95CobraR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 K1868
Vehicle Showcase
I ordered mine in Jan., 2019. My dealer got it on 7-3-19 and delivered it to me on 7-5-19.

It's a great car with no issues. The engine is very unique and will be a very collectible car one day. It also has a unique performance of horsepower, handling, and brakes. It's a winner. No apologies.

2019GT350.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
95CobraR

95CobraR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 K1868
Vehicle Showcase
I just raised the tire pressure on each tire for the fall cooler temperatures. It is 30 psi front and 32 rear cold. This helps the stock understeer. The wear across the tire is perfect.

I still have the original Pilot SS Cup 2 tires in 295/305 35ZR X 19 tires which are really good when warm/hot. I think they are better today with a few heat cycles than when new.

Sponsored

TundraOnKings

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
T
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT PP1 A10, '20 Armada,'15 Tundra,14' GS350F
I just raised the tire pressure on each tire for the fall cooler temperatures. It is 30 psi front and 32 rear cold. This helps the stock understeer. The wear across the tire is perfect.

I still have the original Pilot SS Cup 2 tires in 295/305 35ZR X 19 tires which are really good when warm/hot. I think they are better today with a few heat cycles than when new.
I’d guess by your Avatar you track both the 911 and GT350?
I think my PP1 GT was the wrong weapon for the track and debating on dumping more $$$ into it for all 3 coolers (already did suspension/camber/wheels/tires which helped tremendously), or unloading and picking up a different track car. The 911 is obviously the best and most expensive choice, but haven’t heard opinions from owners that have both. What’s your take on the GT350, vs 911? Do you wish you would’ve went R or S? I understand completely different platforms, and PDK vs 6SPD, but still would like to hear your opinions.
M2C, Cayman 718 GTS, ZL1 LE, C7, GT350, have all been on the radar. Didn’t want to send a bunch of $$$ into a wall, but I can’t keep the GT from overheating and don’t want the slouch of a Miata. Coolers are only another $6K, but I’m still concerned they won’t keep the car cool.

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
I’d guess by your Avatar you track both the 911 and GT350?
I think my PP1 GT was the wrong weapon for the track and debating on dumping more $$$ into it for all 3 coolers (already did suspension/camber/wheels/tires which helped tremendously), or unloading and picking up a different track car. The 911 is obviously the best and most expensive choice, but haven’t heard opinions from owners that have both. What’s your take on the GT350, vs 911? Do you wish you would’ve went R or S? I understand completely different platforms, and PDK vs 6SPD, but still would like to hear your opinions.
M2C, Cayman 718 GTS, ZL1 LE, C7, GT350, have all been on the radar. Didn’t want to send a bunch of $$$ into a wall, but I can’t keep the GT from overheating and don’t want the slouch of a Miata. Coolers are only another $6K, but I’m still concerned they won’t keep the car cool.
I dont own both but I will say a lot comes down to cost of tracking and how much you do it. The 350, while not cheap is less expensive then a GT500 or a ZL1 1LE. The initial cost of the 911 is much higher. I dont know the 911 line but I can run faster then the standard 911 so, Im not sure its the best choice. Not a bad choice at all. The Miata is cheap and cheap to run but yea, no. A dedicated track car is generally cheaper because you dont have to insure it. But then, you cant drive it on the street and you need a truck and trailer. Good luck, its a tough choice with so many variables

BierGut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F-150
I LOVE my car, but HATE all this issues. But for the price -- one Hell of a track car.

I have had numerous Porsches - yes, the entrance price is higher, but they have fewer issues and a higher build quality. Standard 911s should be compared to standard Mustangs... GT350 should be compared to GT4s and GT3s. The latest (2022) Porsche GT3 is without question THEE top dog for track days. (under 7 seconds at Nurburgring)

Les

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lester
Vehicle(s)
19 GT350-Ruby Red, 12 Roush RS3 Kona Blue, 33 Ford
Vehicle Showcase
Ordered my car 1/11/19 got it 8/6/19 and it exceeds my expectations In every way. :rockon:

Sponsored

DCShelby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Lighting Blue and 2017 Ducati 1299S
I’ve had two 911 C4S and they are great cars too. With the right tires you can take them anyplace. Running costs are definitely higher though and even little things can add up, because to get to the little thing other things must come off or be lowered. Case in point the coolant tank, on the 997.1 they crack and need replaced…part is cheap but to get the old one out….you have to lower the whole engine cradle….if the AOS needs replaced, all kinds of stuff has to come out.

Konamoth

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Base
I LOVE my car, but HATE all this issues. But for the price -- one Hell of a track car.

I have had numerous Porsches - yes, the entrance price is higher, but they have fewer issues and a higher build quality. Standard 911s should be compared to standard Mustangs... GT350 should be compared to GT4s and GT3s. The latest (2022) Porsche GT3 is without question THEE top dog for track days. (under 7 seconds at Nurburgring)
7 seconds for the ring?
Think Bier meant 7 minutes? The '22 GT3 put down a 6:55 according to road and track.

BierGut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F-150

I'm glad someone is at least proof reading what I write! :crackup:

You are correct -- 7 second would be QUITE a feat.

BierGut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F-150
I’ve had two 911 C4S and they are great cars too. With the right tires you can take them anyplace. Running costs are definitely higher though and even little things can add up, because to get to the little thing other things must come off or be lowered. Case in point the coolant tank, on the 997.1 they crack and need replaced…part is cheap but to get the old one out….you have to lower the whole engine cradle….if the AOS needs replaced, all kinds of stuff has to come out.
Totally agree, BUT... I have seen much higher failure rates with GT350 parts then any Porsche I ever owned (for track use). Again I love the car, however, and I am serious, I have to get something repaired after every track event... hubs, VCT, camshaft sensors and pigtail harnesses, diff rebuild, driveshaft, etc. The warranty company, going forward, will increase their prices based on my car alone. :crackup:
Sponsored