Science is now cancelled? [USERS NOW BANNED FOR POLITICS]

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
Hello; It should not be as hard to figure as the list you present.
First is those who had asymptomatic or very mild cases of covid may have good immunity as was presented in a recent link. Thing is they may not know themselves they actually had the virus. They likely will be thinking they never had the virus unless some positive way is used to test for the immunity. If they have such a test and it is positive for antibodies, they will know the natural protection is present. If not tested they will not know and will be like all the unvaccinated in terms of a decision to have the shots.

For the millions who had the virus and know for sure the answer is simple enough. That they survived and recovered will be evidence their immune system worked. Not sure why any tests or other such will be needed. As to the level of immunity, this is the same for the vaccinated and the naturally immune is my understanding. Both can catch the virus. Both can get bad cases. Both can and do die.
It would seem much depends on the persons immune system. With the shots there has not been a crucible type test to check the immune system. With the actual infection the body has met the challenge. At some basic level this entire shots vs natural immunity gets down to the individuals immune system.

The rest is included in a basic answer. It is up to the individual as to getting a shot or not. The only tests needed are when they are actually sick with the initial infection and may have been tested. Lots of people get these tests when they see a doctor. Lots get tested for other reasons.
If the person suspects they had the virus but were not tested at the time, which was my case. They can have an antibody test which is what I did. I paid for that test myself and would not have had the shots if it had been positive.

The last bit about mandatory vaccination rules to work, travel, eat, go to school are part of things having very little to do with science facts and more to do with intruding into peoples lives. I have a vaccine card and that is good enough to allow me to do all the things listed and more. Yet it is proven I can be infected and can be shedding virus even with my two shots. A person with natural immunity is no more likely to have an active infection, perhaps less likely, than I am. Yet the naturally immune are restricted. The shots and that card are not a guarantee in any real sense in terms of infection, only that I have complied with an edict. Back when I took the shots it was still strictly voluntary and I did not know I was joining a cult.
Well that is a start but far from a protocol. I can assure you that all of those questions and more will need to be answered by anybody wanting to advise government.

As was shown earlier (link posted) having had COVID and recovered does NOT confirm you have any lasting immunity. Yes you recovered but that is all. When will these people get the vaccine ? As asked and not answered, will they get one dose, two doses and when, with explanations of why.

I think you are saying anybody who wants the vaccine can have it ? How is that different from now?

What is your policy advice. Vaccinate or not after natural infection, because as a government there has to be a policy. It cannot be open ended, get vaccinated if you feel like it - far too woolly. So do you advise people to NOT get vaccinated if they had COVID - when they then later die of COVID that is going to look like a pretty brave policy, and I can assure you bravery and medicine / lawyers make poor bedfellows.

As a hypothetical example, I had COVID last Spring - tested positive. Do I get vaccinated now? What advice can you give me about what I should do ? I want to maximise my protection and minimise my risk to others. Oh and by the way my wife is a lawyer and I have a generous life policy to pay any legal fees :wink:

The final paragraph - you are missing the point completely. These rules are in place in other countries NOW. Your vaccine card is useless for travel as it is far too easily forged. If you are a US citizen coming to Europe then you need electronic confirmation of an approved vaccine and then need to provide proof via an app or printed 3d barcode of your vaccine status to do anything in many countries - this means things like going to restaurant, travel on a train or bus. No matter what your COVID history without vaccination this will not be possible. Are you going to deny these people vaccine so they cannot travel?

There is no cult. The fact that you even use this term shows a deep rooted failing on your part to understand what most of us want. We want to get on with our lives whilst doing all we can to protect others, and you know what - I want proof of vaccination before you or anybody else starts invading my personal air space.
Sponsored

wingnutt

Threads
Reaction score
MN, FL, WI, MO, KY, TN, CO, TX, CA, WA, TX again
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
350R avalanche gray
- I want proof of vaccination before you or anybody else starts invading my personal air space.
so does that also mean, that you will stay the hell out of the states that outlawed vaccinations/passports and masks?!?

because according to everything you typed, the entire population of Florida/Texas/et all, should be dead soon…

…askin for a friend 😬

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
There is no cult. The fact that you even use this term shows a deep rooted failing on your part to understand what most of us want. We want to get on with our lives whilst doing all we can to protect others, and you know what - I want proof of vaccination before you or anybody else starts invading my personal air space.
Hello; What I find of interest is there is not any refuting my contention the those with natural immunity are in at least as good a state of immunity as those with shots. The argument presented is about protocols and policy. Any person ought to be free to choose the shot or reject the shot, even the unvaccinated who have not had the infection.
The naturally immune ought to be in the same boat as those with the jabs in terms of any certification. They (naturally immune) do not need the shots, but should be free to take them if such is their own choice free from threats and mandates.

Back before the goal posts were changed when I got my shots the card was a personal record and not needed for anything. Now you say even my card is not good enough. I will have to jump thru hoops to get some sort of certified proof. My mother kept my birth certificate. I still have it. Eleven years ago I mover to a different state and needed some proof at a government agency. Showed the original BC but it was rejected. I had to pay and order a certified copy from my birth state. Guess what it was the exact copy of what I had. This for sure has nothing to do with science.

Let me remind again. The shots are considered "leaky". We vaccinated do get infected. We do shed virus when infected. We do get very sick and some do die. The vaccines are no better than the naturally immune, maybe not as good. Yet in some convoluted way only the sots are acceptable. It is a power and control issue at this point in general. There is some valid argument for the unvaccinated to get the shots, but not for the naturally immune to be forced to do so.
A line was crossed when recommendations to get the shots became mandates with punishments attached to get the shots.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
I hope you read further than the headline and are not trying to make any connection between Antarctic weather and global climate. After all that would be very foolish.
Hello; Such is fair as long as hurricanes, dry spells, and other such things do not get attached to global climate.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
A line was crossed when recommendations to get the shots became mandates with punishments attached to get the shots.
A restriction isn’t necessarily a punishment. You’re playing on words.
By your definition, not being allowed to drive is the punishment for not holding a drivers licence.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
A restriction isn’t necessarily a punishment. You’re playing on words.
By your definition, not being allowed to drive is the punishment for not holding a drivers licence.
Hello; try telling that to the naturally immune who have to get a shot or lose a job.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Hello; try telling that to the naturally immune who have to get a shot or lose a job.
On top of losing the job you are denied unemployment. Yes, punishment is the correct word.

OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Replace ”naturally immune” with “previously infected”.
Being previously infected doesn’t imply immunity, as has been discussed here repeatedly. Again, you’re misusing language.

Sponsored

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
lol, clearly a typo and you know it…

…outlawed vaccination passports, ya fruitcake 🙃
So what states have outlawed masks ... ya wingnut? 😄

"News at 5 ... man arrested in Texas for wearing a mask."

so does that also mean, that you will stay the hell out of the states that outlawed vaccinations/passports and masks?!?

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,

wingnutt

Threads
Reaction score
MN, FL, WI, MO, KY, TN, CO, TX, CA, WA, TX again
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
350R avalanche gray
So what states have outlawed masks ... ya wingnut? 😄

"News at 5 ... man arrested in Texas for wearing a mask."
you are distracting from the point sir…

…he said he would insist on proof of vaccination to be in their presence; ie a vaccination passport.

what would YOU call the opposite of that?
Sponsored