TSB 19-2026: Aluminum Panel Corrosion

angermgmt14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium--Oxford White--A6
^^^ I don't think an extended warranty would cover it.
Yeah, I wasn't sure about that either but I figured it " might" help if/when talking to Ford about it.
Sponsored

ConspicuousConsumption

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP MT, Explorer ST
Yeah, I wasn't sure about that either but I figured it " might" help if/when talking to Ford about it.
Very low mileage, in my opinion. 24k miles on a 2015, bought it new from this dealership, as well as a 2014 Mustang before it, and my dad just bought a Bronco Sport and my mom previously bought multiple vehicles from them. Basically, itā€™s some BS that they wouldnā€™t do me a solid on this. Guess where Iā€™ll be getting my next vehicle? Not there.

I really love the factory hood, but Iā€˜m so frustrated now that Iā€˜d start considering a carbon fiber hood or something else pretty neat.

Oh and the body shop connected to the dealership (technically a different company) quoted me $1400 to repaint all of this. Not a new hood or door, of course.

Anyway, pissed and frustrated

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Very low mileage, in my opinion. 24k miles on a 2015, bought it new from this dealership, as well as a 2014 Mustang before it, and my dad just bought a Bronco Sport and my mom previously bought multiple vehicles from them. Basically, itā€™s some BS that they wouldnā€™t do me a solid on this. Guess where Iā€™ll be getting my next vehicle? Not there.
They won't do it for you because it won't meet warranty to do so. If you had a buddy with some pull at the dealership they could probably make it happen in some other way, but apparently nobody there will do it that way.

ConspicuousConsumption

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They won't do it for you because it won't meet warranty to do so. If you had a buddy with some pull at the dealership they could probably make it happen in some other way, but apparently nobody there will do it that way.
I know that this particular dealership isnā€™t worth haggling with. They just donā€™t play ball. I trust their service department, thankfully, but theyā€™re not going to do any favors.

What kind of shop should i look for for installing an aftermarket hood? Iā€™ve heard they require some fitting

beetle6986

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT, 04 Cobra, 2008 BMW 335
I know that this particular dealership isnā€™t worth haggling with. They just donā€™t play ball. I trust their service department, thankfully, but theyā€™re not going to do any favors.

What kind of shop should i look for for installing an aftermarket hood? Iā€™ve heard they require some fitting
You need to put a case in with Ford directly.

Sponsored

beetle6986

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT, 04 Cobra, 2008 BMW 335

Roushguy1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 RS3
I also have this issue, 2016 RS3 / 20k miles noticed all the bubbles on the hood lip last month ,75k car and this is B.S. I wonder if Chevrolet SS & Hellcats have this issue? FORD step up and take care of your future CUSTOMERS...

ConspicuousConsumption

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I also have this issue, 2016 RS3 / 20k miles noticed all the bubbles on the hood lip last month ,75k car and this is B.S. I wonder if Chevrolet SS & Hellcats have this issue? FORD step up and take care of your future CUSTOMERS...
Have you started figuring out what youā€™ll do to fix it? Iā€™m just kinda living with it right now. Too busy

Sponsored
OP
OP
Cobra Jet

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Have you started figuring out what youā€™ll do to fix it? Iā€™m just kinda living with it right now. Too busy
2016+, Paint & Corrosion 5/60 will cover the corrosion on aluminum panels and hood. Ford no longer fixes the panels or hood, they replace them.

So if you don't have "time", don't let the 5/60 run out, otherwise you won't be able to get it fixed under warranty and even though there is a TSB, if your Paint & Corrosion 5/60 is done, it's all out of pocket expense for repairs.

ConspicuousConsumption

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016+, Paint & Corrosion 5/60 will cover the corrosion on aluminum panels and hood. Ford no longer fixes the panels or hood, they replace them.

So if you don't have "time", don't let the 5/60 run out, otherwise you won't be able to get it fixed under warranty and even though there is a TSB, if your Paint & Corrosion 5/60 is done, it's all out of pocket expense for repairs.
I have a 2015

Roushguy1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 RS3
I have a 2015
No I have to check into it in the springtime. I Put it away for the winter already. plus I bought it 8/16 so no coverage left. I am going to seek out a body shop that specializes in Aluminum panels.

OP
OP
Cobra Jet

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
I have a 2015
Oh well unfortunately the 2015's are not covered as the 2016+. Warranty terms changed in 2016 where aluminum panel peroration is not a prerequisite. It's been discussed quite a bit in this very thread.

ConspicuousConsumption

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oh well unfortunately the 2015's are not covered as the 2016+. Warranty terms changed in 2016 where aluminum panel peroration is not a prerequisite. It's been discussed quite a bit in this very thread.
Yup, I read the entire thread, much to my disdain. Just commiserating with folks at this point.
Sponsored