2021 GT500 For Sale at Local Dealership

Status
Not open for further replies.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
But its functional. Isnt what all this performance is about?
I guess it speaks to tolerance. I just have an aversion to anything on a car that-
A) looks riceresque
B) Is big enough to hang my laundry on.
I suppose if performance is all that matters than that’s the answer, and it does work. For me it would feel too weird driving it with that big thing, but that’s just me.
I’d do a base 500.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I guess it speaks to tolerance. I just have an aversion to anything on a car that-
A) looks riceresque
B) Is big enough to hang my laundry on.
I suppose is performance is all that matters than that’s the answer and it does work.
It produces 550 pounds of downforce. This car was built for the track, not starbucks or cars and coffee.

Geesh.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It produces 550 pounds of downforce. This car was built for the track, not starbucks or cars and coffee.

Geesh.

Geesh.
It isn’t a Ford GT. On that I can see it 100%. On a Mustang, not so much. Looks like it’s trying too hard.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
JFC, this is a purpose built track car. If you don't like it, find elsewhere.

I can say that the car is very good at its intended purpose.

Something tells me this a tag troll fest.

ThreeFiveO

Chassis #1356
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Gt350 Track Pack
I think you missed your calling. You could probably do well as a car buying consultant. Let people fill out a profile and then you can tell them what vehicle they are permitted to buy.

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
I think you missed your calling. You could probably do well as a car buying consultant. Let people fill out a profile and then you can tell them what vehicle they are permitted to buy.
You know you're right. The problem will sort itself out because these people will never buy a performance vehicle like this.

No intervention required.

This is comical.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You know you're right. The problem will sort itself out because these people will never buy a performance vehicle like this.

No intervention required.

This is comical.
With no malice, has it ever occurred to you that there’s a possibility that not everyone likes what you like? You may think the CFTP is heaven sent. I think if I were to want a GT500, I would want a base. I see neither a problem nor a troll, just a differing opinion. Secondly, with regard to your reference of “these people”. I’m not sure to whom you are referring, but I’d like to have some clarity if I may ask.

Last edited:

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
With no malice, has it ever occurred to you that there’s a possibility that not everyone likes what you like? You may think the CFTP is heaven sent. I think if I were to want a GT500, I would want a base. I see neither a problem nor a troll, just a differing opinion.
Sure ill play. Why are you here? If its not for you, then why stop by and make negative comments?

Seriously, why?

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sure ill play. Why are you here? If its not for you, then why stop by and make negative comments?

Seriously, why?
I was simply curious as to what type of GT500 was available. I had no intention of insulting, agitating or causing you consternation with my opinion of which type I would want and why.

Last edited:

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
Weird thread. Of course the 350 is a better car than the GT, the R better than the 350 and the 500 better than all of them… how can you seriously argue the the contrary???
As for what someone should pay for a car, or for that matter what car someone should buy, that is none of your business, it’s their money and therefore there choice
Below is a little clip of our “professional racer, teacher, master of the track, and trolls slayer at his first track event….
While his driving skills may have improved, obviously his attitude has not..😁

Last edited:

Sponsored

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
I have to agree that the GT500 CFTP wing isn’t very flattering at all.
It isn't the look of it, it is those type wings on a full fender car, when spun around at speed, lift off and either the mounting fails,( Best outcome) or the car goes up and over.
Ever see what happens to cars with a cage that does this?
These production cars don't have a tube chassis,cage, it going over will hurt, that 5 point belt isn't going to do much when the seat mounting fails.
There is a reason track designed cars now have those type wings mountings low and behind the vehicle, not over the deck lid/tail panel

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
It isn't the look of it, it is those type wings on a full fender car, when spun around at speed, lift off and either the mounting fails,( Best outcome) or the car goes up and over.
Ever see what happens to cars with a cage that does this?
These production cars don't have a tube chassis,cage, it going over will hurt, that 5 point belt isn't going to do much when the seat mounting fails.
There is a reason track designed cars now have those type wings mountings low and behind the vehicle, not over the deck lid/tail panel
You mean like this one?

Would you like to expand upon or clarify your comments before I throw another 2 cents in?

Mustang%2520GT4%2520Ford%2520Performance_web%25202.jpg

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
.......................reality, proven by science testing including wind tunnel testing and why that wing is gone.

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Love to play , but can't today.
I'm sure you'll tell us how you know more than all the engineers at Toyo,Ford G.m. and mopar, nissian, porsch, lambo, etc.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anytime forces are highly concentrated with the expectation of a given amount D/F applied in a particular direction, any sudden change to the design with regard to change in direction will result in negative consequences. Just common sense. In other words, the wing becomes a sail.
Sponsored

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.