Sponsored

Ford app, and Mustang deep sleep, time out .

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
  • Banned
The other day, I got a message from the app, when I at work tried to see the miles to empty.
That the car went into deep sleep to conserve battery , because I have not started it in awhile, (it was 3 days).
So the app, remote functions and telling me where it is (address) was not going to function till I manually at the car with remote unlock, lock or start car.
This is all fine and dandy, till you go on a vacation and want to check on your vehicle, and the app ,won't give you a location.
Is there a way to extend the time/hours before this happens.
I put a volt meter on the battery and it was still fully charged and did a load test, the battery is fine, It just seems ford added a timer to these app functions to keep from draining the battery if the car sits for weeks, but 3 days is a little short.
Sponsored

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I never got that notification until my car sat for about 2 weeks last winter.

OP
OP
ICU812

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
  • Banned

Sponsored

Stangomydreams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Cali Special Convertible
Mine is closer to 2 weeks before deep sleep alert in app (always over 1). I always use remote and get horn to chirp.

ihc95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10 401A
mine goes into deep sleep after 2 weeks as well

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
Mine will go into deep sleep after somewhere between one and two weeks. However, if I leave my dashcam in "Parking" mode (where the image sensor and 30 seconds of video memory remain active in case it feels an impact), it will flip to deep sleep after 1 to 2 days.

Hidalgo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Convertible, Premium, Magnetic, Int. Midnight Blue, 401A Pkge, 10Sp. AT, Smart & Safe Pkge, Active Valve Performance Exhaust, Shaker Pro, 20" Alum wheels; 2015 BMW M235i, Vert, Twin Turbo, JB4; BMW 2017 X5, M Sports Pkge
The other day, I got a message from the app, when I at work tried to see the miles to empty.
That the car went into deep sleep to conserve battery , because I have not started it in awhile, (it was 3 days).
So the app, remote functions and telling me where it is (address) was not going to function till I manually at the car with remote unlock, lock or start car.
This is all fine and dandy, till you go on a vacation and want to check on your vehicle, and the app ,won't give you a location.
Is there a way to extend the time/hours before this happens.
I put a volt meter on the battery and it was still fully charged and did a load test, the battery is fine, It just seems ford added a timer to these app functions to keep from draining the battery if the car sits for weeks, but 3 days is a little short.
WHICH APP ARE YOU USING?

Sponsored

PHX ATC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Toby
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT & 2020 Explorer ST & 2022 Porsche 911
2 weeks for me.

Get a battery tender (not charger) and put the pony car on it. $100ish, tops.

OR go start it within that 2 week period.

JackWagon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
05'F150, 10' T4R, 22' Mach 1 HP, 69'Chevelle
I know this is an old post but I just did a search about this and this came up. I received a notification via FordPass that the Stang went into deep sleep. I just drove it Friday, hasn’t even been 48 hours!. Checked battery and load tested and all good. Any new thoughts on this?

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I know this is an old post but I just did a search about this and this came up. I received a notification via FordPass that the Stang went into deep sleep. I just drove it Friday, hasn’t even been 48 hours!. Checked battery and load tested and all good. Any new thoughts on this?
They just want to make sure you are paying attention. Seriously, I've gotten a few times over the past three years. Since I know my battery is good, I just ignore them.

JackWagon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
05'F150, 10' T4R, 22' Mach 1 HP, 69'Chevelle
They just want to make sure you are paying attention. Seriously, I've gotten a few times over the past three years. Since I know my battery is good, I just ignore them.
Interesting. Wonder if there's any validity to that 🤔. Time will tell I suppose.

Wickedluis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luis Salmon
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang Gt PP1 Stage 2 whipple
I have a 2022 GT I purchased in June , I got this Message a week after purchase then it worked fine. I took it in to Ford for a different issue last week, and picked it up a 6 days ago. it sat for 5 days and when I tried starting it with the app it gave me the deep sleep message and again today. I believe I had a message on the Sync screen to drive it so the battery would charge . not sure what's going on now. Even my voltage shows 12.5 at idle and fluctuates from 12 to 14 while driving.
Sponsored