Reaction score
Website
www.blueearlbrewing.com
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium California Special
Vehicle Showcase
Looks like this one just arrived and I saw my salesman posted it on the dealers Facebook page. They are selling it 10K over sticker, so $108,060.

image0(2).jpeg
image1(1).jpeg
image2.jpeg
Sponsored

PUR_SPD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darren
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, RR, CFTP, TP; 2013 Boss 302, SBY; 2016 F150 Super Crew; 2010 Audi A6
Many will disagree but $10K over for a CFTP? Someone will be very happy with that price (other than the dealer).

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
I will never understand why buyers, buy units and pay the dealer market adjustment profit scam.
All because they just have to have a Shelby, then never drive it in anger IF they drive it at all.
Save your money buy a gt and stick a ricer wing on it.

Sponsored

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you got it spend it
Then the same bozo the clowns complain when ford ups the base price on the car 10k , Ford did so because they learned fools and their money will soon part and smile while doing it.
This is the reason these cars sticker for 40-45k more than a loaded gt. chowderheads with more money than braincells

TxGT350-52

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Lead Foot, 2021 Diesel Tremor CG
Then the same bozo the clowns complain when ford ups the base price on the car 10k , Ford did so because they learned fools and their money will soon part and smile while doing it.
This is the reason these cars sticker for 40-45k more than a loaded gt. chowderheads with more money than braincells
Having a bad day today? :wink:

Kane00

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
Past: F40, 512M, 512, Diablo SE30, LM002, 360 Stad
I will never understand why buyers, buy units and pay the dealer market adjustment profit scam.
All because they just have to have a Shelby, then never drive it in anger IF they drive it at all.
Save your money buy a gt and stick a ricer wing on it.
🙄. Sure. Sign me up for one of those.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
Comparing one of these cars or a 350 to a loaded gt is laughable. I have a loaded vert gt, not the same animal at all. It’s a great car, but very far from a 350 or even more then a 500. The cold reality is most of the people that buy these types of cars have disposable income because they have more brain sells then most, thus the reason they can afford them. I’d also venture to say that most of those individuals under stant supply side economics and practice it in there professional lives every day on one level or another. And I’m in the desert, I shxt canned my lawn a few years back and installed artificial grass.:like:

Sponsored

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium Coupe, 2020 GT350 Heritage
Looks like this one just arrived and I saw my salesman posted it on the dealers Facebook page. They are selling it 10K over sticker, so $108,060.

image0(2).jpeg
image1(1).jpeg
image2.jpeg
That's $13k too much. In winter when over half the country isn't driving them, you'll see deals.

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Comparing one of these cars or a 350 to a loaded gt is laughable. I have a loaded vert gt, not the same animal at all. It’s a great car, but very far from a 350 or even more then a 500. The cold reality is most of the people that buy these types of cars have disposable income because they have more brain sells then most, thus the reason they can afford them. I’d also venture to say that most of those individuals under stant supply side economics and practice it in there professional lives every day on one level or another. And I’m in the desert, I shxt canned my lawn a few years back and installed artificial grass.:like:
My point is that most of the buyers of these cars never use the extra performance they have, so they might as well buy a loaded gt and put the ricer wing on it that the shelby comes with.(sorry not a fan of that type "wing") They buy them so they can say they own one, not all, but many. Few buy them and ring them out , those owners are not worried about needing protection from sand on a road, but worried about the hot tire tread picking up every stone and tossing them at the lower rear 1/4,etc.
You know, the type more worried about it's value, than driving it hard.
Maybe I'm odd, I buy performance cars to get the extra performance out of it, not to putt around and stroke an ego.
I could have bought a gt500 or gt500r I have the funds, I did not because 1) I can't see spending 95-130k for a mustang and
2) There is no place near me that I could use the extra performance the car has.
I have yet to really ring out the HHP E/B because of lack of places to really get after it. To do that I will have to travel So buying a shelby would be pointless as I would never be able to use the performance other than maybe once or twice a year at a track event hundred if not thousand miles away.
I've done this before, and by the time you get back in the groove of the cars limits and your driving skill limits, the track day/week end is over, you really need to be able to goto these events more than once or twice a year to be able to jump in and be comfortable of driving it at the limits right off the trailer.

Last edited:

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
Sorry, hope this doesn’t offend. But, why do you care what someone buys or how they use it. You’ve obviously put a monetary value on your purchase decision and the same with theirs. Your spending a lot of effort justifying your decision while questioning and belittling some one else’s. The one thing that for whatever reason seems to happen in this and so many other threads in the 350 and 500 section, is those with Gt’s trying to justify why they purchased a Gt over a 350 or 500. That in itself is telling enough.

My point is that most of the buyers of these cars never use the extra performance they have, so they might as well buy a loaded gt and put the ricer wing on it that the shelby comes with.(sorry not a fan of that type "wing") They buy them so they can say they own one, not all, but many. Few buy them and ring them out , those owners are not worried about needing protection from sand on a road, but worried about the hot tire tread picking up every stone and tossing them at the lower rear 1/4,etc.
You know, the type more worried about it's value, than driving it hard.
Maybe I'm odd, I buy performance cars to get the extra performance out of it, not to putt around and stroke an ego.
I could have bought a gt500 or gt500r I have the funds, I did not because 1) I can't see spending 95-130k for a mustang and
2) There is no place near me that I could use the extra performance the car has.
I have yet to really ring out the HHP E/B because of lack of places to really get after it. To do that I will have to travel So buying a shelby would be pointless as I would never be able to use the performance other than maybe once or twice a year at a track event hundred if not thousand miles away.
I've done this before, and by the time you get back in the groove of the cars limits and your driving skill limits, the track day/week end is over, you really need to be able to goto these events more than once or twice a year to be able to jump in and be comfortable of driving it at the limits right off the trailer.

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sorry, hope this doesn’t offend. But, why do you care what someone buys or how they use it. You’ve obviously put a monetary value on your purchase decision and the same with theirs. Your spending a lot of effort justifying your decision while questioning and belittling some one else’s. The one thing that for whatever reason seems to happen in this and so many other threads in the 350 and 500 section, is those with Gt’s trying to justify why they purchased a Gt over a 350 or 500. That in itself is telling enough.
Because when people pay over sticker on performance cars, dealers learn they can pull this on all of them .THAT IS WHY.
You'd not pay an extra 100.00 at the food store just because the clerk looked at you and said he can afford it.
Come on, the paying over oem list msrp is just mindblowingly stupid.
The same yoyo's shop at amazon to save a buck over the local store but will drop 5-10-20k over msrp on a car.
Does not compute.
Vehicle prices have run away from reality in the last few decade because of this crap, so it affects everyone. NOT "just" the yoyo's with money to burn

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Wow,
I couldn't agree more. I am an enthusiast, but I must say some people just don't get it. If the GT crowd wants to hand around here and read about our adventures, great. But to comment on a car that they have no first hand knowledge of and almost mock it, well.....

The 350 and 500 are not GTs. They share the same chassis and that is about it. They are not comparable. Call me a snob (which I'm not), but we here in the 500 section as well as the 350 section have been constantly bombarded by the GT folks trying to offer their insights without the experience or knowledge to know what these cars are built for.

If you want an all around mustang, buy a GT. If you want a track focused specialty car that I can attest is worth every penny on the track, you buy a 500. The same holds true for the 350.... It is a mustang in name only, and for that reason, the GT folks think that they are entitled to throw shade.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.