Sponsored

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
I read the title as a complete Mach 1 swap and came in here for the important P/N - rear subframe, control arms, transmission and such.... not to shit on your thread, but this is same as buying some GT500 front (which looks horrible on a regular GT - I know - it's subjective).

If this is expensive, wouldn't it make like 100 times more sense to trade the car in and get a real Mach 1 benefiting from mechanical changes to it at the same time ?
Sponsored

Decible

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 HP
I read the title as a complete Mach 1 swap and came in here for the important P/N - rear subframe, control arms, transmission and such.... not to shit on your thread, but this is same as buying some GT500 front (which looks horrible on a regular GT - I know - it's subjective).

If this is expensive, wouldn't it make like 100 times more sense to trade the car in and get a real Mach 1 benefiting from mechanical changes to it at the same time ?
The rear sub-frame is the same P/N as the gt500

OP
OP
V8der

V8der

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Lariat 502A SCrew 2018 Mustang GT Premium 401A PP A10

[/QUOTE

Well… you read wrong……lol. Let’s be completely honest here bud the biggest change is the front end on Mach 1’s besides the Tremec. It’s a parts bin car from the 350 and 500. I only posted my experience on the parts I swapped because my car is a fully optioned 2018 magride premium car. So from a performance aspect my car is pretty much the same as a Mach. I had an A10 (an option for a Mach 1) so I wouldn’t change to a Tremec but that is the only difference. Yeah if you had a base MT82 manual car, it would be much wiser than to just sell it buy a Mach. My car is a 930 wheel hp Whipple E85 car with a fully built trans, full Full GT350R brake swap car with a TON of aftermarket quality parts on it. So I’d be down grading majorly going to a stock Mach.

This is definitely not the same as bolting on some aftermarket cheap bullshit 500 front end on a Mustang and trying to make it something it’s not. This is using quality OEM Ford parts to upgrade the front end of a car that essentially a glorified GT at the end of the day with some factory parts.
You don’t like it? Great! No one really cares… especially me…. but for those people who think it’s worth it I’m providing a avenue for them to do it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
V8der

V8der

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
The rear sub-frame is the same P/N as the gt500
I think it’s been determined that only the mach1 grill will fit, slightly different shape.
Really? I swore I matched up my aftermarket Bullitt grill and it was the same. I was almost gonna use it then went with the stock Mach grill. I didn’t actually put it in the opening but man it looked identical. Maybe I’m wrong on that.

On the subframe I believe it only some stiffer bushings on the front and rear subframes, not 100 positive though.

Last edited:

Kermut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach M5413
I had an A10 (an option for a Mach 1) so I wouldn’t change to a Tremec but that is the only difference
That's like, objectively not true man. I'm not saying your car is bad or anything, and you do you, but there are more differences than just the fascia and transmission....

Sponsored

Steve68

Mr. Robot
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt, 2018 Jeep JLUR, 2020 F-150
I've got the Mach 1 HP wheels ordered for my Bullitt, along with the Magneride Handling Pack kit.

What else from that list do I need to make the wider wheels/tires work? Fender liners for instance? Or are those only needed for the brake cooling?

Also wondering if I should add the fender flares.

What are people doing for the rears (flares) on GTs?

Last edited:
OP
OP
V8der

V8der

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
That's like, objectively not true man. I'm not saying your car is bad or anything, and you do you, but there are more differences than just the fascia and transmission....
Yea of course there is and I’m not saying there isn’t. You’ve taken that out of context. That was being said about my current car and how it sits mod wise. I’ve upgraded a lot of the things that a Mach comes with stock. So for
Me personally there wasn’t a lot of difference.

Decible

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 HP
Really? I swore I matched up my aftermarket Bullitt grill and it was the same. I was almost gonna use it then went with the stock Mach grill. I didn’t actually put it in the opening but man it looked identical. Maybe I’m wrong on that.

On the subframe I believe it only some stiffer bushings on the front and rear subframes, not 100 positive though.
Yeah I believe they are right. The Mach grill is ever so slightly different. I believe I read it’s the GT500 subframe, subframe bushing, and toe link. PP1 spindle and breaks

Decible

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 HP
I’m waiting on someone to figure out if the Mach coolers for the trans (A10) and diff can be retrofitted and integrated with the factory systems.

OP
OP
V8der

V8der

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
I’m waiting on someone to figure out if the Mach coolers for the trans (A10) and diff can be retrofitted and integrated with the factory systems.
The diff can be added for sure but the problem is the wiring for it. You could just wire it to its own switch to be turned on/off as you like but as for factory integration I don’t think that’s possible.
Trans Cooler wise the Mach 1 A10 is exactly the same as a regular mustang cooler. Only the Tremec gets the cooler that sits on the passenger side corner vent. It didn’t look that big to me to try and make the swap work for the A10. I just end up doing the Mishimoto upgraded cooler for the 15-17 Mustangs. It’s works just fine and mounts perfectly with no modifications needed on 18+ cars.

Sponsored

Decible

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 HP
The diff can be added for sure but the problem is the wiring for it. You could just wire it to its own switch to be turned on/off as you like but as for factory integration I don’t think that’s possible.
Trans Cooler wise the Mach 1 A10 is exactly the same as a regular mustang cooler. Only the Tremec gets the cooler that sits on the passenger side corner vent. It didn’t look that big to me to try and make the swap work for the A10. I just end up doing the Mishimoto upgraded cooler for the 15-17 Mustangs. It’s works just fine and mounts perfectly with no modifications needed on 18+ cars.
I thought I saw somewhere the A10 got an upgraded cooler in the lower right vent on the Mach 1. Maybe not.

OP
OP
V8der

V8der

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
I thought I saw somewhere the A10 got an upgraded cooler in the lower right vent on the Mach 1. Maybe not.
I thought so as well but after looking at 2 different VINS a A10 and a Tremec the lower right cooler was only for the Tremec.

Decible

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 HP
I thought so as well but after looking at 2 different VINS a A10 and a Tremec the lower right cooler was only for the Tremec.
Good to know! What ever they have cooling the A10 on the Mach it works. Randy Pobst thrashed an A10 Mach HP around the Atlanta track and it didn’t over heat at all.

Sponsored