Sponsored

Science is now cancelled? [USERS NOW BANNED FOR POLITICS]

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
8 kids "8" dies from covid in Ohio since the beginning.

Remember this is a new virus to us old people but it is just one of many to a kid.

Where is your science on this?

I again think you are a troll who is paid by some organization like S(I won't name them in case it is considered politics)S.
9 actually. Ohio is one of the worst states for pediatric covid and they are currently seeing a surge.

Your comment about old people and kids is illogical. The virus is new to humanity. Not sure what science you are looking for.

I am actually an energy vampire and I am feeding off your angst.
Sponsored

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
You are just chasing your tail here. No one is handed any such warning panel when they get vaccinated. Never.

I posted what you are saying doesn't exists yet you still are clamped up on it. Any Dr or Rx can easily find it. So can you. Took me 15 seconds.
Hello; Sounds like you are hung up on one point. That being the shots when given, we do not get a warning sheet. Not the case when I took the shots. I was handed a two page printout with information on the shots. Not an extensive side effect listing as for other medications to be sure. I guess because the companies are not yet liable for any bad outcomes.

My guess is there is a listing of side effects for flu shots somewhere.

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hello; One possible positive on the masks is the low effeciency of the masks at controlling the virus. Of course the masks may be better at controlling other common childhood disease when added to closed schools.
I get your point. For a few years now there have been reports that kids do better overall when out in the dirt of the world. That hovering parents who try to sanitize a kids world may cause the kids to have more problems long term. I was an in the dirt kid myself.
Ever hear of a kid dying because they got dirty playing?

So, children might be better off if we just let them get on with infecting each other? It's OK since less than 1 percent will die, right? Those thousands of parents will probably be OK with that I am sure.

Sheesh!

You guys really are grasping at straws today.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
I was an in the dirt kid myself
2 of my kids have 5 kids each, rabbits I know. They get mad when I ask them if they figured out where they come from.

One is a sanitation freak, her oldest is now 21 all of her kids have some type of medical problems, real or imagined, but they are always sick.

The other is opposite, very healthy kids. The oldest there is 16 so a few years may tell a different tale, but I doubt it.

I see this pattern in the general population as well.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Your comment about old people and kids is illogical. The virus is new to humanity. Not sure what science you are looking for.
Can you not see it? When you are born EVERY virus is new to you. Your immune system is what keeps you alive. Well actually your mothers keeps you alive for the first 6 months or so.

Real science says ALL viruses are new to kids, even manufactured ones. This covid corona virus is just a COLD virus and will be here forever. Might as well let our kids deal with it naturally.

Sponsored

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
9 actually. Ohio is one of the worst states for pediatric covid and they are currently seeing a surge.

I am actually an energy vampire and I am feeding off your angst.
Hello; The thing is that there is a very good likely hood some older people have a built in immunity to the new covid virus. This is a thing known of for a long time. A new disease comes along and some folks just do not get sick.
The suspected reasons have been studied for many decades. I guess the best known example is the relation of cowpox to smallpox. Older folks many have had a corona virus or maybe many of them over time and that may help them. I cannot say for sure about the why, but do know the effect is known.
Children will not have had the life experience with pathogens to have built up a reservoir of such potentially useful immune system training.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Children will not have had the life experience with pathogens to have built up a reservoir of such potentially useful immune system training.
Right, but their immune systems are on hyper drive since they are being bombarded with new (to them) germs and viruses daily. They have to learn to fight them off or die.

When you were a kid I'll bet you had many runny noses, colds, flu ect...

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Ever hear of a kid dying because they got dirty playing?

So, children might be better off if we just let them get on with infecting each other? It's OK since less than 1 percent will die, right? Those thousands of parents will probably be OK with that I am sure.

Sheesh!

You guys really are grasping at straws today.
Hello; Sure there are serious potential pathogens out there in the world. I guess that is why some parents shelter their children so much. But the evidence has been coming in for a few decades now that keeping kids away from dogs, cats, dirt and the other nasties of the world can lead to asthma and allergies to name two that come to mind.

