Sponsored

Science is now cancelled? [USERS NOW BANNED FOR POLITICS]

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
Hello; I decided to go thru the article. What I find is the author includes lots of links to the information she discusses. That way we can click on the links and see the study/report for ourselves. So this is more than just a personal opinion work.

Covid-19 natural immunity compared to vaccine-induced immunity: The definitive summary
“Recent CDC data found that 74% of those who tested positive for Covid-19 in a Massachusetts analysis had been fully-vaccinated. Equally as troubling for those advocating vaccination-for-all: four out of five people hospitalized with Covid were fully-vaccinated. And CDC said "viral load” — indicating how able the human host is to spread Covid-19 — is about the same among the vaccinated and unvaccinated. Contrary to the infamous misinformation by CDC Director Rochelle Walensky last May, vaccinated people can— and are— spreading Covid. (CDC officials later corrected Walensky's false claim.)”

“Illinois health officials recently announced more than 160 fully-vaccinated people have died of Covid-19, and at least 644 been hospitalized; ten deaths and 51 hospitalizations counted in the prior week. Israel’s Health Ministry recently said effectiveness of the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine has fallen to 40 percent. Last month, 100 vaccinated British sailors isolated on a ship at sea reportedly came down with Covid seven weeks into their deployment. In July, New Jersey reported 49 fully vaccinated residents had died of Covid; 27 in Louisiana; 80 in Massachusetts. In Iceland there is a spike in cases, mostly among the vaccinated, among a highly-vaccinated population that had previously claimed to have defeated Covid-19. Of 116 cases diagnosed in one day, 73 were among the vaccinated; 43 were unvaccinated.”

“Nationally, as of July 12, CDC said it was aware of more than 4,400 people who got Covid-19 after being fully vaccinated and had to be hospitalized; and 1,063 fully vaccinated people who died of Covid. But health officials still argue that vaccinated people make up only a small fraction of the seriously ill. Critics counter that CDC’s recent Massachusetts data calls that into question.”

“Update August 6: In Israel, more than 7,700 new cases of the virus have been detected during the most recent wave starting in May, but just 72 of the confirmed cases were reported in people who were known to have been infected previously – that is, less than 1% of the new cases. Roughly 40% of new cases – or more than 3,000 patients – involved people who had been infected despite being vaccinated. By contrast, Israelis who were vaccinated were 6.72 times more likely to get infected after the shot than after natural infection, with over 3,000 of the 5,193,499, or 0.0578%, of Israelis who were vaccinated getting infected in the latest wave.”

“Update August 27: A large study in Israel finds natural immunity confers longer lasting and stronger protection against infection, symptomatic disease and hospitalization for the Delta variant of Coronavirus compared to two-doses of Pfizer vaccine.”

“According to the study, after three months, risk of infection was 13.06 times higher among vaccinated patients and they were 27 times more likely to experience symptoms than unvaccinated people who'd had Covid previously.”

“Participants who were double jabbed were 5.96 times more likely to be infected and 7.13 times more likely to experience symptoms including cough, fever and shortness of breath.”

“But there’s promising news to be found within natural and acquired immunity statistics, according to virologists. As of May 29, CDC estimated more than 120 million Americans— more than one in three— had already battled Covid. While an estimated six-tenths of one-percent died, the other 99.4% of those infected survived with a presumed immune status that appears to be superior to that which comes with vaccination.”

Hello; This quote is of interest to me. Here is CDC estimates of a 99.4% survival rate. So I may have been correct about the overall survival rate being over 99%.

“If doctors could routinely test to confirm who has fought off and become immune to Covid-19, it would eliminate the practical need or rationale for those protected millions to get vaccinated. It would also allow them to avoid even the slight risk of serious vaccine side effects.”

“Unfortunately, virologists say no commonly-used test can detect with certainty whether a person is immune. A common misconception is that antibody tests can make that determination. But experts say immunity after infection or exposure often comes without a person producing or maintaining measurable antibodies.”

Hello; This is of interest. I was sick during the early months of the pandemic. I wondered if the illness was covid. However I had an antibody test which was negative many months later. I still have no way of knowing about that illness other than it was not like an ordinary cold or flu. Makes me wonder again, but no way to know.

“Because of that reality, people who have had asymptomatic infections — infections where they suffered no symptoms -- have no easy way to know that they're immune. However, a growing body of evidence indicates that the millions who know they got Covid can be assured they’re unlikely to suffer reinfection, for at least as long of a time period that scientists have been able to measure. Possibly far beyond.”
Sorry, but Sharyl Attkisson is a biased anti-vaxxer. Has been for some time. Biased as hell.

Read those articles she references and make up your own mind. Don't rely on her (or any) opinion.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Some people from the CDC are resigning over this push.
Are you conflating ideology with science?
Thats how it looks.
Whether someone believes that a vaccine should be mandated or not, does nothing to disprove the efficacy of those same vaccines.

OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I have a hard time believing that 36% (120M/330M) of every human in the USA regardless of age has already been infected with Covid. That's like 4 times what actual numbers from testing shows through May 2021.

May 29, 2021 was quite awhile AFTER the vaccine started being used on the public. YOUR original claim was the survival rate was over 99% BEFORE the vaccine was in use.

And they are basing their "over 99% survival rate" on the assumption that 120M people have already been infected by Covid, which there is not any supporting evidence of.

I already proved you were wrong on that when I showed that the death rate was 1.5-1.9% up to mid-end of Jan 2021 before vaccinations started. That's based on confirmed Covid cases and deaths from Covid. If you start saying that an "estimated" 120M have been infected then it makes your claim something that has no real data to confirm it ... it's only a pie in the sky estimate.

You will never prove with real data that the death rate was less than 1% before the vaccine was in use. Keep digging.
Honestly, looking at the rate of testing, I’d be unsurprised if a LOT of cases went undetected.
I wouldn’t want to even hazard a guess at the numbers though.

Sponsored

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Heritage Edition, Civic Type R
Are you conflating ideology with science?
Thats how it looks.
Whether someone believes that a vaccine should be mandated or not, does nothing to disprove the efficacy of those same vaccines.
CDC Staff were also resigning last year due to the push from the White House to downplay the virus, so its really a moot point.

Last edited:

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
CDC Staff were also resigning last year due push from the White House to downplay the virus, so its really a moot point.
Hello; Not clear how the two situations cancel each other out. It is not like two fouls on opposing teams in a football game. Could be both situations are serious. Could be one is more serious than the other. Much will depend on how sound the reasons are.

rick81721

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 LB H6153
Honestly, looking at the rate of testing, I’d be unsurprised if a LOT of cases went undetected.
I wouldn’t want to even hazard a guess at the numbers though.
CDC estimated only 1 in 4 cases were diagnosed in the US from Feb 2020 thru May 2021 - and the cumulative total infected at that time was over 120 million. Studies show similar estimates in other developed countries. Can't imagine how far off 3rd world countries are.

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hello; Not clear how the two situations cancel each other out. It is not like two fouls on opposing teams in a football game. Could be both situations are serious. Could be one is more serious than the other. Much will depend on how sound the reasons are.
Better put - you are talking politics and not science.

rick81721

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 LB H6153
I have a hard time believing that 36% (120M/330M) of every human in the USA regardless of age has already been infected with Covid. That's like 4 times what actual numbers from testing shows through May 2021.

May 29, 2021 was quite awhile AFTER the vaccine started being used on the public. YOUR original claim was the survival rate was over 99% BEFORE the vaccine was in use.

And they are basing their "over 99% survival rate" on the assumption that 120M people have already been infected by Covid, which there is not any supporting evidence of.
We've discussed this before. There is plenty of evidence that CDC uses to make these estimates. It's the same with all diseases. None of this should be surprising.

A typical flu season (remember this is only a 7 month period from Oct - April), CDC estimates about 40 million get infected with the flu - and that is with about 50% of the population vaccinated. Deaths vary by severity of the strains but typically average 40,000. The laboratory-confirmed cases per year are ~ 200,000. If CDC just reported case fatality rate by lab confirmed cases only, flu would have a staggering 20% death rate. Which is in no way reality. The same methodology has to be applied to Covid.

Sponsored

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Sorry, but Sharyl Attkisson is a biased anti-vaxxer
As are your biased vaxer sources.
CDC Staff were also resigning last year due push from the White House to downplay the virus, so its really a moot point.
Not really

They are leaving the CDC because the recommendations are not following the science

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
As are your biased vaxer sources.

Not really

They are leaving the CDC because the recommendations are not following the science
Have I ever pointed to a biased reporter's opinion piece to prove any of my claims? Ever? Not once.

Unless you can come up with specifics about the bias in what I post then let me know. Otherwise...more bullshit.

Oh, and do you really think the CDC folks quit over the science? Hardly. They got pissed off politically and retired after long tenures to end the frustration.

rick81721

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 LB H6153

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Oh, and do you really think the CDC folks quit over the science?
Yes

I suppose it could be called politics if you are told to lie about certain things. I will not further answer this as it delves into forbidden territory.

It's obvious the bias from your sources. Again a full answer will delve into forbidden lands.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
I looked at total deaths and it was 412 people under 18 for all 50 states. So about 8 per state. Yet we are supposed to jab people 12 and over. That might make sense if everyone else in the world who wanted one had one.
From the CDC, 99.997% of people under 20 die RECOVER from covid.

Israeli study, people who have had and recovered from covid are 27 times better protected than people who never had it but got jabbed.
Sponsored

Last edited: