaAvmYEALw_wcB

TasGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 MY17 Mustang GT 5L Triple Yellow Convertible

Sponsored

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback

KermiStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
AJ
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT N4G
Not 100% sure but I have heard that magneride equipped cars sit a little lower than those without.
@snake bite

So I took this photo recently after some time on the Track. The Green FN has Magnaride (not lowered) with 20” rims and 35 series tyres. The red FM has 20” rims with 30 series tyres, and lowered coil overs. I’ve asked the owner to provide me how details on how much his is lowered and will update. (Edit: red front 25-30 drop, rear 40)

Download the pic and zoom in. It’s an interesting comparison.

AD14D9D0-56A1-4985-9388-ABD367D648F8.jpeg

Last edited:

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback