R Owners - Hunter Revolution for CF rims

anacar312

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
HEP R Chassis LR268
Are you guys just calling your tire shop or Ford dealer and asking if they have this machine?
It just so happens that my local Ford dealer ans the equipment and an experienced tech. I’m assuming I’m paying more at the Ford dealer than a dedicated tire shop but I just felt that if anything went less than optimal, it’s an easier fix with a dealer than a shop.
Sponsored

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350 (sold)
As you guys may already know, the machine doesn’t make the incompetent tire changer competent… pick your place wisely.
Most, if not all dealerships start the new guys in tire and lube, in that order. I have stories.

meterman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350R KR785
Are you guys just calling your tire shop or Ford dealer and asking if they have this machine?
No, I called Hunter Engineering and asked for the name of the sales rep and service tech in the area. I talked to them about who has the Revolution and then I had a list of shops who I knew had the machine. They costs were all over the place. From $25 a wheel to $100. So call everyone.

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350 (sold)
$100 a wheel for a change? You’ve got to be kidding. Are we talking Martha’s Vineyard here? I’d call back and verify.

OP
OP
AgSurfer

AgSurfer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350R / 2021 Shelby GT500
$100 a wheel for a change? You’ve got to be kidding. Are we talking Martha’s Vineyard here? I’d call back and verify.
@materman already found a qualified shop and reliable tech in our geographic area. The owner of the shop is also a 350R owner and knows his stuff. So I won't be arguing with @meterman and I will be taking my CF rims to this shop once I get the spare rims / rubber put on - which should be this week or next week.

I do not yet know the cost to be charged per CF wheel to dismount an old tire and then re-mount and balance new tires.

Sponsored

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic
I started with a call my dealership and they informed me they farm that work out to a specialty wheel shop that works on expensive wheels everyday. They pointed me in that direction. Made sense. Called them and they assured me they can do it just fine. $25 mount. $25 balance. Have yet to use them because I'm still researching my next set of tires.

JeremyPro5.0

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 & 2018 GT350R
Good luck.
I finally have an appointment with a shop this week.
I’ve been looking for about 8 months in CT area.
I hope these guys are good.
I spoke with 2 Hunter area sales reps and everyone they suggested including Ford and Performance shops wouldn’t do it or required a waiver that if they F up your wheel they won’t pay for it.
Again good luck.

OP
OP
AgSurfer

AgSurfer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350R / 2021 Shelby GT500
I started with a call my dealership and they informed me they farm that work out to a specialty wheel shop that works on expensive wheels everyday. They pointed me in that direction. Made sense. Called them and they assured me they can do it just fine. $25 mount. $25 balance. Have yet to use them because I'm still researching my next set of tires.
Check out the response from @Ewheels in this thread (his post is #4):
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/350r-owners-tire-question.164895/#post-3357357

I ended up purchasing the Goodyear SC3Rs for my spare rims; 305 fronts and 325 rears. The tires have been mounted and balanced, and I am getting them swapped up Saturday. Will post some pics, but, the real proof will be when I next hit the track. Being in NE Ohio with funny fall weather - and my crazy work schedule, I'm not sure if I have another track day available this year; but, I plan on looking into it and maybe will get one more day in.
Sponsored