OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
2 of my kids have 5 kids each, rabbits I know. They get mad when I ask them if they figured out where they come from.

One is a sanitation freak, her oldest is now 21 all of her kids have some type of medical problems, real or imagined, but they are always sick.

The other is opposite, very healthy kids. The oldest there is 16 so a few years may tell a different tale, but I doubt it.

I see this pattern in the general population as well.
So theyā€™re the kind of weak DNA that need to be thinned out every 100 years or so? These are your words, not mine, Iā€™m just connecting the dots.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
What "thousands of parents"? You do realize that 464 children in total (0 -17) have died of covid since the pandemic started? During the same time period, 188 children died of influenza? And in the 2018/2019 flu season (half the current covid period) 477 children died of influenza?

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid_weekly/index.htm

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden/2018-2019.html
For some clarity, I recall seeing that the CDC believed ~20% of school aged kids (Iā€™m paraphrasing) had been infected so far. By extrapolation, the thousands comment kinda fits.

rick81721

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 LB H6153
For some clarity, I recall seeing that the CDC believed ~20% of school aged kids (Iā€™m paraphrasing) had been infected so far. By extrapolation, the thousands comment kinda fits.
Sure if the reference was infections, but it seems pretty clear he was referring to fatalities.

What's going on down under - rubber bullets now?

OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Sure if the reference was infections, but it seems pretty clear he was referring to fatalities.

What's going on down under - rubber bullets now?
Yeah, a bit of unrest amongst some of the tradies.
Infections were spiking in the construction industry. The state government said theyā€™d need to get vaccinated if they wanted to continue going to work through the lockdown period, they lost their shit.

The CFMEU (Construction, Forestry, Mining & Electrical Union) denounced the protestas did the ETU (Electrical Trades Union).

The weird part is where the ETU made the statement below. Particularly where they suggested that they donā€™t support mandatory vaccination, without actually running a ballot to consult the members.

Not sure where they got their direction from if the members havenā€˜t been asked.

Itā€˜s a very weird spot politically, given that the current state government is very Union/blue-collar friendly.
So, the unions are pushing back against the government AND their members simultaneously and also failing to actually consult their members.

Strange times.

56996B29-861C-440F-B371-3D3B24AE1A60.jpeg

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Hello; Again a twisting of my comments along with entirely fictional assumptions you just make up. You have imaginary made up guesses that do not relate to my comments at all.

There is no logic to explain about my position on the shots. I took the shots so by definition am not an anti-vaxer. That I am not on the "everybody must get the shots" bandwagon does not make me an anti-vaxer.

I do not think those who have recovered naturally from the virus need the shots at all, a specific circumstance based on decades of understanding of natural immunity. Not a stance against the shots.

I also understand that as with any medication there is a possibility of side effects. That I discuss these side effects doe not make me an anti-vaxer. Several times in this thread it has been pointed out that aspirin can have side effects. I understand this and knew of such for decades but I still take aspirin.

I take the stance getting the shots should be a voluntary choice based on a persons circumstances. If I were from 18 to 40 years old and as fit as I was back then I likely would not take the shots. I do have a general philosophy that it is not wise for the species for all to have a new medication just in case there does turn out to be unexpected side effects. In any experiment there ought to be a control group.

For people of some age groups and for people with some health conditions, the risk from the shots makes sense compared to the risk of the shots.

I stated before these shots have had liability protection. Remove that liability protection so the makers, distributors and administrators so those unvaccinated who took the shots can sue and get back to me. The cry has been the shots are "safe" for some time. If such is true the liability shield ought not be needed.

The way it looks to me is that because I am not whole heartedly 100% on board for all to get the shots, therefore that makes me anti-vaxer. Not any deviation, however slight or reasonable, from the agenda is allowed is the way it looks.
Maybe you don't realize it, but about 98% of all you're posts come across as negative towards the vaccination, and you seem to also always try to down play the world pandemic. You are always digging for any obscure information that tries to put it all in that light, even though your obscure dig-ups go against the majority of the information you're tying to discount. That would basically be the tactics of an anti-vaxxer.

So if you were not vaccinated right now and never had Covid would you get vaccinated today or not after all your "research" so far on what's going on?

And I'm all for anyone to make up their own mind about getting vaccinated or not as long as they don't think they can do whatever they want without consideration to causing potential harm to others - regardless if they know they have Covid or not. But I'm really not on board with people who continually spread misinformation and conspiracy theories, think they can do whatever the hell they want by breaking rules and mandates while living in society (where those rules and mandates are there to protect people), and down play something that is more serious than some here think it is.

