Sponsored

Need help from Recaro owners: Recaro Seat Upholstery Problem - Front edge came loose

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE
I'm posting this here because search didn't come up with anything. When I went to manually adjust (fore/aft) my driver's seat, I noticed the front edge of the cloth upholstery under the front of the seat was dangling and a long narrow plastic clip was at the edge. I was able to snap it back in place - you have to wrap it under and up and it will snap back into this ridge on the seat frame. These are cloth Recaros in a PP2.

That said, this is very likely to pop out again and be a pain in my ass. It is not all that secure.

So, has anyone had this problem and if so, what did you do about it?

TIA
Sponsored

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Sure have (direct from the factory) …

It’s an easy fix - let me find you some of my posts :like:

WD :like:

cmxPPL219

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
I haven't had this specific problem on my PP2 (Leather heated 401A) but I have dealt with this very same sort of issue on previous cars.

The design of how the seat bottom covers are attached to the seat bottom frame is always very similar. I'd say that the best way to "somewhat" assure that the clip doesn't pop off again, is to push down as hard as you can on the seat bottom edge, to relieve tension, and secure the clip over the bar. Then, release the slack and tension from where you were pushing down.

If it pops off again, it's possible the cloth cover is slightly stretched out of spec, and not able to maintain the original dimensions, and thus tension - especially when there is weight on the seat bottom from someone sitting.

cmxPPL219

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Sure have (direct from the factory) …

It’s an easy fix - let me find you some of my posts :like:

WD :like:
Nice - looking forward to seeing how you fixed this permanently :thumbsup:

OP