The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
I had done a search for GT500's in California last week within 20 miles of me on Ford.com. There were 20 available including 2 at Ken Grody in Buena Park.

In a chance meeting my wife and I were at lunch on Saturday and the bartender and I started talking cars and he just happened to mention that a buddy of his works at Ken Grody. I asked him if he could text him and ask what the ADM are on these two cars. He gets back to him and says $35K as I laughed and spit out my drink. He also claimed they were both sold.

They are still on the Ford site so who knows.
Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I had done a search for GT500's in California last week within 20 miles of me on Ford.com. There were 20 available including 2 at Ken Grody in Buena Park.

In a chance meeting my wife and I were at lunch on Saturday and the bartender and I started talking cars and he just happened to mention that a buddy of his works at Ken Grody. I asked him if he could text him and ask what the ADM are on these two cars. He gets back to him and says $35K as I laughed and spit out my drink. He also claimed they were both sold.

They are still on the Ford site so who knows.
Inbound orders that are already sold still show up on Ford's (and the dealers) website. Mine worked that way and I called the dealership asking why my car was listed for sale on their website. I was told not to worry, it was mine. It is an inventory function and besides, it brings more people in to look at other cars so I was told.

My point is don't believe that a specialty vehicle is not already spoken for. Likewise, don't believe internet pricing when they show a car like that available for MSRP.

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
Inbound orders that are already sold still show up on Ford's (and the dealers) website. Mine worked that way and I called the dealership asking why my car was listed for sale on their website. I was told not to worry, it was mine. It is an inventory function and besides, it brings more people in to look at other cars so I was told.

My point is don't believe that a specialty vehicle is not already spoken for. Likewise, don't believe internet pricing when they show a car like that available for MSRP.
Agreed but on the Ford website they let you know if it’s a dealer order or already in stock. These are already in stock. Douche bags.

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
Likewise, don't believe internet pricing when they show a car like that available for MSRP.
True. There is a dealer here advertising MSRP on a GT500... I wouldn't expect to buy if for that. But then, I'm not the target market.

New 2021 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 for sale in SCOTTSDALE, AZ 85260: Coupe Details - 602721974 - Autotrader

Agreed but on the Ford website they let you know if it’s a dealer order or already in stock. These are already in stock. Douche bags.
You are only allowed to say such things if you are a member of the club.

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
I disagree. They actually are just that. The rest is marketing….. along with an economical discussion as to whether or not it would be worth the trouble.
Some folks like to build their performance, others like to right a check.
I have no problem with either type, but many of the checkbook buyer always has an issue with the other type. aka, but it is still isn't a gt500.
As someone posted above.
If you bought your performance and drive it and use it, I have no issue with that, not everyone can build their own.
I take issue with those that act like they are kings and everyone else with lesser models/trim are peons.
Sadly, it can be seen here in this thread.
One must always remember there is always someone faster than you, with more skill than you. stay humble.

Sponsored

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
I have no problem with either type, but many of the checkbook buyer always has an issue with the other type. aka, but it is still isn't a gt500.
As someone posted above.
If you bought your performance and drive it and use it, I have no issue with that, not everyone can build their own.
I take issue with those that act like they are kings and everyone else with lesser models/trim are peons.
Sadly, it can be seen here in this thread.
One must always remember there is always someone faster than you, with more skill than you. stay humble.
Aww, but pompousness is THE entertainment.:curse::angry:😂

Last edited:

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
ICU: I would say that there are many different segments within the enthusiast world. For example...age. Sooner or later, knuckle-busting gets old and you have more enjoyable directions in life. I'm sure there are a few exceptions but I don't believe I am alone in this group.

If you reach that point AND you still love aggressive ICE vehicles, there's only one choice. Buy it.

Finally, the old adage remains true...

You get more flies with honey. :cool:

Have fun knuckle-busting, I remember it well.

JeremyPro5.0

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 & 2018 GT350R
ICU: I would say that there are many different segments within the enthusiast world. For example...age. Sooner or later, knuckle-busting gets old and you have more enjoyable directions in life. I'm sure there are a few exceptions but I don't believe I am alone in this group.

If you reach that point AND you still love aggressive ICE vehicles, there's only one choice. Buy it.

Kilobravo. Agreed

Anyone who knows me knows I used to wrench on a bunch of cars and usually enjoyed building their performance levels. I still have a 5-O that I have had in “rebuild” for years. It isn’t rebuilt yet for lack of time, not; knowledge, ability or money.

Buying a done performance car is the path many choose due to more factors than can be covered here. There is no reason to cast shade on those people, they just aren’t you if you prefer to build your car.

As far as the 350 and 500 not being worth the money, again an opinion you are entitled to but you should make it an informed opinion not one based on jealously or spite or any other factor non-knowledge based.
I personally have more respect for a car builder than buyer but that’s my opinion.

These are race cars you can comfortably drive on the street,track, or just to the car show if that is what you want.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Truth. None of the GT500s I have inquired about via online listings were available for list. Zero, zilch, nada.

So I wait until late winter/early spring to see what the lay of the land is on my dream '22 at MSRP. I'm on a list, but no doubt allocations will be gone and that will be that. Unlike some, I will never pay a premium on a depreciating asset; I'm almost sure I can't even bring myself do so mentally, even paying list is foreign to me but I'm willing to do so in this case. Still, I've had an earlier GT500 and it didn't change my life in any significant way, so there's that. We will see where the chips lie, I've already been looking at other cars on the bucket list.

And then we get to knuckle busting. Now that the GT500 engine is available in crate form, other impure thoughts are running rampant. You can build an engine cheaper, sure, but OEM-level instant gratification is a thing and plopping one of these into my '15 would net me the car Ford will no longer build: top Shelby power in an unassuming wrapper. I'm told it's a fairly simple swap. The only caveat is this wouldn't solve my looming need to rid myself of a clutch pedal, which the GT500 DCT would.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Kilobravo. Agreed

Anyone who knows me knows I used to wrench on a bunch of cars and usually enjoyed building their performance levels. I still have a 5-O that I have had in “rebuild” for years. It isn’t rebuilt yet for lack of time, not; knowledge, ability or money.

Buying a done performance car is the path many choose due to more factors than can be covered here. There is no reason to cast shade on those people, they just aren’t you if you prefer to build your car.

As far as the 350 and 500 not being worth the money, again an opinion you are entitled to but you should make it an informed opinion not one based on jealously or spite or any other factor non-knowledge based.
I personally have more respect for a car builder than buyer but that’s my opinion.

These are race cars you can comfortably drive on the street,track, or just to the car show if that is what you want.
And there is another aspect many are missing. The 350 and 500 are an engineered solution. Yes engineered. As Frack pointed out, they have degrees on their wall, lol.

What that means to people like me is the cars put power down in a way that can't be duplicated by a guy turning wrenches in his garage.

And I dont mean this comment towards you per se, but many take these engineered vehicles and continue to do their mods on them as they see fit.

Again, this argument has been argued many times over and the same result seems to come of it.

I'm going to try to stay out of this as much as i can because I see the same troll throwing out the bait over and over. Arguing for the sake of it.

JeremyPro5.0

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 & 2018 GT350R

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
While it’s listed for retail they want $20K over.
at least it’s good for a laugh.
while I could afford this, my sensible side says, upgrade your GT

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.

DID YOU read the whole post or just cherry pick parts of it?

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
I hope someone read that.
Sponsored

Status