Last edited:

Sponsored

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
What "thousands of parents"? You do realize that 464 children in total (0 -17) have died of covid since the pandemic started? During the same time period, 188 children died of influenza? And in the 2018/2019 flu season (half the current covid period) 477 children died of influenza?

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid_weekly/index.htm

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden/2018-2019.html
Sorry for not being clear. I posit that there will indeed be many deaths if in fact children all just went back to school like it is 2019. Not that there have been that many thus far.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
Maybe you don't realize it, but about 98% of all you're posts come across as negative towards the vaccination, and you seem to also always try to down play the world pandemic. You are always digging for any obscure information that tries to put it all in that light, even though your obscure dig-ups go against the majority of the information you're tying to discount. That would basically be the tactics of an anti-vaxxer.

So if you were not vaccinated right now and never had Covid would you get vaccinated today or not after all your "research" so far on what's going on?

And I'm all for anyone to make up their own mind about getting vaccinated or not as long as they don't think they can do whatever they want without consideration to causing potential harm to others. But I'm really not on board with people who continually spread misinformation and conspiracy theories, think they can do whatever the hell they want by breaking rules and mandates while living in society (where those rules and mandates are there to protect people), and down play something that is more serious than some here think it is.
Hello; There may be a medicine somewhere which has never had a single side effect. I do not know for sure. The way to figure if it is wise to use a medicine is to consider the risk of using it compared to the benefits of using it.
For a mild headache I will not use an opioid. For severe pain I might use one. Here is a real example from my past. I had knee surgery in 2002. I was given a bottle of oxy. On te first morning after the surgery I took one. The rest of the day I did without. On the morning of the second day I took one more. Those two were all I ever took. I knew of the risk of taking the pills. On the third morning I decided to get by without taking any more. The reward of less pain was not worth the risk of addiction.

I had at least three side effects from the moderna shots. A sore shoulder from the first shot for a few days. Not too bad. For the second shot i had that and in addition I was very sick for a day. Not the mild flu like symptoms I was told about but bad flu like symptoms. It took a second day to get over the that bad sickness. I later had a fever blister on my lip.
My brother had the same things except instead of a fever blister he had shingles. Thing is my searching for information about the vaccines has uncovered a couple of sources in which the shingles and fever blisters were predicted. Both those links i posted got the not good enough treatment. The sources also mentioned the heart problems which are well known by now.
Some of the other things predicted are much worse and I hope they will not come to be. I neither wish to make too much of these things nor do I wish to burry my head in the sand and ignore the possibility. That the shingles and fever blisters were called and match my experience gets my attention.
Just as i know the potential for side effects from aspirin and have to take them into account when deciding to use them, I want to have as much information on the shots. I am now 74 years old and still with two comorbidities so my circumstance is not changed. I may might still take the shots even with the new information.
I am not young with decades to have to live with any shot side effects that come up. I am old enough to have heard the "don't worry it's safe" a few times when it actually was not safe after all. A young person in good shape, without high BP, not fat and with a good diet may be the least at risk. At least well over 99% odds of doing well. Risk -Reward is worlds different for that person compared to an old guy like me. So what if I become sterile it is not an issue. Might be a little sad if my chance of cancer goes up, but not like it will be for a 20 year old. So my old gut guy risk is peanuts compared to a young guys risk.

Let me backtrack a bit. If I could believe those in authority were being completely truthful with me about this whole mess, my attitude would be different. Sadly the mind set appears to still be like it was at the time of the "good lie" about the masks. The agenda has been decided which is shots for all and anything to promote that agenda is "good". While even seeking the best information is considered bad. So i ask questions and take a stance that the naturally immune do not need the shots and that translates into I am an anti-vaxxer. Go figure.

Last edited:

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Let me backtrack a bit. If I could believe those in authority were being completely truthful with me about this whole mess, my attitude would be different. Sadly the mind set appears to still be like it was at the time of the "good lie" about the masks. The agenda has been decided which is shots for all and anything to promote that agenda is "good". While even seeking the best information is considered bad. So i ask questions and take a stance that the naturally immune do not need the shots and that translates into I am an anti-vaxxer. Go figure.
You really seem hung up on the switch in recommendations about masks when this all started in early 2020 ... so what, how does that matter on what's going on right now?