This gets us back to the basics of survival. The world is a risky place. Always has been. For the few millions of years we humanoids have been around we had no choice but to take our chances. Now we have become clever enough to have some options. Thing is there are proving to be risks with the use of the options. Kids allowed to be around dogs appear to wind up with fewer allergies it appears.

But yeah, out of all kids outside playing a few will run into something dangerous. Snakes, spiders, broken bones, dihydrogenmonoxide, bees, gravity and pathogens. Thing has been so far each parent gets to decide how to raise a child. Be super protective or allow them to be in the world.
I may be taking it wrong. Are you suggesting children should not be allowed into the world any more because it will be a bad outcome for a few. To keep one parent from having a tragedy, many tens of thousands of children are to be kept in sanitized conditions?

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
We vaccinate for smallpox, 30% death rate
We vaccinate for polio 15%–30% of adults die many become permanently paralyzed
We vaccinate for diphtheria, The overall case-fatality rate for diphtheria is 5%–10%, with higher death rates (up to 20%) among persons younger than 5 and older than 40 years of age.

But we mask up and mandate jabs for the less than 2% of people who die from covid. The people under 20 who die are almost zero.

WHY!!??

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Right, but their immune systems are on hyper drive since they are being bombarded with new (to them) germs and viruses daily. They have to learn to fight them off or die.

When you were a kid I'll bet you had many runny noses, colds, flu ect...
Hello; I was born in 1947 and had al the childhood diseases in addition to lots of colds. I had the flu a few times along the way. Lots of sore throats, earaches, infected cuts. Then I spent over 30 years in public school rooms as a teacher.

Sponsored

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hello;
I may be taking it wrong. Are you suggesting children should not be allowed into the world any more because it will be a bad outcome for a few. To keep one parent from having a tragedy, many tens of thousands of children are to be kept in sanitized conditions?
You are taking it wrong.

Again, as others have said, it isn't black/white, on/off.

IMO, schools should remain closed until we can vaccinate children.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
64 percent of those aged 18 to 30 years caught a cold 1 to 3 times in the past year.
https://theconversation.com/can-you-die-from-a-common-cold-126241

Complications from a cold can cause serious illnesses and, yes, even death – particularly in people who have a weak immune system.

Damn I suppose we will need to take a cold jab 3 times a year along with the flu jab and covid booster annually.

We will be human pin cushions.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
You are taking it wrong.

Again, as others have said, it isn't black/white, on/off.

Hello; Our society has relied on the public schools to be a place for our children to be while we go off to earn a living and keep the economy going. There was the additional benefit of the children getting a basic education for a long time, but that benefit has faded the last decades to be sure.

At first the chance of death from covid for children was vanishingly small. I do not know the actual numbers today but the CDC graph will be updated this weekend and I will look. I suspect it will be still small.

The question becomes how much of these mandates, lockdowns and such can we stand before these practices become worse than the disease?

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Gee, we should close Ohio school because 9 kids died?

How many died from falling, or accidents. Lets google

Each year in the United States, more than 17,000 youth ages 19 years and younger will die as a result of injury (22.5 per 100,000); more than 630 will die in Ohio (20.0 per 100,000). Injuries have been the leading cause of death in children for nearly 40 years.

We should wrap them all in bubble wrap and keep them in their homes.
OOps many die at home

Every year, more than 2,200 children die from injuries that happen at home.

We should keep them at day care centers
The latest report, from 2016, shows that nationwide 24 children died in child care facilities from abuse or neglect

Looks like we are on to something. But most in day care are under 5

Do you see how stupid your statement is? Probably not.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P

Our schools here in Florida (more appropriately, Flori-duh ...) not only aren't requiring masks for kids, but there's new idiocy on the table to remove a specific quarantine period, and allowing parents of exposed kids to just let them go back to school, if they're not showing symptoms.

(staying as apolitical on this as possible)

Our little G wears her mask, and, she's also vaccinated, but I'm waiting for things to go south again given the other halfwits around here.

She did terrific in v-school, so she could get right back into that mode. She already does a ton of self-study anyway, her honors ELA teacher told us he's just putting her on independent study because her reading/writing proficiency is easily at a college level, and she's got two classes that are high school credit courses (Geo II / Adv Bio) that do a lot of self study.

She's in middle school. :)
Sponsored