Sponsored

FordPass app no longer shows oil life %?

JimC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2019 EcoBoost performance package coupe
Mine showed oil life -- up until I updated Sync and the maps. Then it disappeared from the Ford Pass app.
Sponsored

JimC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
No it doesn't below is a screenshot from my Android

Screenshot_20210917-140837_FordPass.jpg

Screenshot_20210917-140846_FordPass.jpg

Screenshot_20210917-140855_FordPass.jpg

Screenshot_20210917-140902_FordPass.jpg
I just was looking at mine again, and then remembered that I set it to give me a monthly "health report". I wonder if that setting means that the oil life monitor gets turned off? Do you have the health report turned on?

Soulja4187

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium & 2022 Audi A5 S-Line
I just was looking at mine again, and then remembered that I set it to give me a monthly "health report". I wonder if that setting means that the oil life monitor gets turned off? Do you have the health report turned on?
Yes, I get those every month.

stungjoe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Fordpass on a manual non-connected car (2019 Bullitt) is useless. It literally does nothing and has to be turned off so Android Auto will function half-ass.
Meanwhile I am still getting regular updates from my Grand Cherokee that I traded in back in February. It currently has a check engine light on, good tire pressure and 32% oil life left. I bet I could still unlock the doors from my couch.

Sponsored

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Fordpass on a manual non-connected car (2019 Bullitt) is useless. It literally does nothing and has to be turned off so Android Auto will function half-ass.
Meanwhile I am still getting regular updates from my Grand Cherokee that I traded in back in February. It currently has a check engine light on, good tire pressure and 32% oil life left. I bet I could still unlock the doors from my couch.
As far as the the comment on the 2019 Bullitt, that's what I thought. Pretty useless.

The second point - that someone bought a used vehicle and didn't do a Master Reset and purge all the connections is actually quite alarming. Maybe beep the horn to remind them to delete your connection? :D

stungjoe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
As far as the the comment on the 2019 Bullitt, that's what I thought. Pretty useless.

The second point - that someone bought a used vehicle and didn't do a Master Reset and purge all the connections is actually quite alarming. Maybe beep the horn to remind them to delete your connection? :D
I had to jump through too many hoops to get taken off of my old Cherokee when I traded up to a Grand Cherokee. The dealer had to send something or another to SiriusXM or all people and of course the service dept. was clueless. I have deleted the app and just get a monthly email at this point but if I did re-install the app I could probably have full access. I did do a factory re-set on the Grand Cherokee at the dealership I traded for my Bullitt at but the ownership according to FCA still shows me.

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I had to jump through too many hoops to get taken off of my old Cherokee when I traded up to a Grand Cherokee. The dealer had to send something or another to SiriusXM or all people and of course the service dept. was clueless. I have deleted the app and just get a monthly email at this point but if I did re-install the app I could probably have full access. I did do a factory re-set on the Grand Cherokee at the dealership I traded for my Bullitt at but the ownership according to FCA still shows me.
By no means I'm not implying it was your burden to deal with. I'm surprised the new owner hasn't done that for security's sake. Surprising, but there's lot of non-car savvy or plain dumb people out there.

OP
OP

ALLSTOCK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Honda Accord LX 5MT, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP2
its fun using the app to unlock and lock the car though!

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Mine showed oil life -- up until I updated Sync and the maps. Then it disappeared from the Ford Pass app.
There "should" be no correlation between the updates and FordPass. But have you tried doing a master reset on Sync. How about signing off the app, deleting it, reinstalling it and signing back in.

Sponsored

JimC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
There "should" be no correlation between the updates and FordPass. But have you tried doing a master reset on Sync. How about signing off the app, deleting it, reinstalling it and signing back in.
I did the update and then had to do a master reset. Then had to do another master reset and start over again installing the phone. It showed up until all of that was done.

OP
OP

ALLSTOCK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Honda Accord LX 5MT, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP2
it comes up as an active alert when its time to change your oil.

for me at least lol...

JimC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
I was looking at the Ford Pass app in my car on the app screen. There were several items not toggled to "on" so I changed them.

Now my Ford Pass app on the phone shows the oil life again.

rmxdavid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ralph
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Convertible 5.0 - Magnetic Metallic
I had the same problem with the oil life not showing up after an oil change at the dealer. The technician did not reset the oil life so I reset it manually on the steering wheel under vehicle/advanced. (You can see it is at 98%) Fooled and messed with it, tried everything and even did the Master reset on the Syn3 (I bought the car used and wanted to get rid of the previous history, settings, etc.. ) and then re-activated the Vehicle with the Sync system and the FordPass App.

Note: I did not re-install the app (Android) After all this, the oil life still did not update. After about 3-4 days the oil life showed-up and started working. My best guess is that it is a combination of a slightly buggy application and that maybe the oil life is not programmed to send the oil life info from the car/modem as regularly as some of the other info like the location, miles, tire pressure, check engine alerts and fuel gauge. Only someone who programmed the modem and app would know for sure but this is my best guess. After just now opening the FordPass App, - Note below that the Oil life remaining was updated 4 hours ago.

1637119403665.png

Note below at the same time, that the main screen says it was updated 1 minute ago:

1637119800642.png

I will admit that the FordPass App does seem a little different after going thru all the steps but everything works, it's just that the oil life doesn't update as often as the rest of the info. I wonder if some updates are sent when the app syncs with car/modem and others are on a schedule or have to be enabled. One last comment as previously mentioned in the thread, it could be possible that by turning the health reports On or Off/On, it could possibly trigger or re-enable to send the oil life data from the car/modem to the app. I would be curious if there is a way to connect directly to the Car/modem and check the config and settings...

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
So I rarely check the app. Just because it's not too useful unless you have the modem and remote start. But oil life is now working again.
Sponsored