The other thing that was going on back when all this started was people trying to villainize and throw experts under the bus as much as they could because of their own agenda, and they thought this would all go away "on its own" in a short time. So who knows what kind of internal pressures were at force with all people involved and scrambling when all this crap started. As said many times, it's all somewhat of a
'discover and learn" process as things unfold regardless of any lessons learned in the past, even for many of the experts that do this for a living - something pretty typical in life, especially with something at this magnitude.

The fact is that it's all unfolded the way it has, and nobody can go backwards - they can only look forward and try to make the right decisions based on science and data ... not politics and feelings. That's the real problem with this country right now.

No matter what anyone says, if someone does enough research for themselves they will see there are a lot more positive reasons to get vaccinaed vs not. Of course it's still up to whoever to decide for themselves, and to also take the resulting consequences without blaming anybody but themselves. If rules and mandates are legally made to help protect everyone regardless if they are vaxxinated or not, people need to respect that and act accordingly instead of just thinking only about themselves.

So if you let go of all your latched on early biased negativity of how this all unfolded, if you weren't already vaccinated, would you still get vaccinated today based solely on the science and current statistics? And if you did get vaccinated tomorrow for the first time, would you still try to only approach it all in a very negative way and try to down play it all like you currently do? Or would that only be dependant on what kind of reaction you had from the vaccination, which sounds like where a lot of your negativity comes from.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
So theyā€™re the kind of weak DNA that need to be thinned out every 100 years or so? These are your words, not mine, Iā€™m just connecting the dots.
Actually yes, due to her own stupidity.

Unmask them all at school so they can all catch it and then bring it back home to everyone else who lives with them. It's the perfect virus spreading mechanism.
Not sure about your kids but the kids I see getting off the bus, the first thing they do is remove the mask. Then I see them playing together in each others houses and on playgrounds.

Yep masking them in school works.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
"You really seem hung up on the switch in recommendations about masks when this all started in early 2020 ... so what, how does that matter on what's going on right now?" Quote of GT pony

Hello; The simple thing is that particular authority is still in the same position of power as he was on the day he told the lies. It was not just a switch in recommendations, it was an outright lie. The difference being that he knew it was a lie when he said it. The circumstances did not change with regard to his understanding of masks. That he claims he lied for a good reason also does not change the fact it was a lie.
So we continue to have a self confessed liar at one of the top positions in the federal response to the pandemic and we are supposed to continue to trust the agency running the country he fronts for?
I could throw in the rules for thee but not for me of that same individual with regard to the sports stadium picture of him mask less and no social distance.

Sponsored

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
I could throw in the rules for thee but not for me
Congress and it's employees are exempt from the federal jab mandate.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
CDC COVID Data Tracker
Hello; here is the latest from the CDC. cases still on the way down overall. Deaths have been low for a while in most age groups, but have either stayed low or are going down since August.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"You really seem hung up on the switch in recommendations about masks when this all started in early 2020 ... so what, how does that matter on what's going on right now?" Quote of GT pony

Hello; The simple thing is that particular authority is still in the same position of power as he was on the day he told the lies. It was not just a switch in recommendations, it was an outright lie. The difference being that he knew it was a lie when he said it. The circumstances did not change with regard to his understanding of masks. That he claims he lied for a good reason also does not change the fact it was a lie.
So we continue to have a self confessed liar at one of the top positions in the federal response to the pandemic and we are supposed to continue to trust the agency running the country he fronts for?
I could throw in the rules for thee but not for me of that same individual with regard to the sports stadium picture of him mask less and no social distance.
What you see as a "lie" is more like an indecisive recommendation based on the circumstances at that point in time. You really are hung up on it aren't you, lol.

Too bad you didn't or don't think the same way about everyone who really lies a lot more in Gov't. šŸ˜„

As always, it seems you post claims that are easy to prove to be false. You should really stop putting your foot in your mouth over and over, and instead do some research before latching on to false, misleading and twisted information.

Read this carefully: https://www.politifact.com/factchec...sing-old-fauci-email-falsely-claims-fauci-li/

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CDC COVID Data Tracker
Hello; here is the latest from the CDC. cases still on the way down overall. Deaths have been low for a while in most age groups, but have either stayed low or are going down since August.
Watch for the mid winter surge after all the holidays between now and Jan 2022.
Sponsored