Sponsored

anyone live in colorado near denver or springs area with a supercharged mustang?

Louk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lou
Vehicle(s)
F90 M5, 2022 TRX
I am looking at picking up forced induction for mine at this years black friday sales. either whipple or procharger. I have never ridden in a supercharged GT and while everyone says they are amazing i would just like to feel it before putting the money into it.
I'll buy some lunch for the trouble as an incentive lol
Sponsored

Epona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rad
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2015
I am looking at picking up forced induction for mine at this years black friday sales. either whipple or procharger. I have never ridden in a supercharged GT and while everyone says they are amazing i would just like to feel it before putting the money into it.
I'll buy some lunch for the trouble as an incentive lol
In fact I had an HO Procharger put on my 2015 GT four months ago, and have been astonished by the performance gain. I was around 450 HP before this; the dynamometer reading afterwards was 600 HP! I have not taken her out for a full acceleration test because it is obvious that the weak link is now my rear tires; I'm getting some wider ones put on this week. I live in Loveland, and you are welcome to come up and try mine out. Actually, I am now looking into going Stage II, but am seeking an opinion as to just how much gin I will get for the additional money.

OP
OP
Louk

Louk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lou
Vehicle(s)
F90 M5, 2022 TRX
Awesome thanks! I will reach out and see if we can play something.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
The only tire other than a true drag radial that I've found to handle the power is the Nitto 555rii Street drag radials. The downside is you won't get much more than 9-10k miles out of them, if that. My next set of tires will be either the Michelin Pilot Super Sport 4S or the Continental Extreme Sport Contacts. For Colorado, I recommend either the Michelin or Contis, as you don't have as many warm weather months, as there are out here in GA. Wider and better traction from the dig don't always equal the same :) With that having been said, I run a 305/35R20 on the rear.

In fact I had an HO Procharger put on my 2015 GT four months ago, and have been astonished by the performance gain. I was around 450 HP before this; the dynamometer reading afterwards was 600 HP! I have not taken her out for a full acceleration test because it is obvious that the weak link is now my rear tires; I'm getting some wider ones put on this week. I live in Loveland, and you are welcome to come up and try mine out. Actually, I am now looking into going Stage II, but am seeking an opinion as to just how much gin I will get for the additional money.

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
Ever hear someone say they like their NA car better after a supercharger install?

Me neither.

Good luck OP and welcome to the madness!

Sponsored

Epona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rad
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2015
Ever hear someone say they like their NA car better after a supercharger install?

Me neither.

I am stupid regarding all things automotive except for one thing: I am smart enough to ask real experts (including many esteemed subscribers to this list serve) for advice. Thus I am happy to report that the Michelin Pilot Super Sport 4S tires are exactly what I just purchased for my newly enhanced GT - based on the advice of a local "performance artist." :cool:

OP
OP
Louk

Louk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lou
Vehicle(s)
F90 M5, 2022 TRX

Me neither.

Actually I met one, he had a c6 zo6 and regretted it due to having reliability issues afterwards. This was probably due to the amount of other work he had done though.
I know the power will be intoxicating, it is more or less is it worth it for a dd never tracked car.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
It is worth it. Said with a big smile !
Gas mileage will suck a bit though.

Actually I met one, he had a c6 zo6 and regretted it due to having reliability issues afterwards. This was probably due to the amount of other work he had done though.
I know the power will be intoxicating, it is more or less is it worth it for a dd never tracked car.
Sponsored